The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

You have to be incredibly naive to think Fox will let Fantastic Four go back to Marvel so easily. They kept the license because it has much more potential for international success than Daredevil does at face value.
sure. they know exactly what they're doing.

They must get the rights to the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer back. I mean since they will be expanding things in a cosmic direction it would seem weird not to have Galactus and Surfer around. That and with a new Fantastic Four team it'd be neat to have Cap making guest appearances in their movies somewhere. Plus I'm sure the new Johnny Storm would get some interesting tips from Chris Evans on playing the Human Torch.

I posted this in another thread and realized it fits here even better...

What do you guys think about this scenario?

The only way we get Spider-Man (or X-Men, FF, etc.) in the MCU is if Sony (or Fox for X-Men/FF) realizes that piggy-backing on the success of the MCU only works if your character is introduced into the MCU because people get excited at the possibilities of these characters co-existing on-screen at the same time.

Fox has realized this and that's why they're trying to build their own cinematic universe with X-Men and FF (which will fail miserably because those two franchises don't mix all that well by themselves, and because...well, you know...Fox).

I would imagine that Fox and/or Sony will eventually be willing to make a similar deal that Paramount made with Disney, which is..."Let us distribute the films for our licensed characters and you can produce the movies as you see fit". In this case, the characters are for all intents and purposes back at Marvel, which Fox and Sony still get to rake in plenty of cash from distribution.

^never gonna happen fox is doing just fine with directors like matthew vaughn,bryan singer,james mangold,josh trank working on their super hero films

sure. they know exactly what they're doing.

At this point, with Josh Tranks, Mark Millar, and a solid release date that give them plenty of breathing room, you have to admit that it at least SEEMS like they do.

So anyone know how long the Ghost Rider license is for? GR:SOV made nearly every Top Ten Worst Of 2012 list, so maybe Sony will part ways sooner rather than later?

honestly who cares ghost rider will join punisher in a character MCU wont touch for awhile lol

^never gonna happen fox is doing just fine with directors like matthew vaughn,bryan singer,james mangold,josh trank working on their super hero films
yeah, fox is doing extreeeeeeeemly well making bad to mediocre movies.

At this point, with Josh Tranks, Mark Millar, and a solid release date that give them plenty of breathing room, you have to admit that it at least SEEMS like they do.
you are totally right, of course, it is not impossible that fox actually manages to make that movie.

So anyone know how long the Ghost Rider license is for? GR:SOV made nearly every Top Ten Worst Of 2012 list, so maybe Sony will part ways sooner rather than later?

As long as it made some money, being on a worst of list isn't gonna do much.

yeah, fox is doing extreeeeeeeemly well making bad to mediocre movies.

Fox has gotten very comfortable with putting out average-to-below average films that return $300 - $400 million worldwide on relatively modest budgets for the genre. They will continue to settle for lower profits than they should be earning because they don't understand how to create better films in order to maximize their profits. Fox probably won't ever have a breakout hit from its Marvel hostages franchises, but they will keep making enough money to justify trying again (and again).

GR was no blockbuster and Sony barely got GR 2 through approval. They don't give a crap about the license and will probably let it go back to Marvel. I wouldnt expect news on a possible GR Marvel acquisition for another 4 years given how long it took Sony to confirm a GR sequel.

Fox will never let X-Men go.They certinly won't turn It over to Disney for a small cut of profit.Movies are business.Just turning X-Men over to Disney Is fanboys pipedream.Considering I consider X2 to be best marvel film and prefer First Class and X-Men over all Solo hero films MS had done I am fine with this.Fox Is going to try to
keep Fantastic Four.

If DIsney got FF nothing could be done with It for years.Marvel seems like It can only do things with avengers related projects.They already had plenty of non avengers stuff.They got back Punisher,Blade,and Daredevil.And It will be years before anything will be done with them.Considering I am fan of Wesley snipes as Blade I really don't
want a reboot.When Ghost rider riverts It will be same.Nothing will be done.And did everyone forget Kevin Feige once said Marvel studios wasn't Intrested In R Rated films.
That would mean a watered down Blade.And you can forget about R rated films of
the Punisher and Daredevil.

The only way SOny Is letting go of Spider-Man Is If It goes bankrupted.And why nayone would want another reboot Is beyond me.Because that's exactly what will happen If
Disney got Spider-Man.Another origin film.

Marvel got DD back already, FF will follow in one or two years.
But that's it, unfortunaly. Fox actually manages to get X-Men movies out every two years and Sony makes Spidey movies.
Not much to discuss right now

I hope your right about FF, and since Ghost Rider was so terrible no one remembers a sequel even came out this year. So I doubt Sony will waste anymore time and money on it.

Amazing Spider-man 2 is going to suck and flop with Sony gambling with Jamie Fox's Electro so maybe Marvel we'll see that franchise return sooner than later.

X-men, I'm please to say will never reach Spider-man's box office success much less Avengers.

The Hobbit has made over $200M domestic and $400M overseas in December.
And it's only been 2 weeks.

So if The Wolverine is as lame to mediocre as most FOX/Marvel films are and under performs at the box office while The Hobbit 2 does better than the first, X-men: DOFP won't stand a chance against Hobbit 3 in July 2014.

