DEMAND FOX/SONY/NEW LINE revert the comic IP film rights back to MARVEL (Disney)!

Fox is okay just as long as those movies are in development, right?

So do you guys really think FOX will go ahead with their plan to make a reboot off FF & DD, as well as their upcoming slate of X-Men movies/sequel like The Wolverine, a sequel for First Class, and a spinoff of Deadpool? I just can't see FOX make all of these movies, and so far we haven't heard much about the FF & DD reboot.

They genuinely are working on the Daredevil reboot. I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen. Fantastic Four on the other hand.....we haven't heard anything at all on that. Disney has a much more legitimate case with the Fantastic Four than they do with Daredevil if they attempt to scoop up the rights.

They genuinely are working on the Daredevil reboot. I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen. Fantastic Four on the other hand.....we haven't heard anything at all on that. Disney has a much more legitimate case with the Fantastic Four than they do with Daredevil if they attempt to scoop up the rights.

Part of me suspect that FOX isn't going ahead with their FF reboot, and they are secretly negotiating with Disney and Marvel over sending the rights back, albeit with some financial compensation. This may be why Marvel is keeping mum about their 2013 schedule, just in case they may put their own FF reboot on the fast track.

uh they dont need to compensate to get the rights back...they just revert

uh they dont need to compensate to get the rights back...they just revert

I'm saying that FOX may have met with Disney & Marvel and presented them with a proposal where they'll stop with the pre-production of FF and allowing it to lapse, so the rights can revert back to them, if they'd give them some financial incentives to do so. FOX may be hoping that instead of just letting the rights be reverted back quietly, they can get something out of it, seeing how Marvel paid Paramount alot of money to get the Avengers' rights back.

I don't think FF's film rights are worth a piece of used toilet paper. Fox will likely be glad to just get rid of the property; and I'm not even sure that Marvel/Disney would be all that anxious to fastrack a failed franchise back into the mainstream anytime soon.

I'm positive the DD movie is moving forward quickly; and I'm positive that The Wolverine and an XMFC sequel will be here before you know it.

I don't think FF's film rights are worth a piece of used toilet paper. Fox will likely be glad to just get rid of the property; and I'm not even sure that Marvel/Disney would be all that anxious to fastrack a failed franchise back into the mainstream anytime soon.

I'm positive the DD movie is moving forward quickly; and I'm positive that The Wolverine and an XMFC sequel will be here before you know it.

the FF rights may not be worth a piece of used toilet paper, but under Marvel Studios it's a main franchise.

Let's be honest after the Avengers franchise there's no guarantee money making franchises in Marvel. That's why Disney has been slow with putting out Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Ant Man, The Runaways, etc

But Fantastic Four could be a big money maker for Marvel

the FF rights may not be worth a piece of used toilet paper, but under Marvel Studios it's a main franchise.

Let's be honest after the Avengers franchise there's no guarantee money making franchises in Marvel. That's why Disney has been slow with putting out Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Ant Man, The Runaways, etc

But Fantastic Four could be a big money maker for Marvel

And let's not forget that if Marvel has FF, it'll open up many more opportunities for other franchises, since FF has connection with many great characters. FF can be tied to The Inhumans and Sub-Mariner, Dr. Doom can appear as a villain in The Avengers 2, and let's not forget about Silver Surfer and Galactus, both of whom are part of the FF movie rights. There's so much potential there, and it's not hard to see what Marvel can do with them.

Holy crap! I started this 9 years ago.

Reading the previous posts on here from 9 years ago is actually kind of funny considering the developments that have happened over the last few years.

Here’s some of these posts in a nutshell.

“There’s no way Marvel will ever get the rights to “Spider-Man and X-Men!”

Oh has the times changed.

Reading the previous posts on here from 9 years ago is actually kind of funny considering the developments that have happened over the last few years.

Here’s some of these posts in a nutshell.

“There’s no way Marvel will ever get the rights to “Spider-Man and X-Men!”

Oh has the times changed.
Indeed :spidey::ff::cyclops::xmen:

They've also got the bigger names/marketing tools. Spidey? X-Men? Fantastic Four? These are no-brainers....even Ed Wood could turn those into box office gold.

That's why we're not going to see Spider-Man and Wolverine be traded back to Marvel within our lifetime.

This post is funny lol. Looks like Ed wood or whomever wasn’t enough to keep them away

To be fair, Fox in the end isn't giving Marvel back their IPs. Disney bought the entire studio, which is why they're getting them back. So Fox really didn't surrender these rights. They just got out of the movie business as a whole.

This was pretty fun to read. Thanks for bringing it back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"