• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This movie isn't being rushed in any possible way. That's a reach if I ever saw one.

The films been in development since 2010/11. It's 2013 and the film comes out in 2+ years.

How is that rushed? :huh:

A FF movie has been in development (hell) for yearts. THIS movie was annoznced right in time to keep the rights.
Do you honestly believe those two are the same movie? Don't you know Fox?

A FF movie has been in development (hell) for yearts. THIS movie was annoznced right in time to keep the rights.
Do you honestly believe those two are the same movie? Don't you know Fox?

:huh:

So now you're ignoring facts and making your own assumptions and claiming them as fact?

Trank signed on quite a while ago, and he has more than enough time to make a great film. There's nothing rushed about this film AT ALL.

So now you're ignoring facts and making your own assumptions and claiming them as fact?

Trank signed on quite a while ago, and he has more than enough time to make a great film. There's nothing rushed about this film AT ALL.

Honestly, if you feel better believing what you wrote, please go on and believe it.
Just ignore that this is the studio that brought us Elektra, both FF movies, X3, XO:W and XFC and that we know how they operate by now.

X-Men first Class Isn't In the same league as Elektra,Past FF films,The Last Stand,and Orgins.

They have been working on script for awhile and Josh Tank has been working on It for some time now.He's been on film since spring 2012.

Yes, and its because of those films schedules (except for XMO:W, that film had more than enough time to get made) why you can CLEARLY see that The Wolverine wasn't rushed, and DoFP and FF are not being rushed either.

If the FF schedule seems rushed to you, then that means every film made in Hollywood is also rushed. 3 years to make a movie is no where near close to being rushed.

There's nothing rushed about this film AT ALL.

In terms of the filming schedule, no. But why is the production being ramped up at this time, as opposed to three or four years ago? Fox will have put out four X-Men films in the period between the horrible original FF duology and the reboot. It is reasonable to suggest that Fox has little faith in this project, hence the ridiculous release date 56 days before Avengers 2. And that the recent media buzz regarding the FF reboot is to either get Disney to buy the FF rights back or, failing that, put out a film solely designed to allow them to continue to play keep-away with the character rights.

X-Men first Class Isn't In the same league as Elektra,Past FF films,The Last Stand,and Orgins.

They have been working on script for awhile and Josh Tank has been working on It for some time now.He's been on film since spring 2012.
Yeah, so we have Trank who will have been with the film for over a year before they begin shooting, then they'll have just under two years to shoot the film and begin post production. Yeah, that's so rushed. :huh:

I guess Guardians of the Galaxy is also being rushed because they have/had even less time. :huh:

Josh Tank Is getting more time than Matthew vaughn had with First Class.And most think
First Class turned out pretty well.

Tom rothman Is gone.Your blaming the present people at Fox for things they had nothing to do with.That Is like trying to blame the present DIsney regime for Michael Eisner trying to bury farhehedht 911 or the present WB regime for Batman and Robin.

In terms of the filming schedule, no. But why is the production being ramped up at this time, as opposed to three or four years ago? Fox will have put out four X-Men films in the period between the horrible original FF duology and the reboot. It is reasonable to suggest that Fox has little faith in this project, hence the ridiculous release date 56 days before Avengers 2. And that the recent media buzz regarding the FF reboot is to either get Disney to buy the FF rights back or, failing that, put out a film solely designed to allow them to continue to play keep-away with the character rights.
What does any of that have to do with anything? It seems people are so desperate for Marvel to get the rights back that they are also desperate to see things that just aren't there.

Typical Fox would have announced the films director and release date with only a year (or less!) to get everything done. Not nearly 3.

What does any of that have to do with anything? It seems people are so desperate for Marvel to get the rights back that they are also desperate to see things that just aren't there.

While I believe the FF characters are a poor fit for the current Fox X-Men universe and would fit wonderfully in the MCU, I am in no way "desperate for Marvel to get the rights back". I blame Disney as much if not more than Fox for not cutting a deal. What Fox is doing simply makes good business sense. I just don't see how a FF film released 56 days before Avengers 2 and likely receiving zero merchandising support from Disney/Marvel can be expected to succeed.