So there's a lot to be optimistic about.

FF will be made at Fox.It has a release date.SOmething It never had before,and shows they are serious.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 will not flop.I don't like Jamie Fox as electro or anything he said about Electro but ASM2 will likely do 200 Million at least domesticly.

And despite your hopes The Wolverine won't bomb.You should be more worried about GOFTG underperforming with the hobbit and DOFP coming out before It.One studo will likely blink and change release date.

Fox Is never going to let go of X-Men so DIsney won't be adding them to their monopoly anytime soon.

FF will be made at Fox.It has a release date.SOmething It never had before,and shows they are serious.
A reboot of a franchise that is divided by comic book fans on whether FOX should still have it. It's also a franchise that the GA couldn't really care any less about either way.

The only thing FOX is worried about is maintaining the rights to FF. A decent FF film is dead second. But if you're comfortable with that, then that's great for you I guess.
Amazing Spider-Man 2 will not flop.I don't like Jamie Fox as electro or anything he said about Electro but ASM2 will likely do 200 Million at least domesticly.
....What's funny is that you can't even say anything good about this this sequel yet your hoping I'm wrong.

For the record no Spider-man sequel has ever done less than $300M domestically. So settling for a $200M box office with a previous $230M production budget "would" be a flop in Hollywood's eyes. The first Spider-man film made over $800m Worldwide and has been on the decline ever since.

And despite your hopes The Wolverine won't bomb.You should be more worried about GOFTG underperforming with the hobbit and DOFP coming out before It.One studo will likely blink and change release date.

Wow talk about having no straws to grasp at.... Is either of these films worried about Bayformers 4?

The Hobbit 3 at the moment is strictly FOX's problem not Marvel/Disney's. Why would I be worried about the last Marvel/Disney film to release before Avengers 2 that will feature Thanos and a group of "space Avengers" doing badly? I have more faith in GOTG than FOX with that FF reboot.

Make no mistake, the Hobbit 3 could still be #1 that weekend(I'm betting it will) GOTG only needs to do the same numbers that Cap and Thor did to be successful.

FOX has been doing this for 12 years and still can't do Spider-man numbers with it's best Marvel franchise.

Fox Is never going to let go of X-Men so DIsney won't be adding them to their monopoly anytime soon.
Your most likely right but I wont be paying to see an X-men film anytime soon either.

The fact that FOX is making less and less money on these Marvel films is very clear as well. So despite your disdain for progress this thread will continue.

You should be more worried about GOFTG underperforming with the hobbit and DOFP coming out before It.One studo will likely blink and change release date.

Indeed, and that studio will be Fox. They'd have to be stupid to keep DOFP opening the same day as TH:TABA.

....What's funny is that you can't even say anything good about this this sequel yet your hoping I'm wrong.

For the record no Spider-man sequel has ever done less than $300M domestically. So settling for a $200M box office with a previous $230M production budget "would" be a flop in Hollywood's eyes. The first Spider-man film made over $800m Worldwide and has been on the decline ever since.

False. Spider-man 3 made almost 900 million world wide.
And prepare to eat crow when ASM 2 comes out. The first one did much better than most people were expecting, with the final gross being just under what the second movie in the last trilogy made. I'm betting that with a big marketing push and more wriggle room to tell a full story now that the origin is out of the way, it will end up making around 800 million world wide again.
It's not going to "suck"; we have seen nothing to make us think that. The first one was pretty solid, so I don't know what you're basing that off of. And it DEFINITELY won't be a flop.
So as I said, just be prepared to eat crow come 2014.

Indeed, and that studio will be Fox. They'd have to be stupid to keep DOFP opening the same day as TH:TABA.

Talk about getting kick out of your own birthday party if they do....LOL!

But this personal for WB so if FOX does move X-men, The Hobbit 3 may just move right along with it.

Hence the term: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Talk about getting kick out of your own birthday party if they do....LOL!

But this personal for WB so if FOX does move X-men, The Hobbit 3 may just move right along with it.

Hence the term: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"
This reminds me of the time when Paramount thought it would be a great idea to put Star Trek:Nemesis in the ring with LOTR:ROTK...:woot:

I had completely forgotten that DOFP and the third Hobbit movie are scheduled for the same day. Fox had better start blinking like crazy because as it stands their little X-film is going to get flattened by a hobbit and some dwarves. :doh:

If Fox wants to reschedule DOFP, they are going to be squeezed by Transformers on one side and The Hobbit on the other. That's the proverbial rock and a hard place. :eek:

Marvel's strategy of releasing Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy outside the traditional Summer period offers both movies huge advantages. As the schedule stands now, neither one will face major competition. August is wide open after GotG comes out, even though TH: TABA and DOFP will (presumably) be in their third week. Movies tend to slow down by that point, so GotG still has a fair chance of topping the box office when it debuts.

CA:TWS goes up against The Equalizer starring Denzel Washington in its second week, but the market can probably support both. The Denzel film is based on a 1980s TV show that is rather obscure (although I loved it). It should have Punisher levels of violence, which means it won't be targeting that family-friendly superheroic sweet spot that the Marvel films aim for. (I don't think that Rio 2 and Stretch Armstrong are going to be too much of a problem.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"