Kat Dennings joins the cast

She could be up for Hela perhaps? She certainly has the required
boobies.gif
for the role!
hitit.gif

That'd be some spectacularly bad casting because Hela is a menacing DEATH goddess :dry:. I would have thought someone like this would be far more appropriate:

TILDAHELA.jpg

Let me put it this way, 90% of women in comics are drawn with an unrealistic, top heavy Barbie-doll figure. Rarely do we see anything smaller than a C cup. Sword women for example ain't going to be busty for very long even if they start out that way. The reason is quite simple, they would burn a lot of fat in that area and breasts are almost entirely composed of adipose tissue. Contrast this with male characters who are depicted with far greater range of body types. If artists strived to be a little more realistic in portraying female characters chances are Hela would be extremely tall, rangy and dare I say it...flat. She's half corpse you know...

Ahh my funny,sexy,voluptuous,crush
I hope its a big role and not just Jane Foster's co worker or something

we should know soon enough, though heck we been waiting for ages for colm and steallan's roles to be revealed. But since filming is due to start in jan we will likely know in the coming weeks.

Kat filling the Marcy role just leaves us without a Karnilla and a Balder now, right?

Kat filling the Marcy role just leaves us without a Karnilla and a Balder now, right?
And probably some others. Depending on the story. Dark Elves, Frost Giants. Howard the Duck.
As long as we don't know who's in the script, everything is possible, casting wise.

As long as she has her cape it's all good! :word: This is my choice for Hela if they cast her in the film:

monica-bellucci.jpg

monica_bellucci_20.JPG

:awesome::hehe:

With Natalie Portman spilling the beans about Kat Dennings having a role in Thor, fanboys rushed to theorize who she might play. Interestingly enough, a recent tweet from Kat's Twitter account may shed some light:

"Hell is gonna be awesome"
about 21 hours ago

Could this be a subtle hint that she will portray the goddess Hela, daughter of Loki, ruler of Hell? She does have that certain "devilish" look about her. Also, she is about the right age and look to portray someone that is the daughter of Tom Hiddleston's Loki. Just a possibility for now. Hopefully, Marvel will come out with an official announcement soon to quell any rumors.

Isn't she a little young (and pudgy) for Hela...?

Interested to see how they make this work.

If thats Hela, i'm killing the first person I see in cold blood.

Isn't she a little young (and pudgy) for Hela...?

Interested to see how they make this work.

Well, there is this thing called "exercise" that is supposed to allow humans to lose unwanted weight. I assume she may utilize it if she indeed has the role ;)

What exercise will she do for her age?

Chainsmoking?

I don't think she's "pudgy", and the Norse Gods (while not immortal) age slowly, so a youthful appearance is deceptive.

Hela doesn't need to be buff. She just needs perspective to appear taller. Plus there are these things called girdles and I'm sure that Hela costume would be full of deceptive layers.

I could see her in this part. With some major direction from Branaugh of course.

:thor: :thor: :thor:

I don't think she's "pudgy", and the Norse Gods (while not immortal) age slowly, so a youthful appearance is deceptive.

True. But you think "Hell ruler and goddess", a sort of imposing and intimidating presence pops into your head. And she doesn't really have it, young face being a large part of that. I saw someone suggest the woman who played Michael in Constantine, forget her name. Seemed like a good idea.

Oh well, will wait for confirmation from Marvel now that its leaked.

True. But you think "Hell ruler and goddess", a sort of imposing and intimidating presence pops into your head. And she doesn't really have it, young face being a large part of that. I saw someone suggest the woman who played Michael in Constantine, forget her name. Seemed like a good idea.

Not necessarily.

It should, since thats what Hela is in the books.

Also remember that Hela is Loki's daughter, so if Hela is in the film it would call for someone pretty young compared to Tom Hiddleston. Also, Hela wears a head dress that covers all but her mouth. So all those point are a bit moot anyway.

Wow just got merged as I posted! It was like going through some freaky dimensional vortex!
O.O*

As long as she has her cape it's all good! :word: This is my choice for Hela if they cast her in the film:

monica-bellucci.jpg

Good choice but Bellucci would make an even better Madame Masque in an Iron Man movie.

Kat Dennings wrote an interesting tweet

Do you think she could be referring to Hela?

Kat Dennings wrote an interesting tweet

Do you think she could be referring to Hela?

Yeah, I already posted that. The thread got merged here. I think he cryptic tweet is strong evidence she may play Hela.

No. She could be tweeting about anything

The Hollywood Reporter clearly states she will be playing a character who works for Jane Foster

I think she's been studying Favreau's technique of misdirection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"