• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

JOHN CENA to kick ass and chew bubble-gum in DUKE NUKEM

Nardz937

In The Chill Of Night.
Reaction score
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...erman&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews

john_cena_duke_nukem_split.jpg

Aliens, beware.
John Cena is getting ready to shoot up some aliens.

The wrestler-turned-actor is negotiations to star in Duke Nukem, a big-screen adaptation of the popular video game franchise featuring the politically incorrect action hero that is set up at Paramount.

Platinum Dunes, the company run by Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller, will produce the movie.

No director is on board at this stage. A search for a writer will begin soon to develop a script for what is intended to be a star vehicle for Cena.

The Nukem video games follow muscular adventures of its titular protagonist, who initially was a mash-up of action hero tropes. The muscular cigar-chomping figure has been fighting aliens in order to save planet Earth since 1991 when the first game was released.

The project was previously set up at Dimension Films.

Platinum Dunes is one of the companies behind The Purge action franchise and has produced the Ninja Turtles movies for Paramount. It next has the John Krasinski-directed horror movie A Quiet Place opening April 6.

Cena has quietly made Paramount his de facto movie home, having appeared in the studio’s Daddy Home 2, which has grossed over $100 million domestically, and is due to appear in Bumblebee, the studio’s Transformers spinoff that Bay produced.

If they really do it, I don't think it can work unless they make it a really self-effacing, tongue-in-cheek, almost campy parody.

Like you have to play up how insensitive and out-of-date Duke is as a character and his material doesn't fly today. Otherwise I don't think audiences will accept it. Like you'd have to Rick and Morty it almost.

I assumed that's what the games were.
That and Wolfenstein had their tongues firmly in cheek.

This is a big opportunity for him. He needs this to go well.

Cena is a solid and underrated comedic actor. This is a perfect character for him to have the opportunity to shine.

Perfect build for it, not to mention the perfect voice for all Duke's catch phrases.

I honestly find Cena a bit underrated in terms of acting ability. He's no Daniel Day Lewis, but he's very charismatic and seems to have some comedic chops.

This is quite possibily one of the best casting decisions of all time.

i do wonder how you do duke nukem in 2018 without offending many people lol

Perfect casting.

Perfect build for it, not to mention the perfect voice for all Duke's catch phrases.

I honestly find Cena a bit underrated in terms of acting ability. He's no Daniel Day Lewis, but he's very charismatic and seems to have some comedic chops.

He's not even Daniel Stern, but he's charismatic.

Daniel Stern hasn't been Daniel Stern in a long time though.

With Cena or not, I hope it happens. Now manip this one, somebody, lol. :)

This sounds like a perfect set-up and for as much hate as he gets, I like Cena. I hope this does well.

This will only work if Nukem is treated as a joke. Treat him like he's Austin Powers, a horribly dated guy whose humor is gross and sexist. A guy who isn't nearly as cool or awesome as he thinks he is.

I have a feeling this will be aimed straight at trumpland.

I think the original was quietly clever in its own way and quite subversive (I mean, alien pigs?) but the last video game was a definite reminder that what used to work might not anymore

i do wonder how you do duke nukem in 2018 without offending many people lol

Don't make callous comments about rape like the Hive level of DNF. That's how you manage to not make people angry with you.

Cena is a solid and underrated comedic actor. This is a perfect character for him to have the opportunity to shine.

I think so. If they get the script and comedy right this could be great for him, a breakthrough role.

this needs to be r-rated. if it's not , well not looking too good boi :D

this needs to be r-rated. if it's not , well not looking too good boi :D

You can't make a non-r-rated Duke Nukem movie.

You'd have to neglect the most fan favorite part of the game.

2013-10-23_00020-500x312.jpg

Shame I cannot post the full version here.

:funny:

Man, I was obsessed with DN3D in 90s. Couple of times I even skipped school to play it.

If this film happens, I owe it watch it regardless of quality or age rating.

Nukem is the type of character in this day and age that would pretty much be the epitome of the harrassment thing, lol. If they just say **** it and let it off the leash, go for it.

That's why I need it. Tired of current trends. Besides, nostalgia...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"