Kat Dennings joins the cast

No. She could be tweeting about anything

The Hollywood Reporter clearly states she will be playing a character who works for Jane Foster

But her tweet that comes shortly after people start speculating her role in Thor must be looked at closer. Also the Hollywood Reporter doesn't know anymore than we do. Often times it's us fans the give them the scoops, so they are just following what most people are saying. Time to do my "Batman" thing and get to the bottom of this.

Did some searching. She is in no other films on the horizon that may have anything to do with her Twitter update. Either she is talking about Thor, or actually going to Hell. Maybe it's the name of a swanky new Hollywood Club? ;)

Yup, she's obviously talking about Thor because she realizes creepy fan boys are reading her tweets and she wants to throw them off.

Hmmm...there is a club called The Ivar in LA. I found out this little tidbit:

When: Every last Wednesday of the month 10 p.m. - 2 a.m.

One Wednesday a month, Club Hell takes over Façade, filling it with darkwave-themed art, glow-in-the-dark go-go dancers, BDSM players, some really impressive Goth-fetish fashion, and lots of red neon. The whole place is spectacular; hit it.

Perhaps young Ms. Denning was speaking of attending this le petite soirée sadique! Is it the kind of thing she'd be into? More detective work is required!

From the SHH home page: Kat play the role of Darcy. It's official.
Sigh, no more Hela... :(

Yup, she's obviously talking about Thor because she realizes creepy fan boys are reading her tweets and she wants to throw them off.

As I said, she's been studying Favreau.:cwink:

^ Ah, it was looking that way the more I started digging.

"Reading her tweets" sounds funny to me :hehe: :o

Big, round, glorious tweets. ;)

To quote a movie I love:

"I would bounce those things like Sugar Ray Leonard!"

Damn Branagh likes them young. I see Hela as much older than this. I think she would make a more fitting Enchantress.

But I think Kat kicks ass. Not only beautiful, but a good actress and pretty humble in real life.

Good casting. Nice to see Branagh adding another beautiful young actress to the movie. :up:

What if this Darcy character is actually Hela on earth (hehe), disguised as a mortal to make sure that Thor doesn't learn whatever lessons he is supposed to in order to get his powers back, keeping Thor from being able to provide any sort of threat to Loki and his evil army, and paving the way for her father's invasion of earth/midgard.

I know nothing about Thor save for the basics. I'm more familiar with the Ultimate version, so I'm just making a guess. But if it's confirmed she is Darcy, but the tweet says "hell will be awesome", it could be a possibility.

What if this Darcy character is actually Hela on earth (hehe), disguised as a mortal to make sure that Thor doesn't learn whatever lessons he is supposed to in order to get his powers back, keeping Thor from being able to provide any sort of threat to Loki and his evil army, and paving the way for her father's invasion of earth/midgard.

I know nothing about Thor save for the basics. I'm more familiar with the Ultimate version, so I'm just making a guess. But if it's confirmed she is Darcy, but the tweet says "hell will be awesome", it could be a possibility.

I have tought the same thing that you, it would be a strong possibility that she play two characters, there are no better undercover that to be a nurse for the godess of the death.

I really would like to see her play the role, she have something mysterious in her eyes, I think she could play very well Hela.

I'm glad that she's in this movie, but the whole Hela in disguise thing seems to be grasping at straws. Idk, but there was nothing in that Hell comment that leads me to believe that it is even related to Thor in any way. I think people are reading too much into nothing. or in Branagh terms: it's "Much Ado About Nothing".

I'm glad that she's in this movie, but the whole Hela in disguise thing seems to be grasping at straws. Idk, but there was nothing in that Hell comment that leads me to believe that it is even related to Thor in any way. I think people are reading too much into nothing. or in Branagh terms: it's "Much Ado About Nothing".

Agreed.

Well, Marvel just made it official. Kat will be playing Jane Foster's buddy, Darcy, not Hela.

Actually I just double checked, Marvel only confirmed that she is in the movie, but her role has not been specified:

From Midgard to Asgard and beyond, there was much joy, for a new star has joined the cast of "Thor"!
Kat Dennings, co-star of "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist," "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and more, has made hers Marvel, becoming the latest addition to the film's already star-studded cast. We'll have more news on Dennings' role soon, so stay glued to Marvel.com.

The 23-year-old actress will star alongside Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Anthony Hopkins (Odin), Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), Stuart Townsend (Fandral), Tadanobu Asano (Hogun) and Ray Stevenson (Volstagg). Kenneth Branagh will direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"