Evolution of Marvel Studios logo on beginning of films and disc packaging

See Cap Run

Civilian
Reaction score
In 2008, we had the first Marvel Studios logo playing before Iron Man. That logo would go on to be used both at start of films and on disc art all the way through CA:TFA. Then for both The Avengers and Iron Man 3, they just put Marvel (not Marvel Studios) in front of the movies and on disc art.

Starting with Thor:TDW through Captain America: Civil War the Marvel Studios logo was brought back new and improved at the start of the films, but only the Marvel logo, (not Marvel Studios) was used on the disc art. Now there's a new Marvel Studios logo which will be used on Doctor Strange for the first time.

So I think this raises a few talking points such as:

1. Which is your favorite logo so far and why?

2. Why did Marvel put just "Marvel" and not "Marvel Studios" at start of The Avengers and Iron Man 3? [Both speculation and confirmed info welcome]

3. Why did Marvel stop putting "Marvel Studios" logo on box and disc art on all Marvel Studios films starting with The Avengers?

4. Which is your least favorite Marvel Studios logo and why?

My favorite Marvel Studios logo so far is the latest one that'll be used in front of Doctor Strange: I love the new epic music, the images from the films used in the logo and I think it just looks epic in general.

My least favorite, (although I still like it) is the one used in front of Iron Man-CA:TFA as apart from the Studios part, it looks too similar to the Marvel logo used in the non-MCU films.

Good thread idea.
Honestly as much as I love the newest ones with the music, my favorite is probably the original one where "studios" drops out from the line under Marvel. I vividly remember seeing this for the first time in theaters at the premiere of Iron Man and freaking out. I loved the idea of Marvel making their own movies, so seeing that logo change really struck me.

Good thread idea.
Honestly as much as I love the newest ones with the music, my favorite is probably the original one where "studios" drops out from the line under Marvel. I vividly remember seeing this for the first time in theaters at the premiere of Iron Man and freaking out. I loved the idea of Marvel making their own movies, so seeing that logo change really struck me.

Thanks! I too love the fact that a major comic book publisher actually has its own studio and is making its own movies.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the new logo. A small fanfare of all the characters from the movies. It looks so damn good. Just a bit salty Spidey didn't make it in.

The "Studios" in the new logo looks quite big especially when its above the logos for their upcoming Phase 3 films. I thought they would have used the one that debuted with Thor 2, for years.

The "Studios" in the new logo looks quite big especially when its above the logos for their upcoming Phase 3 films. I thought they would have used the one that debuted with Thor 2, for years.

Until you mentioned that, it hadn't clicked in my mind that Marvel Studios had gone back to putting "Marvel Studios" instead of just "Marvel" on their promos and posters, which they haven't done since the first Thor movie. Hopefully this means they'll also start putting "Marvel Studios" on their disc/packaging art again starting with the Doctor Strange dvd/blu ray instead of just the Marvel logo.

So, who would prefer that they just keep putting "Marvel" on their posters and disc packaging and who would prefer "Marvel Studios"?

Regarding introducing a new Marvel Studios logo at the beginning of their films, I don't know if they'll keep this pattern with Phase 4, but so far it's been the 2nd film of Phase 2 and Phase 3 (Doctor Strange) in which a new Marvel Studios logo has/will be introduced.

Last edited:
I like the new logo and intro, but I really wish they utilized the one from Phase 2 more. I think it only appeared in Thor: TDW, TWS, and GOTG.

I like the new logo and intro, but I really wish they utilized the one from Phase 2 more. I think it only appeared in Thor: TDW, TWS, and GOTG.

That was also a very good logo: it was also used for Avengers: AOU, Ant-Man and Captain America: Civil War.

The momentous symbol of "Marvel Studios-without-the-comics". Quite an exciting time.

The momentous symbol of "Marvel Studios-without-the-comics". Quite an exciting time.

tumblr_nesxmkxM4v1ttma2yo1_250.gif

I like the new logo animation, but preferred the Bryan Tyler music of the last one.

That was also a very good logo: it was also used for Avengers: AOU, Ant-Man and Captain America: Civil War.

The logo was used, yes, but I was also talking about the musical cue that went with it:

[YT]XmBj5D4Ruvc[/YT]

They replaced that fanfare for AOU, Ant-Man and Civil War.

The logo was used, yes, but I was also talking about the musical cue that went with it:

[YT]XmBj5D4Ruvc[/YT]

They replaced that fanfare for AOU, Ant-Man and Civil War.

I gotcha now. Yeah, the Brian Tyler music for the old logo was quite epic. I think it was best used in front of Guardians of the Galaxy: it was great how the music and sound effects from the first scene where Peter was abducted flowed into the start of the logo music. I also noticed they added a mechanical sound when "Studios" came on screen.

I liked the one used for Phase II the best. The new one is too busy for my taste.

1. Which is your favorite logo so far and why?

The newest one, because it'll get people asking why there are different logos, which will get them to realize that X-Men aren't currently part of the MCU, and that, in turn, could very well lead to a complete Marvel Cinematic Universe!

I really love the logo's evolution. I mean ever since 2013, Marvel has cemented in my mind as the studio with the best ever logo ident before their movies. The one they've been using up until now really struck with me as it celebrated the comics while showing how it's Marvel Studios. Especially Brian Tyler's score. It felt very Marvel-y to me and I really felt it had a place in my heart as a Marvel fan.

But.... THE New Marvel Studios Logo Ident is just on a whole 'nother level! There is just so many things to love about it, I can't count.

from the shield files that pop up in it, to the comic panels transistioning into the MCU Concept art of famous Marvel Superheroes we know and love all the way to the part where it begins to transition into the Marvel Studios Logo and shows various movie moments in the MCU with that Incredible sweeping score from Michael Giacchino that just makes you feel warm in your heart as a Marvel fan to have this amazing comic-accurate cinematic Universe.

Man. I have to say the newest logo ident is my favorite. It tells a story of how Marvel Studios' Cinematic Universe takes famous marvel comics stories and makes them more timeless than the comic panels they are in, say for example Captain America : The Winter soldier and Civil War, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, and Maybe even Spider-Man!

Even all the little quirks that tells you that this is truly Marvel in Film form, It warms my heart and is so good that all it needs is to be updated with newer stories and characters being represented in the ident every few years. Namely Spider-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"