JJ Abrams leading the DCEU

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Well just from articles I have read recently that DC apparently wants JJ Abrams as a director and that they are even giving him his choice of projects...either Superman, Green Lantern or even a JL reboot

Apparently I read an article about a Justice League reboot and that if it happens Pattinson will end up playing Bruce/Batman in a JL reboot so that being said...if this JL reboot happens I hope JJ Abrams is directing it

thats awesome!! i also heard that warner brothers was looking at james gunn as for justice league reboot!! i can image JJ Abrams justice league reboot!! both are awesome director's!

Who would be in your ideal Justice League as far as members go for this reboot

I feel like Abramas could do good things, but im honestly not sure at this point.
I dont have the highest trust in WB and they are the ones with the money and the license to the DC universe.

I dont see a big plan or a line to walk across...its all more like throwing stuff at the wall and hoping that it sticks.
I need a clearer vision where and how this all continues.

Abrams reworking Superman with Cavill would be pretty sweet just thinking about it.
But im just careful at the moment, i want to take one step after another slowly until i see that WB has understood where to go.

Who would be in your ideal Justice League as far as members go for this reboot
It really would depend on whether they're going for an established Justice League, or a rebirth of it. Needless to say, the obvious candidates:
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash
These four should definitely feature, then you've got the likes of the Green Lanterns, Aquaman, Hawkgirl (depending on her origin), the Martian Manhunter and Cyborg. The four bulleted are all, for lack of a better word, grounded; they're not deep in the ocean, and they're not easily flying around in space.

If a new Justice League were to be created, then you wouldn't specifically need to introduce everyone straight away (but then at the same time, I think Snyder's JL could've done with Hal Jordan as his exclusion was sorely noticeable). If they go the route of an established league, then they kinda need to throw at least seven strong characters into the mix; a Green Lantern, Aquaman and Hawkgirl being among the seven in my opinion. Hawkgirl aids to balance out the otherwise male dominated team, and I personally would prefer the Lantern of choice to be Jessica. Thus...
  • Bruce Wayne Batman
  • Clark Kent Superman
  • Diana Prince Wonder Woman
  • Barry Allen Flash
  • Jessica Cruz Green Lantern
  • Kendra Saunders Hawkgirl
  • Arthur Curry Aquaman
I'm perfectly happy for Gal and Jason to reprise their roles. Recast everyone else.

My lineup for a reestablished JL

Bruce Wayne/Batman
Clark Kent/Superman
Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
Barry Allen/Flash
John Stewart/Green Lantern
Arthur Curry/Aquaman
Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
Martian Manhunter

Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
My only concern regarding a Green Arrow portrayal in a newly established Justice League is how he may unintentionally mimic both the Green Arrow of the CW, and the Hawkeye of the MCU. Sort of (maybe) comic relief (the comic book equivalent is quite the joker by all accounts) I don't see a whole lot he'd add to an otherwise intelligent and powered team.

If they're going to ever introduce the character into the DCEU, I think I'd rather it be a feature with him and the Black Canary; it would (or could?) serve as the first husband/wife big budget team-up?

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Hawkgirl
Aquaman
Shazam (maybe, the movie wasn’t very good and neither was Levi)

Or another line up I would go with:

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Shazam
Green Arrow
Black Canary

I completely forgot about Shazam. I thought Levi did a sound job, though with the Shazam family dynamic, I’m not sure how well that would transition with the other league members and their respective powers.

JJ Abrams is the "franchise whisperer."

Give him Superman.
There's an argument Justice League is the more pressing IP to really nail the next time. This whole shared universe hinges on that as the end goal. They can't mess it up twice.

If they nail Superman they'll nail the Justice League. If they nail the Justice League they'll nail Superman.

It's only a matter of time before they jump back on the shared universe bandwagon, and nailing Superman is the key to that and then making stupid money every year. Long overdue

Would love to have Abrams direct Superman. He's not the best director overall but the best director for Superman at this moment in time.

THE NEW MAN OF STEEL THAT LOOKS A LOT AS CHRIS REEVE, HIS NAME IS TRAVIS VAN WINKLE, HE IS PERFECT TO BE THE NEXT SUPERMAN

J.J ABRAMS PLEASE SEE AT THIS GUY AND MAKE HIM OUR NEW SUPERMAN, HE AS CHRIS IS ALMOST AN UNKNOWN !

69558946_378908339698912_2732714470118785024_n.jpg 70514852_525209998302583_2265177923847716864_n.jpg mobile_7ab0d818-6f30-4536-b88b-4eedbecf2fee.jpg I HAVE

Last edited:
There's an argument Justice League is the more pressing IP to really nail the next time. This whole shared universe hinges on that as the end goal. They can't mess it up twice.
You gotta get Big Blue right first, in my book.

Granted, they could just do a stand-alone Justice League franchise that isn't tied to any of the solo franchises.

Granted, they could just do a stand-alone Justice League franchise that isn't tied to any of the solo franchises.

They could. But the JL isn't like the X-Men, Guardians, Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey or Eternals. The appeal of the JL resides in the fact that the team is, like the Avengers, (primarily) an All-Star mashup of A-List heroes. Introducing the major players in a team up film as opposed to a solo flick limits the fan excitement of seeing the stars finally align -or Assemble- and leaves BO revenue on the table.

Last edited:
They could. But the JL isn't like the X-Men, Guardians, Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey or Eternals. The appeal of the JL resides in the fact that the team is, like the Avengers, (primarily) an All-Star mashup of A-List heroes. Introducing the major players in a team up film as opposed to a solo flick limits the fan excitement of seeing the stars finally align -or Assemble- and leaves BO revenue on the table.
I just think it's cleaner this way. Better to go for a completely separate take.

That way the filmmakers of the solo franchises can continue their work unimpeded, and WB doesn't have to wait until 10+ years to get Justice League back off the ground. They were prepared to launch Justice League: Mortal concurrently with Nolan's franchise. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that idea. A good movie is a good movie. Doesn't matter if there was buildup or not.

Last edited:
I just think it's cleaner this way. Better to go for a completely separate take

That way the filmmakers of the solo franchises can continue their work unimpeded, and WB doesn't have to wait until 10+ years to get Justice League back off the ground. They were prepared to launch Justice League: Mortal concurrently with Nolan's franchise. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that idea. A good movie is a good movie. Doesn't matter if there was buildup or not.

My thinking is All-Star teams like the JL and Avengers need to be treated differently than other superhero group franchises. Introducing them as a fully formed unit takes away what makes them special.

The DCEU has a strong big two with Diana and Arthur. Bring back Barry (either before or after his solo outing), and add Billy and either one or both of Harley's backup singers. Introduce a couple of New Gods and surviving members of the Suicide Squad and you're all set with JL:Unlimited. No decade long wait required.

I’d be interested in Abrams doing a DC film.

But there is zero point in having him “lead” the DCEU when half of the films the company wants to put out are most likely not going to be in the DCEU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"