Jesse Eisenberg Taking Now You See Me?

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66886
Source: Variety
June 8, 2010

Summit Entertainment has picked up bank heist project Now You See Me from Boaz Yakin and Edward Ricourt, reports Variety. The film is set up with Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci at their Kurtzman Orci Paper Products.

The trade says that the movie "pits a crack FBI squad in a game of cat and mouse against a team of the world's greatest illusionists, who pull off a series of daring bank heists during their performances, showering the profits on their audiences."

Yakin will executive produce along with Kurtzman Orci Paper Products' Bobby Cohen.

I love a heist movie and this one has a pretty cool concept, hopefully some top talent gets attached.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74351

Source: The Playlist
February 18, 2011

Louis Leterrier (Clash of the Titans, The Incredible Hulk) will next direct Summit's crime-thriller Now You See Me, the filmmaker tells The Playlist.

Written by Boaz Yakin and Edward Ricourt, the film is described as a thriller that pits a crack FBI squad in a game of cat-and-mouse against a super-team of the world's greatest illusionists, who pull off a series of daring bank heists during their performances, showering the profits on their audiences while staying one step ahead of the law.

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are producing, while Yakin and Bobby Cohen will executive produce.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78500
June 8, 2011

now-you-see-me-cast.jpg

Jesse Eisenberg looks likely to headline Louis Leterrier's Now You See Me. Variety has the news, suggesting that Jake Gyllenhaal is in early talks to appear as well.

Now You See Me pits a crack FBI squad in a game of cat and mouse against a super-team of the world's greatest illusionists, who pull off a series of daring bank heists during their performances, showering the profits on their audiences while staying one step ahead of the law.

The film, written by Boaz Yakin and Edward Ricourt, will be produced by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci via their Kurtzman Orci Paper Products production banner. Yakin will executive produce along with Kurtzman Orci Paper Products' Bobby Cohen.

Eisenberg recently offered his voice talent to Rio and will next appear on-screen in 30 Minutes or Less. Gyllenhaal just headlined Duncan Jones' Source Code.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=80739
August 4, 2011

Mark Ruffalo and Amanda Seyfried looks likely to join the cast of Louis Leterrier's Now You See Me, Variety reports.

Already set to star Jesse Eisenberg and Melanie Laurent, Now You See Me pits a crack FBI squad in a game of cat and mouse against a super-team of the world's greatest illusionists, who pull off a series of daring bank heists during their performances, showering the profits on their audiences while staying one step ahead of the law.

Ruffalo will play the head FBI Agent with Seyfried an expert at building the criminal team's "magical" devices.

The film, written by Boaz Yakin and Edward Ricourt, will be produced by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci via their Kurtzman Orci Paper Products production banner. Yakin will executive produce along with Kurtzman Orci Paper Products' Bobby Cohen.

Now that Ruffalo seems to be coming on board I think the heist team needs a leader to be cast of equal acting level and closer in age, I really hope Eisenberg is not the lead of the magician heist team.

Amanda and Melanie? I don't even care what the movie is about.

Ruffalo and Seyfried are great additions to an already promising cast.

Leader... close to Mark Ruffalo's age who could be a kick ass magician?

The one, the only... ROBERT DOWNEY JR.!

Seriously, even though they'll be in the Avengers - RDJ just seems like he'd be an awesome magician.

^ Good idea. Magicians are incredibly charismatic. Remind you of anyone?

I thought Gyllenhaal was the leader on the magicians' side?

Wow what a cast. Laurent and Eisenberg will be interesting to see together.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=80961

Morgan Freeman to Play Ex-Magician in Now You See Me

August 10, 2011

Morgan Freeman (upcoming The Dark Knight Rises) is in talks to join Jesse Eisenberg, Melanie Laurent, Mark Ruffalo and Amanda Seyfried in Summit Entertainment's Now You See Me.

To be directed by Louis Leterrier (Clash of the Titans, The Incredible Hulk, the thriller pits a crack FBI squad in a game of cat-and-mouse against a super-team of the world's greatest illusionists, who pull off a series of daring bank heists during their performances, showering the profits on their audiences while staying one step ahead of the law.

The trade says that Freeman will play Thaddeus, an ex-magician who has made a career out of exposing other magicians' illusions, making him a despised figure within the magic community.

Ruffalo will play the main FBI agent, while Eisenberg is set to play an arrogant but brilliant magician who's the leader of the Four Horsemen. Seyfried and Laurent co-star on opposing sides of the law.

Boaz Yakin and Edward Ricourt wrote the film, to be produced by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. Yakin will executive produce along with Bobby Cohen.

Freeman and Caine reunion. :D

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/michael_caine_joins_louis_leterriers_now_you_see_me/

Michael Caine Joins Louis Leterrier’s ‘Now You See Me’

It seems with each passing day, Louis Leterrier keeps raising the stakes on his high concept heist flick “Now You See Me.” With a cast that already includes Mark Ruffalo, Jesse Eisenberg, Morgan Freeman, Isla Fisher, Melanie Laurent, Woody Harrelson and Dave Franco, it’s now getting a dose of English class.

We’ve confirmed the report from Moviehole that Michael Caine is joining the film. Penned by Boaz Yakin (”Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time,” “Fresh”) and newcomer Edward Ricourt, the story follows a crack FBI squad in a game of cat-and-mouse against a super team of the world’s greatest illusionists, who pull off a series of daring bank heists during their performances and shower the profits onto their audiences. We’ve learned that Caine will play the role of Arthur Tressler, the magicians’ sponsor.

