Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

I can't believe I started a Lady Gaga fan (buying her cds and listening to her songs nonstop) back in the late 2000s to anticipating her in a DC film, after almost 15 years.

And by the way, I have never seen her movies in a theater, so Joker Folie a DueX will be the first. I didn't care about A Star is Born and its songs even when I eventually saw the film. I haven't seen the Gucci movie as well.

2 years later since the announcement (and thread opening) and today is the day.

I remember the times of yore when, at some point, it looked like it wouldn't happen and now HERE WE ARE.

Have a happy JOKER TRAILER DAY, everyone!

And remember: Always smile!:don'tcry:

Can't wait for this, interesting how they're utilizing THE BATMAN font and colors.

Reactions: Rod
Get ready for people to write this one off over those 30s lol I've already seen people deem this bad because it's a musical and it ain't doing any favors for the people who didn't like the first one.

Arthur's reaction after WB decided to make the sequel a musical after such a great first film.

No way WB made that decision tho lol this is surely a Phillips decision and I'm glad they allowed him to do it. No studio is going out of their way to make musicals let alone a comic book based one as a sequel to a $B film.

Couple of descriptions from footage tidbits just right now displayed during WARNER CINEMACON panel:

WE HAVE THE FIRST JOKER SCENES!

Lady Gaga and Joaquin Phoenix together, in prison and kissing inside a cell!!!!! MY GOD

The clip ended with Joker looking at the sky, with colorful umbrellas, Harley Quinn climbing the stairs of a courtroom and then the villain RUNNING in the middle of the street... after the two kissed. WHAT SCENES! Come on, there will be more coming!!!

Thats from "Omelete" trustworthy Brazilian source.

Todd Phillips is on stage and talking about JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX right now

(Use Twitter/google auto translator - follwo the thread)

Well! That was certainly vibrant and full of life, but doesn't feel like it lost what made the first Joker so special. Just that shot of the spotlight hitting Fleck was well-executed and I can't wait to see this film.

But...seriously, Arthur needs to stop running in the streets.

Interesting choice of having Harley as an inmate instead of a doctor.

SO......Harley in this version is a fellow patient and they both genuinely fall for each other and NOT someone Joker gaslights into working for him? HOLY ****. THAT WORKS.

No, really, when I first heard about Harley being in this, I was genuinely concerned given how every other take on the Joker/Harley thing are just him gaslighting and abusing her.

Yeah, that's a pretty fun trailer. Looks like a blast. Level-headed reactions incoming.

I'm just glad they brought the green hair back. The set pics kinda had me spooked.

If nothing else it looks more interesting than the first one. Phoenix in peak form once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"