While I believe the FF characters are a poor fit for the current Fox X-Men universe and would fit wonderfully in the MCU, I am in no way "desperate for Marvel to get the rights back". I blame Disney as much if not more than Fox for not cutting a deal. What Fox is doing simply makes good business sense. I just don't see how a FF film released 56 days before Avengers 2 and likely receiving zero merchandising support from Disney/Marvel can be expected to succeed.

I'm glad to see and understand your perspective, but I don't understand why you don't see why any comic book film outside of Marvel/Disney should succeed. Especially if (emphasis on if) it is made correctly.

Last edited:
So they will hold on tight to the rights. The only way they'll let go is if their Fantastic Four reboot bombs and it won't bomb because Fox is taking the production seriously this time.
FOX can't even do Spider-man numbers let alone dream of doing what Marvel has.

Plus there's too many "Fanboys" as the FOX lovers like to calls us that are against this film being rebooted by FOX.

The GA couldn't care less about Fantastic Four for the most part. And with the fandom so divided at this point, the best that FOX can hope for is to break even.

Disney will be doing the same with X-Men.They will be virtual nothing In merchandase for Days of future past just like they did with First Class.

The Idea that a comic book film coming out In march can't succede because of another Is coming out In May Is crazy.The Amazing SPider-Man and The Dark Knight rises did very well coming 2 months after the Avengers.

Fox was never going to just turn over FF or X-Men to Disney or just turn over them for a small perchanage like Paramount did for Iron Man 3 and Avengers.Fox would never take a pripority and let another studio make all the money from It.Disney buying Lucasfilm Is like a finger to them,and reminds them the 1970's fox regime was crazy to allow George Lucas sequel and Merchandazing rights.The only deal that would be worth to fox would be to have both studios split costs and share distribution.Disney Isn't much
for wanting to do that any more than Fox.The chances of a deal would be better If Marvel studios was still an Independent company.But,they are part of Disney now.

I'm glad to see and understand your perspective, but I don't understand why you don't see why any coming book film outside of Marvel/Disney should succeed. Especially if (emphasis on if) it is made correctly.

To be clear, my belief that the FF reboot is being set up to fail does not extend to Fox's upcoming X-Men offerings. The Wolverine looks to be a smart correction from its overstuffed predecessor and Days of Future Past looks to be a big hit. With two very good films (X-Men, XMFC), one excellent film (X-2) and two entertaining but disappointing messes (XMOW, X-3), I think Fox (and Singer) has a good batting average with their X films, despite the series continuity issues.

Disney will be doing the same with X-Men.They will be virtual nothing In merchandase for Days of future past just like they did with First Class.

And despite rave reviews, First Class underperformed, especially in comparison to Thor and Captain America.

The Idea that a comic book film coming out In march can't succede because of another Is coming out In May Is crazy.The Amazing SPider-Man and The Dark Knight rises did very well coming 2 months after the Avengers.

Spider-man and Batman are the two most popular superheroes and over 11 films have a 100% box office success rate. The Avengers had years of hype and 5 (mostly) successful predecessor films. And since all three are very different in both style and tone, I am not surprised that the films were big hits. The FF and the Avengers are way to similar to be released that close together without one wildly underperforming (Hint - it's not the Avengers)

Fox was never going to just turn over FF or X-Men to Disney or just turn over them for a small perchanage like Paramount did for Iron Man 3 and Avengers.Fox would never take a pripority and let another studio make all the money from It.Disney buying Lucasfilm Is like a finger to them,and reminds them the 1970's fox regime was crazy to allow George Lucas sequel and Merchandazing rights.The only deal that would be worth to fox would be to have both studios split costs and share distribution.Disney Isn't much
for wanting to do that any more than Fox.The chances of a deal would be better If Marvel studios was still an Independent company.But,they are part of Disney now.