There are still more bits and pieces to come on the film so stay tuned. But its certainly gearing up to be one of the more intriguing projects on the horizon. “Now You See Me” will hit theaters on January 18, 2013.

Leterrier's going all out on this one. The script must be really good.

That is quite a squad of actors. Good stuff.

Promo poster and synopsis:

The Four Horsemen, a magic super-group led by the charismatic ATLAS (Jesse Eisenberg), perform a pair of high-tech magic shows, first astonishing audiences by robbing a bank on another continent, and then exposing a white-collar criminal and funneling his millions into the audience members’ bank accounts.

FBI Special Agent DYLAN (Mark Ruffalo) is determined to make the magicians pay for their crimes—and to stop them before they pull off what promises to be an even more audacious heist. But he’s forced to partner with ALMA (Melanie Laurent), an Interpol detective about whom he is instantly suspicious. Out of desperation he turns to THADDEUS (Morgan Freeman), a famed magic debunker, who claims the bank heist was accomplished using disguises and video trickery. One thing Dylan and Alma agree on is that the Horsemen must have an outside point person, and that finding him (or her) is key to ending the magicians’ crime spree. Could it be Thaddeus? Or Alma? Or could it really be…magic?

As pressure mounts and the world awaits the Horsemen’s spectacular final trick, Dylan and Alma race to find an answer. But it soon becomes painfully clear that staying one step ahead of these masters of illusion is beyond the skills of any one man—or woman.

http://collider.com/now-you-see-me-synopsis-poster/124510/

More information on the movie.

Michael Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg) is the leader of the Four Horsemen, a group of illusionists performing in Las Vegas. In one of their acts, they "magically" rob a bank in France and give the money to the audience. Among them is Atlas' ex-mentor, Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman), famous for exposing other magicians and their tricks. The Four Horsemen claim that they expose white-collar criminals and give their money to people who deserve it.

FBI agent Dylan Hobbes (Mark Ruffalo) discovers that the Horsemen really robbed the bank and is ordered to capture them alongside Interpol agent Alma Vargas (Mélanie Laurent). Thaddeus offers to help the FBI, but they refuse. However, after the Four Horsemen announce that they'll perform two more acts in the following 10 days, Thaddeus is brought back, and quickly deduces they robbed the bank two weeks before, and tricked the audience into believing they did it from their stage in Las Vegas.

Shortly thereafter, in New York City, The Four Horsemen expose their manager, Arthur Tressler (Michael Caine), as a criminal and transfer all of his money to the bank accounts of the audience before escaping to Los Angeles. Hobbes deduces that there's a Fifth Horseman that is helping the Four Horsemen infiltrated in their team. He's right, and only Atlas knows this person's identity.

Hobbes and Vargas soon discover that Tressler had an account at the bank the Four Horsemen robbed. Investigating, they discover that he deposited a box containing the blueprints of the building of the Federal Reserve Printing House, the Four Horsemen's last target, and must race against time before they steal all the money therein for their "final act".

And here's the twist ending, though I don't know if it'll be like this in the movie.

The FBI fails to prevent the Four Horsemen and a dejected Thaddeus returns home to find part of the money in his basement. The FBI raids his house and arrests him as the Fifth Horseman, although he claims that he's innocent.

In prison, he's visited by Hobbes, who reveals himself to be the Fifth Horseman. Hobbes is actually a member of a secret society that protects the secrets of magicians for centuries, and framed Thaddeus in order to punish them for profiting from exposing their secrets.

Exclusive: The Chemical Brothers To Score Louis Leterrier's 'Now You See Me'

2011 seemed to be a banner year for electro-driven scores, with folks like Trent Reznor ("The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"), Cliff Martinez ("Drive" and "Contagion"), Basement Jaxx ("Attack The Block") and Mr. Oizo ("Rubber") all delivering solid work. But perhaps the most memorable of them all was The Chemical Brothers score for Joe Wright's assassin tale "Hanna." Well, the good news is the duo are back to deliver some serious beats for another promising project. Sources close to the film have confirmed with The Playlist that The Chemical Brothers will score Louis Leterrier's upcoming high concept heist picture, "Now You See Me." The film, which is currently in front of cameras, features a promising ensemble -- Mark Ruffalo, Jesse Eisenberg, Morgan Freeman, Isla Fisher, Melanie Laurent, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco and Common -- in the story about an FBI squad caught up in a game of cat-and-mouse against a team of the world’s greatest illusionists, who pull off a series of daring bank heists during their performances and shower the profits onto their audiences.
Leterrier has always displayed a keen ear toward the music on his films, working previously with Massive Attack on "Danny The Dog" (RZA did the music for the U.S. version, "Unleashed"). And at one time, Matt Bellamy from Muse was lined up to do some work on "Clash Of The Titans," though scheduling prevented him for working on the film (Neil Davidge from Massive Attack stepped in to write some addtional music for the movie). But The Chemical Brothers pairing up with Leterrier marks one of his most interesting collaborations yet and we can't wait to hear the results.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...hers-to-score-louis-leterriers-now-you-see-me

Dammit. At this rate, in 2012 I will be spending more on movies than on food. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"