Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

GaGa is making Margo’s Harley look really bad. GaGa’s Harley looks like a boss………
Most people really seem to like her performance, but I have never been a fan of Robbie’s Harley. She is one of my least favorite castings in the DCEU (along with Leto, Eisenberg, and Levi). That accent she used just does not work for me at all.

Lady Gaga’s Harley looks amazing. I’m having trouble thinking of a more appropriate actress for the role.

New footage featuring Gaga and Phoenix...
... escaping from Arkham holding hands and being chased by cops as they sing (?)

Most people really seem to like her performance, but I have never been a fan of Robbie’s Harley. She is one of my least favorite castings in the DCEU (along with Leto, Eisenberg, and Levi). That accent she used just does not work for me at all.

Lady Gaga’s Harley looks amazing. I’m having trouble thinking of a more appropriate actress for the role.
I thought Robbie did a good job in SS (haven't seen BOP or TSS), but I've never thought she was essential casting. If after SS they'd announced they were recasting the role I'd have been 'Okay, be interesting to see who they get next'. As opposed to say if they'd announced they were recasting Batman after Batman Begins, or Cap after The First Avenger, in which case I'd have been 'Noooooooo!'.

FsP_g_DXwAAoTMY
I just watched the IASIP episode where they become Guardian Angels :D.

I wonder if this movie will have any influence from The Warriors. I always thought David Patrick Kelly would’ve been a killer Joker.

Since Harvey Dent is now confirmed to exist in Todd Phillips Joker World i want to see a Todd Phillips Two Face Movie in my opinion let Matt Reeves to have Mr Freeze, the Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman and let Todd Phillips to have Two Face, Harley Quinn and other characters maybe Phillips can use other more Obscure Villains Todd Phillips World is more like a character study so i would like Todd Phillips Version of Two Face not to be a Harvey who has acid on his face but a person with multiple personalities or with schizophrenia in the Joker Comic Book series from 1975 Joker has a rivalry with Two Faces in the early issues maybe we can see something similar being adapted

For a Possible Joker 3 and with a Possible appearance of Todd Phillips Batman i think the Todd Phillips Version of Bruce Wayne/Batman will be a Batman more like a Vigilante than a Hero a Batman more Violent and who is driven by Revenge and not really a Hero more like a Punisher Version of Batman in the first Comics Batman Killed the Criminals i can see Todd Phillips Batman not having the Not Kill Rule i think with that you will make Phillips Batman more different from the Versions of Matt Reeves Batman and James Gunn Batman that both of them will be more Heroic and more similar to the Mainstream Batman i could see Todd Phillips Batman Killing Phoenix Joker similar how Keaton Batman Killed Jack Nicholson Joker i also think that Phoenix Joker is inspired by Killing Joke Joker so the final interaction of Phillips Batman with Phoenix Joker could be similar to the scene between Batman and Joker at the end of Killing Joke i just hope Batman and Joker are Half Brothers in Todd Phillips Batman World

I'm so happy that they go the old Musical route!

Jazz fits perfectly with this world!

I always assumed that the whole soundtrack would be 100% composed for the movie.
I don't mind if there are some other tunes, but I still think/hope there will be original songs.

I remember seeing mentions of All That Jazz recently. I saw that movie last year and immediately thought it would be a good blueprint for this sequel. If it is indeed the case, then perfect!
The other reference for me would be Alan Parker's The Wall. Its dark and sinister cinematography, combined with Scarfe's hallucinated animation to depict mental depravity and madness, remains quite unique. I'd love to see something as bold here...

Maybe it's just that modern fashion has been heavily inspired by the 1980's. but I'm finding Gaga's look here to be just a bit too modern for that era, which is a bit disappointing because they nailed the early 80's Joker.

Wonder what the significance is of the two lamps coming on when she's half-way up.

Probably nothing. It could just be that the scene is following Harley as it gets dark and the lights turning on would just be a way to dynamize the shot. These could also be synchronized with a musical cue, since the film is going in this direction.

Probably nothing. It could just be that the scene is following Harley as it gets dark and the lights turning on would just be a way to dynamize the shot. These could also be synchronized with a musical cue, since the film is going in this direction.
I was thinking musical cue. too.

New set pic of what looks to be something closer to her final Harley form! Don’t wanna post here since I don’t wanna spoil, but it’s interesting

Very reminiscent of her “Marry The Night’’ look
New set pic of what looks to be something closer to her final Harley form! Don’t wanna post here since I don’t wanna spoil, but it’s interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"