Do you think Marvel will ever get the rights back from Sony & Fox?

Out of all the properties MS doesn't own, FF is the only one I'd really like to see included in the MCU.

Yeah while Spider-man offers the biggest profits, Fantastic Four offers more expansion of characters and stories.

and I really want to see a Daredevil movie from Marvel Studios.

Last edited:
I agree BT. I honestly don't care if Marvel gets any of the other rights back other than FF. The others usually have their own stuff going on within the Marvel Universe and aren't as involved unless its event stories.

FF is one of those superhero groups that's essential to SHIELD and the Marvel Universe. Spider-man, the whole mutant universe, Daredevil and Ghost Rider usually do their own things.

Yeah I can't wait until Marvel regains the rights to Ghost Rider since he's an awesome character and my 2nd favorite superhero, but there's no denying that the rights to FF should be top priority for Marvel Studios.

and yes Garfield's hair can be distracting but his eyes, physique and persona are alot closer to how I picture Spider-man than Maguire ever was.

and yes Garfield's hair can be distracting but his eyes, physique and persona are alot closer to how I picture Spider-man than Maguire ever was.

I think they just represent Spidey at different stages, Andrew is more of the teenage just got his powers Spider-Man while Tobey is a much more adult looking been saving the word for a few years Spidey (even in the first film).

Fantastic Four is definitely the priority, but thinking about it, Ghost Rider IS an important piece of the puzzle. Like the Fantastic Four, he also has a set of villains that're important for the Marvel Universe, especially if they're going to expand their supernatural universe starting with Dr. Strange. Ghost Rider would be an important cornerstone in that.

Much like how you have your Avengers "Holy Trinity" of Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor, the same holds true with their supernatural characters, with the three principal characters being Dr. Strange, Blade, and Ghost Rider. They have Strange, they recently got back Blade, and now they just need Ghost Rider.

And if that website predicting that Sony Pictures is going to go kaput in 2012 holds true, then it's possible that Marvel will be able to get Ghost Rider back a WHOLE lot sooner than five years. That would also allow them to get back Spider-Man. Admittedly, Spider-Man has the least to offer as it'd pretty much just be him, as none of the villains are any use anywhere else, but that's still a MAJOR benefit to Marvel, as well. Even if they keep Spider-Man self contained, we're still talking the property that'll likely be their biggest box office draw short of the Avengers. If they get Spider-Man back than Marvel Studios will be pretty much set, financially.

Damn, you're right CM. I forgot about Ghost Rider's supernatural rogues gallery being essential to the Marvel Universe.

Fantastic Four is definitely the priority, but thinking about it, Ghost Rider IS an important piece of the puzzle. Like the Fantastic Four, he also has a set of villains that're important for the Marvel Universe, especially if they're going to expand their supernatural universe starting with Dr. Strange. Ghost Rider would be an important cornerstone in that.

Much like how you have your Avengers "Holy Trinity" of Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor, the same holds true with their supernatural characters, with the three principal characters being Dr. Strange, Blade, and Ghost Rider. They have Strange, they recently got back Blade, and now they just need Ghost Rider.

And if that website predicting that Sony Pictures is going to go kaput in 2012 holds true, then it's possible that Marvel will be able to get Ghost Rider back a WHOLE lot sooner than five years. That would also allow them to get back Spider-Man. Admittedly, Spider-Man has the least to offer as it'd pretty much just be him, as none of the villains are any use anywhere else, but that's still a MAJOR benefit to Marvel, as well. Even if they keep Spider-Man self contained, we're still talking the property that'll likely be their biggest box office draw short of the Avengers. If they get Spider-Man back than Marvel Studios will be pretty much set, financially.

Great point about Dr. Strange, Blade, and Ghost Rider being the "Big Three" of the supernatural side of Marvel, when you put it that way Ghost Rider returning to Marvel is alot more important than I initially thought.

Spider-Man returning to Marvel would be a HUGE boost to the MCU stable considering his "A list" status, plus I'd love to see Spidey appear in one of The Avengers sequels and commenting on the epic sh** that's going down.

Damn, you're right CM. I forgot about Ghost Rider's supernatural rogues gallery being essential to the Marvel Universe.

Yeah Mephisto and Blackout are two supernatural heavyweights in the Marvel Universe and the MCU would feel a good bit more complete without them.

Yeah, having the supernatural universe without Mephisto is like having the cosmic universe without Galactus. Not to mention Blackout and Deathwatch. Blackout especially concerns me as he's a Lilin. So are Lilith and the Lilin also tied up with the rights for Ghost Rider? That's something I'd really like to know for certain about.

Yeah, having the supernatural universe without Mephisto is like having the cosmic universe without Galactus. Not to mention Blackout and Deathwatch. Blackout especially concerns me as he's a Lilin. So are Lilith and the Lilin also tied up with the rights for Ghost Rider? That's something I'd really like to know for certain about.

Yep agreed on the Mephisto and Galactus comparison, oh and I'm pretty sure the Lilith and Lilin are pretty important characters to the Ghost Rider mythos so I'm almost certain they're include in GR's rights.

I think they just represent Spidey at different stages, Andrew is more of the teenage just got his powers Spider-Man while Tobey is a much more adult looking been saving the word for a few years Spidey (even in the first film).
Agree to disagree.

I felt Tobey was pretty dull as Parker/Spidey at any age.