According to some reports, Paramount realized hundreds of millions of dollars by selling the distribution rights off to Disney/Marvel. That ain't bad. And since Disney and Fox have to negotiate regarding future Star Wars blu-ray releases, it would make sense for them to reach an agreement on something relatively small, like the FF.

To me those are two different arguments...

The main argument here is....is 3 years rushing a movie, and the obvious answer is no.

NOW, will Fox make a good FF movie, well history tells us it could possibly be mediocre at first viewing and gone from memory extremely fast....

But those two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

If we hear nothing at all substantial before say December 2013, as in casting, script specifics, etc... then you can start talking about a rushed movie. Until then, that really isn't a problem...there are far more things we could discuss as problems.

I think the timing issue is geared around how long they've been sitting on this franchise then deciding to release a reboot just before the deadline hits. This just pisses off MCU fans who want the rights returned even more. (I sure am annoyed)

From a quality perspective I feel like no matter how good a FF film FOX could make Marvel/Disney surpass it.

Plus like I said before the GA doesn't really care that much about FF, but have Marvel do it and throw in Ironman, Cap or Hulk cameo welcoming them into the MCU and their box office will match at least what Cap and Thor's did.

Zarex was right about the negative press around this reboot. If the budget is over 100m I doubt it will make that back domestically.

It's been 10 years since the last DD movie, and the rights only just allegedly went back to Marvel.

So what makes you think the rights to Fantastic Four are expiring any time soon? The last film was only 6 years ago...

It's been 10 years since the last DD movie, and the rights only just allegedly went back to Marvel.

So what makes you think the rights to Fantastic Four are expiring any time soon? The last film was only 6 years ago...

Elektra extended it, and it went back last year, (not this year in 2013) which was 7 years from 2005.

Well I'd like to see it happen, but it looks like Fox is putting their new FF movie forward. It can't really be stopped now unless it falls apart I suppose.

I don't care for an FF film whether it's by FOX or Disney but if and when the rights revert back to Marvel I would prefer seeing the FF as a cameo in an Avengers movie.

It's true. You are right. That being said, Fox has a couple things going for them.

They know how NOT to do a FF movie. As they have already done it twice. They did, after all, choose to do a reboot and not a sequel.

And apparently, they are looking to make an exploratory fantasy rather than try competing with the two other superhero team-ups released that summer for universal salvation.

While these things don't guarantee a good movie, at least they do not guarantee another let down. We'll have to wait and see.

Id like to expand upon my point and note another pro. Since 2007 theres been a good half dozen solid superhero flicks. Not to mention breakthroughs in cgi/mocap (amazing spider-man, mcu hulk/iron man), complex plots and character development (nolans batman, mcu in general) and successful superhero teamups (avengers obviously but also x:fc and watchmen). IF fox can observe and adapt theres no reason they cant make this a decent film.

At that, i wouldnt ever need more than a F4 mention in the mcu. My headcon can do the rest.

There's still time, and I would be suprised if a deal of some kind isn't made before 2015. Fox asking the general public to support two Marvel super-hero team up films within 56 days is crazy - regardless of quality, the reboot has to be moved. And while the first two films were just modest earners, Marvel needs the FF family of characters to continue the studios success into Phase 3 & 4.

I disagree. Marvel just put out an Avengers movie that took in over a billion dollars in revenue without the FF anywhere near it.

They don't need the FF to carry on with their current plans.

I disagree. Marvel just put out an Avengers movie that took in over a billion dollars in revenue without the FF anywhere near it.

They don't need the FF to carry on with their current plans.

Need is too strong a word. But as with investing, the past successes of the MCU does not guarantee that the good times will continue. The MCU is riding high now, but future franchises like GOTG and Ant Man could underperform in comparison to their Phase 1 counterparts. I would suspect Disney/Marvel would welcome a solid if unspectacular franchise like the FF.

And just think of the on-screen battles that the FF rights reversion would open up - Thing vs. Hulk, Surfer vs. Thor, Dr. Doom vs the Avengers, Galactus vs. everybody. You would open up a whole new world of stories for Feige & company to explore, so hopefully Fox & Disney/Marvel will realize both companies will be better off working together than as adversaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"