• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Jones talks Juggernaut, X3 and Future Films

Electrix

Avenger
Reaction score
He’s the Juggernaut. *****ing, for sure. But given the fact that Wolverine and Magneto are getting their own spin-off features, what “X-Men 3” star Vinnie Jones really thinks would be wicked is his very own Juggernaut movie.

“That’d be fantastic. That’s what all the fans want!” the burly former soccer star mock enthused. “Four hours of make-up. It’s great!”
“No, when I [did] my deal they obviously signed me up for ‘III’, ‘IV’, and ‘V’ just in case,” he continued more seriously. “Myself and my bank manager are just keeping our fingers crossed.”

But get this super-fan: Sure Jones thinks it’d be cool to “give the Juggernaut a mission – he can kick anybody’s ass,” but what the 42-year-old actor really wants out of this literally unstoppable force is…a little breather?

“I’d like him to have more dialogue,” Jones insisted. “In the beginning when Matthew Vaughn was involved, Juggernaut had a lot more to say. And then [director] Brett [Ratner] wanted me to have a lot more to say and so did the producers, but they had to do the movie so quick, and it was so big, and the cast was so big. I think the Juggernaut got diluted, and I was disappointed with it really. For my character, I was disappointed.”

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/08/07/vinnie-jones-has-a-juggernaut-pitch/

The last paragraph does bring something new. X3 is just a real shame, man...

No, thank you. We don't need a Juggernaut Movie.

Didn't you read the article? Vinnie was joking. He's hoping for a bigger role in future films - which I think the character justly deserves.

Or perhaps the Juggernaut could fit into the Wolverine spin-off? It's a great way to showcase some of the lesser known characters (to the mainstream audience) and give them more development.

No thanks. I don't think Juggernaut needs to be in the Wolverine spin-offs.

He died in X3, hopefully. If Phoenix could do something good for us fans, that should be it.

thank you FOX for not letting him have more dialogue! on second thought they should have changed Juggernaut to suit Vinnie Jones and make him mute

really interesting to know that Juggernaut had a bigger part in the original script. I wonder what more dialogue/scenes he had.

I think he isn't the only one.... we know Psylocke/Mei had more scenes, and in her case, she shotted them, so there will be more characters that suffered the cut.

Certainly, it seems the time was an important issue in the film result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"