The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaijunexus

Marvel Cinematic Universe
Reaction score
I know this film has a release date. I know Josh Trank is attached to direct. I know they may be knee-deep in pre-production right now.

But I, and many others, still hold out hope that Fox will fumble the production of this film somehow and will end up letting the rights revert back to Marvel so the First Family of Marvel can finally be included in the MCU.

This is a thread for those that choose to keep hope alive!

Fox isn't going to let the rights go back to Marvel, at least not for a very long time. There is a bigger chance of Spider-Man returning to Marvel after his current trilogy is complete.

I really did think that Fox was going to let the rights lapse and send it back or sell it back to Marvel.

Very surprised that that didn't happen.

We should have called this the Fantastic Forum.

I still have hope is some way somehow Marvel will get the FF rights back...somehow. I for one really thought they were going to get the rights back.

Fox isn't going to let the rights go back to Marvel, at least not for a very long time. There is a bigger chance of Spider-Man returning to Marvel after his current trilogy is complete.

Rofl. Sorry, no. This Foxtastic Four movie won't happen and I can almost guarantee that.

I really did think that Fox was going to let the rights lapse and send it back or sell it back to Marvel.

Very surprised that that didn't happen.

There's still time, and I would be suprised if a deal of some kind isn't made before 2015. Fox asking the general public to support two Marvel super-hero team up films within 56 days is crazy - regardless of quality, the reboot has to be moved. And while the first two films were just modest earners, Marvel needs the FF family of characters to continue the studios success into Phase 3 & 4.

There should be a great deal of incentive for both parties to come to a mutually satisfactory agreement regarding co-financing, rights reversion, merchandising, promotion, etc. I still think it will happen.

Well, that is definitely something that I'm hoping for...I'm not sure that I can trust Fox with this again. I am more than happy to give it a go...but I would much rather it be with Marvel.

It's too late now, but a good release date would've been 4/4/14 which is Cap's release date. Fox wouldn't put it up against that unless they were superconfident. There's no way Fox could be ready for that time next year though.

I'd rather they go back to Marvel though. They seem like they should be a Disney franchise more than the Avengers.

It's kind of a quandary--If the rights stay with Fox, we get a movie in just over two years, but it's a movie that could be awesome but very well could be mediocre. If the rights revert, that means a longer wait until the next FF movie, but it's a movie that will likely be awesome, and will be part of the MCU! So I'm kind of torn.

It's kind of a quandary--If the rights stay with Fox, we get a movie in just over two years, but it's a movie that could be awesome but very well could be mediocre. If the rights revert, that means a longer wait until the next FF movie, but it's a movie that will likely be awesome, and will be part of the MCU! So I'm kind of torn.

So it's a choice between swift, crushing dissapointment...or a long period of sweet anticipation followed by glorious cinematic enjoyment.

For me, the choice is easy...

So it's a choice between swift, crushing dissapointment...or a long period of sweet anticipation followed by glorious cinematic enjoyment.

For me, the choice is easy...

Or a choice between swift crushing disappointment, or long torturous disappointment.

Or a choice between swift crushing disappointment, or long torturous disappointment.

Marvel would NEVER botch a FF film the way Fox has. They've proven their love and respect for these characters (and the fans) over the course of 6 films, and it's obvious that they will continue to do so.

If you honestly feel that Fox could do as good a job (or better) than Marvel Studios with ANY of Marvel's properties, let alone just the FF, then you're letting your impatience for a new FF film cloud your judgement...

Which characters from the FF universe does FOX have the right to use?
I know they have Doom, Galactus, the Silver Surfer, the Super Skrull and the FF. MARVEL has the Inhumans. What other characters might be in an FF movie?

Keep hope alive!

The FF franchise has too many supporting characters that FOX will never utilize or use correctly to justify them holding on to this franchise. I wanted this to revert back to Marvel more than Daredevil.

Plus it would really open the door to a Cosmic Marvel universe that Marvel has proven to have interest in. A Silver Surfer film done by FOX would be extremely limited considering that Thanos is one of his greatest foes. Hell, other than earth and Zenn- La 90% of the worlds he'd encounter would be made up.

As for the director, it just frustrates me that with all the tittles that Trank has been rumored to be in talks with, he'd settle for this one under the circumstances. Mind you I have nothing against Trank. I liked Chronicle and wouldn't mind Trank coming aboard if Marvel was to regain the rights. It just frustrates me that with all the tittles to films that Trank has been rumored to be in talks with, he'd settle for this one under the circumstances.

