Xbox Killer Instinct

@X Knight we should do another KI session if you’re free this coming weekend.
sorry. FFVII releases Friday, so this weekend my gaming time has been set aside for that and Persona 5.

maybe another weekend?

sorry. FFVII releases Friday, so this weekend my gaming time has been set aside for that and Persona 5.

maybe another weekend?
Oh cool, yes. Enjoy! Give me a shout next time you’re free. Cheers.

I'd join you guys if I had xbox live. I've been playing fighting games since the SF2/MK1 days and I gotta say KI for Xone is one of the best fighting games ever made, my favorite for gameplay hands down

Just tried Killer Instinct on Windows 10 on my new pc. It looks awesome!

@X Knight Sorry, got tied up this weekend. Want to try next Saturday?

@X Knight Sorry, got tied up this weekend. Want to try next Saturday?
that's ok. I was busy too.

yes, let's try this upcoming Saturday - 4/25. I will be getting busier as my Grad school starts next month. So, let's try to get in at least one more session before then, yeah?

that's ok. I was busy too.

yes, let's try this upcoming Saturday - 4/25. I will be getting busier as my Grad school starts next month. So, let's try to get in at least one more session before then, yeah?
Yes sounds good mate. Let me know what time you want to do. I should be able to do around you.

Yes sounds good mate. Let me know what time you want to do. I should be able to do around you.

How about like last time? 2:00 PM my time (Central US). Would that work for you?

had another fun session today with @Iceman. slowly working our way through those achievements! :D

I really love all these character achievements. It makes me have a good reason to explore all of them and I like all the characters. I'd like for other fighters to do that too.

so I checked how many characters are on the roster, and there are 29.

I also checked how many characters never got that Ultimate/Finisher move added, and I think there are 13 characters. So, a little under half of the roster.

The Ultimate finishers were added late in the project through DLC packs. It just strikes me as very odd, and very unprofessional, that you would add this new mechanic to the game, but not do it for every character on your roster!

I'd be interested in finding out the reason, but it almost feels like they simply ran out of funds or something. It seems they stopped working on the game in 2017. I don't know why they couldn't have taken one more year to just add the finisher moves to the remaining characters, especially as they weren't adding any other new characters, stages, or story mode content to the game.

Why leave the game unfinished like that? If you didn't have the finishers planned and created for all the characters, why even add that mechanic to the game? Just save it for a sequel if you are going to do it half-complete.

The game is still fun and enjoyable as is, but it will forever feel incomplete when you know that some characters have certain moves while others don't. It's like releasing a Mortal Kombat game with no Fatalities to start with. After multiple updates, half of the roster gets Fatalities added, but the other half never does.

It's totally unprofessional.

I agree. It’s better to not bother and save it for a sequel rather than waste resources and time on implementing it for just some of the characters. I really hope lack of money isn’t the reason as I want that sequel to happen.

I agree. It’s better to not bother and save it for a sequel rather than waste resources and time on implementing it for just some of the characters. I really hope lack of money isn’t the reason as I want that sequel to happen.
If there ends up being no sequel, it would be yet another IP wasted by MS. They are sitting on quite a few existing IPs (acquired through acquisitions) that could have been turned into solid exclusive franchises for the Xbox One.

just from Rare alone, they had KI, Banjo Kazooie, and Perfect Dark (and probably a few others). We got one KI game, but 5-7 years later, there should have already been a sequel or official confirmation that a sequel is in place.

There should have been at least one new Banjo game on the X1 - make him the Xbox platformer mascot.

I know there have been talks of a Perfect Dark reboot, but we've been hearing about that constantly for years with nothing official. Hopefully, we'll see that next gen, but again, there should have already been a new Perfect Dark game on the X1.

So, right there, that's 3 IPs you could have turned into consistent, solid exclusive franchises for the Xbox, in addition to the Halos, Gears, and Forzas.

MS is just wasting so much untapped potential. It's like they lost an entire generation of developing exclusives for the Xbox.

Now they have all these new studios, but there are so many existing IPs and dormant franchises to tap into.

Last edited:
@X Knight you were right on Omen! He has his own unique DLC with different achievements to everyone else, mostly combo related. I got one of them just by chance but will probably have to look into how the other ones can be achieved.

@X Knight you were right on Omen! He has his own unique DLC with different achievements to everyone else, mostly combo related. I got one of them just by chance but will probably have to look into how the other ones can be achieved.
ah, that's what I figured. I think he was originally a hidden character, so that must be the reason.

well, at least you got some kind of achievement while using him - so it wasn't a total waste of time......haha.

but if his other achievements are combo related, then I suggest you head to the Dojo mode in the game to learn and practice the combo mechanics. I was in there before our session yesterday, and some of that combo stuff can get pretty deep......lol.

Yeah I tried getting through it before but it’s too much to take in in one go lol. Also I forgot nearly all of it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"