Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

I mean it definitely looks about as far up its own ass as it can get, but who am I kidding. I’ll be seeing it. The gf will probably wanna see it too.

Gonna be a lot of Jokers and Harleys this Halloween, I suppose I’m just relieved the majority of them won’t be covered in face tattoos and looking like meth heads

I like the song choice, also you kinda tell this movie is gunna be a bit of a mind funk..and im all for it

Gotta say, I didn't expect to see Steve Coogan of all people in this.

Loved seeing the Joker in a white suit. Brought to mind TDKR, just like the first film did with the talk show segment.

The drip is insane.

GKxAI0tW4AEXlck

How tho lol
I mean the first one was too and I still saw it twice. Not really a bad thing, but it is funny to me. Joaquin’s performance is undeniable but everything else about the movie just seemed fine.

Todd Phillips makes me laugh though. Dude definitely thinks he’s the smartest guy in a 300 mile radius. He’ll still always be the dude who directed Old School to me.

I mean the first one was too and I still saw it twice. Joaquin’s performance is undeniable but everything else about the movie just seemed fine.

Todd Phillips makes me laugh though. Dude definitely thinks he’s the smartest guy in a 300 mile radius. He’ll still always be the dude who directed Old School to me.

Huh. I guess I just don't get the pretentious, up its own ass take on it all. This looks a lot more fun than the first which I also thought was fine in the end. This looks less dreary tho.

To each their own. There’s no denying that Joaquin did something special last time around. I’m excited to see how he’ll build on that. Curious about Gaga as well too.

Looks boring. I don't want to see a musical.

This stuff is only for people who take themselves too seriously

This is kinda what I mean lol you mean musicals in general, or this in particular? Lots of theater/musical people may take the craft seriously and are very analytical about it, but idk if a movie being a musical inherently means its taking itself too seriously.

However I will say this

Phillips is far better at executing his vision than others who have dabbled in the DC sandbox that are considered pretentious and up their own keister

To each their own. There’s no denying that Joaquin did something special last time around. I’m excited to see how he’ll build on that. Curious about Gaga as well too.

He and Hildur were astounding, so I'm all for their outings here. Phillips just copied and pasted a ton of stuff, but it wasn't horrendously done imo. I also think Gaga will def be worth the watch.

I mean the first one was too and I still saw it twice. Not really a bad thing, but it is funny to me. Joaquin’s performance is undeniable but everything else about the movie just seemed fine.

Is it bad that I can watch that movie a million times and still laugh like its the first viewing?

1_J1_0dlP4tziF7PwlyrUIgQ.jpg

It looks like instead of Joker turning Harley crazy, she's the one who influences him to go back to his ways. Love this twist

Shootout here to LAWRENCE SHER, the cinematographer! Seemed to have done it again.

Certainly, a special talent. Yet again another very strong imagery, managing to apparently keep up with the iconic level of first movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"