If Marvel had the rights...

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
I was thinking, since Iron Man and Incredible Hulk were done by Marvel Studios and were actually great movies; would movies like Fantastic Four or Ghost Rider have been better movies if Marvel actually had the rights to them like they did with those two?

I feel very comfortable in saying... YES...

I would think that Marvel would find writers and directors that have an actual affinity for the source material and would do the characters, themes and plot-lines from the decades of history, justice

Johnson DID have an affinity for GR & DD, so I think that's a little unfair to say.

I don't see how they could have been worse, so yes.

Yes, they would be better. Marvel knows it's characters and will therefore create films that take the very thing that makes the comics so great and put it on screen....simple common sense (can't wait for H-wood to figure out the same for videogames--duh.).

That said, FF would be a scifi sfx extravaganza--very expensive. There's also the fact that FF is a little on the quirky side. A true FF movie will rely heavily on the writing (story, characters), acting and sfx. It will need to pull off the trifecta to work well.

while I would love to see Galactus come to life on the big screen (stunning visual potential!!!), I also think more grounded or earthbound stories would serve a FF movie better in relation to general audiences.

The Incredibles really is a blueprint for a FF movie, plus/minus a few changes, etc. of course.

Ghost Rider is a little harder because of the dark and violent nature of the character. I see Ghost Rider along the lines of a film like Terminator; gritty down to earth, scary--yet it had a very independent film feel to it. Another point of reference for me is First Blood, again a very down to earth film with large implications. I'm sure there a other references, but that's all that come to mind right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"