Kang the Conqueror movie idea.

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
I obviously have a biased towards this (look at my SHH handle), but I sort of think Kang the Conqueror would make an interesting movie.

I haven't entirely hammered out the details of what it should be, but basically it would star Iron Lad from Young Avengers (a teenaged Kang), who finds out what he is to become when he grows up, the evil Kang the Conquer.

The movie would take the younger Kang through time trying to undo all of the wrongs his future-self commits, as well as lead a team of insurgents in Kang's empire to try and overthrow Kang.

Obviously the movie would contain a lot of time travelling, and take the younger Kang to may foreign worlds, and different time periods. If extended across a trilogy, he could come face to face with his many different incarnations; Ramu Tut, Victor Timey, Scarlet Centurion, Kang The Conqueror, and of course, Immortus. Obviously, they couldn't use the name "Iron Lad", because it's a spin off of Iron Man, but a new sort of identity can be produced.

Kang is a great villain, but I think he's too complicated to be a villain in an Avenger's movie. I think he might actually be better in an almost entirely self-contained movie, and Iron Lad makes for a good protagonist. It'd basically be a race against the clock; Iron Lad doesn't know exactly what steps he has to take to ensure that he does not become the Conqueror.

what do you all think?

I'm not really into Time travel in comics or movies, I think it becomes a bit of a Deus Ex Machina. I did like Kang in Young Avengers though

I see Kang being an Avengers' villian. In one of the Avengers movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"