I'd really like to see the MCU expand into the supernatural side of things, it would really make the whole universe seem much more rich. Dr. Strange seems like it will be happening in the not-too-distant future and then I'd like to see it followed up by a Midnight Sons film, reintroducing Blade and Ghost Rider.

It would be pretty cool if Snipes could come back to play Blade, though he may be too old at that point. Personally, I could consider the previous Blade movies to be in continuity with the current MCU as nothing really contradicts any of the movies. Perhaps SHIELD has an agent that monitors paranormal activity and alerts Dr. Strange to what he believes may be an impending threat. Dr. Strange must investigate and eventually seeks out Blade and Ghost Rider to handle the threat.

I would've liked to have seen Ghost Rider in a Champions movie with Black Widow, Hercules, Ice Man and Angel. Of course, with the last two being over at Fox, that won't be possible. Still, Ghost Rider could work better as part of a team than headlining his own movie. He could get a chance to shine like Hulk as in the Avengers. I suppose they could still have a semi-Champions movie with BW, Hercules, Ghost Rider and Dark Star.

Come to think of it, Scarlett Johansson looks more like Dark Star or even the Yelena Belova Black Widow than Natasha Romanoff.

Eh, personally I'd prefer it if SHIELD didn't have its hand dipped into absolutely everything. It'd be nice if the world of the supernatural was something which they were largely unaware of and outside their expertise. And I definitely don't ever want to hear the words "The Midnight Sons Initiative". If Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, and Blade ever find themselves in a team together, their gathering should be a supernatural occurence, and not because a government beauracracy built up a dossier on each and decided who they wanted to recruit for their special ops team.

plus it would fit if Strange was this major player in the supernatural world and Shield had no idea

Yeah, it could be Strange who assembles such a team to deal with whatever the threat is, as opposed to having Nick Fury or Agent Coulson popping up all over. And it'd make more sense. Being Sorcerer Supreme, he'd be familiar with all the various supernatural beings running around the Earth, whether it be the chained spirit of Zarathos or the Daywalker.

I agree with that. I wouldn't want a team of Dr. Strange, Blade, and Ghost Rider to have any kind of government backing, though I do like SHIELD being the connective tissue more or less for the MCU. I think they would be largely seperate from the cosmic and terrestrial threats that SHIELD deals with, but they are nonetheless keeping a watchful eye on them.

Dear Marvel,

Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
Blade
Morbius
Werewolf By Night

Make it happen.

this might not bode well for the "Marvel getting Spider-man back" club

Josh Trank(directed Chronicle) is in negotiations to direct a Venom movie for Sony

There're two things that can happen. Either Sony Pictures will go out of business or it won't. If it does then it doesn't matter how many Spider-Man related movies they make, because once they're out of business Marvel will likely be able to get the movie rights back. If they don't go out of business then Marvel will pretty much never get the movie rights back, because Sony will push forward a new Spider-Man or Spider-Man related movie whenever necessary to keep the license.

So whether they make Venom or not probably doesn't much matter in the grand scheme of things.

How can Sony Pictures go out of business? Is there something within Sony Corp itself that is going to bring the studio down? Am I missing something? They hold the rights to James Bond, Spiderman, and Girl with Dragon Tattoo trilogy. They can make some big bucks if the Spiderman movie is a critical success. So far, everybody is raving about it, so I just don't see them going down anytime soon.

I fear for Ghost rider only in that the story and premise can be quite horrific, and Marvel Studios has already said they won't make a rated R movie. Therefore, they might just sell the rights to another studio again only for them to decide to put out another PG-13 garbage with tame villains.

There're two things that can happen. Either Sony Pictures will go out of business or it won't. If it does then it doesn't matter how many Spider-Man related movies they make, because once they're out of business Marvel will likely be able to get the movie rights back. If they don't go out of business then Marvel will pretty much never get the movie rights back, because Sony will push forward a new Spider-Man or Spider-Man related movie whenever necessary to keep the license.

So whether they make Venom or not probably doesn't much matter in the grand scheme of things.

So basically, either Marvel will get the rights back or they won't. :oldrazz:

How can Sony Pictures go out of business? Is there something within Sony Corp itself that is going to bring the studio down? Am I missing something? They hold the rights to James Bond, Spiderman, and Girl with Dragon Tattoo trilogy. They can make some big bucks if the Spiderman movie is a critical success. So far, everybody is raving about it, so I just don't see them going down anytime soon.

I fear for Ghost rider only in that the story and premise can be quite horrific, and Marvel Studios has already said they won't make a rated R movie. Therefore, they might just sell the rights to another studio again only for them to decide to put out another PG-13 garbage with tame villains.

someone prognosticated about them going out of business and people are hoping it happens since Spider-man could go back to Marvel.

It wasn't "someone" it was 24/7 Wall Street a group of reputable US & global equity analysts. Who were right about their number one pick declaring bankruptcy last year (Blockbuster).

Their number one for their 2012 list was Sony Pictures not the entirety of Sony's core business ventures.

Multiple media outlets covered it (Yahoo finance, Huffington Post, Comcast, MSNBC etc.).

It wasn't "someone" it was 24/7 Wall Street a group of reputable US & global equity analysts. Who were right about their number one pick declaring bankruptcy last year (Blockbuster).

Their number one for their 2012 list was Sony Pictures not the entirety of Sony's core business ventures.

Multiple media outlets covered it (Yahoo finance, Huffington Post, Comcast, MSNBC etc.).

I couldn't remember the name so my "someone" shouldn't be looked at a slight against them...and they have been wrong before

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"