Not that this would stop FOX if they are hell bent on retaining this franchise. And with the deadline being so close it sounds like that's what they might be doing if only to be d!*ks about the situation.

I don't see this reboot bringing in a lot of money for them in March of 2015 either way.

Marvel would NEVER botch a FF film the way Fox has. They've proven their love and respect for these characters (and the fans) over the course of 6 films, and it's obvious that they will continue to do so.

If you honestly feel that Fox could do as good a job (or better) than Marvel Studios with ANY of Marvel's properties, let alone just the FF, then you're letting your impatience for a new FF film cloud your judgement...

It's true. You are right. That being said, Fox has a couple things going for them.

They know how NOT to do a FF movie. As they have already done it twice. They did, after all, choose to do a reboot and not a sequel.

And apparently, they are looking to make an exploratory fantasy rather than try competing with the two other superhero team-ups released that summer for universal salvation.

While these things don't guarantee a good movie, at least they do not guarantee another let down. We'll have to wait and see.

Now that Avengers made 1.5 BILLION and is the third highest grossing movie of all time Fox realizes any major superhero team is a potential goldmine.

So they will hold on tight to the rights. The only way they'll let go is if their Fantastic Four reboot bombs and it won't bomb because Fox is taking the production seriously this time.

I would love if the Fantastic Four universe could merge with Avengers back at Disney but it seems unlikely.

Iron man 2, Thor, and The Incredible Hulk disagree. Of course, that's my own personal opinion, but I don't like any of those movies.

Why can't they? :huh:

Anyone know when the rights expire at Fox?
No one knows for sure but with the speed they rushed this movie into production one would guess soon.
Probably (and hopefully) soon enough that any form of halt to the production could mean the end of this reign of horror

So they will hold on tight to the rights. The only way they'll let go is if their Fantastic Four reboot bombs and it won't bomb because Fox is taking the production seriously this time.

A huge problem for the reboot is that there is just 56 days separating the FF and Avengers 2 release dates. 56 days! The Avengers sequel hype, bolsted by 4 additional films, will be in full swing after January 1st. Disney/Marvel can spend freely on advertising, knowing that the money fountain will be flowing in May. And stores will be stuffed with Avengers 2 merchandise from Black Friday onward. Fox can't spend nearly as much on advertising for the risky FF reboot and Disney/Marvel will likely keep stores free of any associated FF merchandise - no Thing hands or stretchable Mr. Fantastics this time around.

Additionally, it will be a struggle for many of us with a girlfriend/ boyfriend/spouse/life partner that does not post on Superherohype to see two Marvel superhero team films in less than two months time. With children, work schedules and other commitments, one of the two will likely be seen for the first time as a rental or On-Demand. And it won't be the Avengers sequel.

This movie isn't being rushed in any possible way. That's a reach if I ever saw one.

The films been in development since 2010/11. It's 2013 and the film comes out in 2+ years.

How is that rushed? :huh:

Anyone know when the rights expire at Fox?
The way the deals are set up, a studio like Fox owns the rights to its Marvel characters in perpetuity as long as it is in production of a movie associated with said characters within a certain time limit. Once you go over that time limit, the rights revert back to Marvel. As I understand it, Fox is able to "buy time" and push this deadline back by paying Marvel a certain amount of money. They reportedly did this with the Daredevil properties for a while until they apparently just let the rights revert. As for Fantastic Four, I imagine that their time limit is some time in 2014, which seems to be when they are planning to start production.

Iron man 2, Thor, and The Incredible Hulk disagree. Of course, that's my own personal opinion, but I don't like any of those movies.

Why can't they? :huh:

Don't try talking logic to them.If you don't think every marvel studios film Isn't gold then your oporion doesn't count or your a fox plant on this board.

Avatar.X-Men First Class.Rise of the planet of the apes.Prometheus.They would all like to challenge fox can't make good movies.

With Tom rothman gone we are even getting a R rated Die Hard film again.

As fan of 616 universe I don't think they proved their love and respect to characters I knew and that are In my comic book collection.They proved they loved the Ultimates and other ultimate titles.Funny how Mark Millar who helped bring to life the marvel world Is now being attacked.Since without him
there would be no MS films.

At this stage in the game, it is pretty silly to hang our hats on ANYTHING that is being said. The last time around, at this point we were all looking at the France Script, which ended up not be used in any form. The producer changed about 3 times before the actual producers were set. Much changed in the year and half before filming began. We have awhile to go yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"