Kindred: The Embraced

Bad Superman

World's Grimmest Hero
Reaction score
Back in 1996 there was a series called Kindred: The Embraced, that was based on the role-playing game Vampire: The Masquerade. I was a fan of both the game and the TV series, but unfortunately the show was cancelled after only 8 episodes.

I think the one major flaw the show had was that the vampire origin and history as it is featured on the game was not established. This and a background for each main clan would’ve made the series more appealing for casual viewers and fans. I would love to see Kindred turned into either a film franchise or new TV series.

Who were your favorite characters? What was your favorite episode? Do you think bringing back the new series as a film franchise or TV series would work?

Discuss.

Last edited:
I used to watch this show when I was in high school. I have the series on VHS but I don't have a VCR anymore. lol

The show was canceled because the actor that played Julian died so they decided to end the show. I would love to see a remake of the show for two reasons: 1) The source material has a lot of depth to it. I also liked vampires that could turn into wolves. 2) To wash away the stupidity of Twilight vampires.

I used to watch this show when I was in high school. I have the series on VHS but I don't have a VCR anymore. lol

The show was canceled because the actor that played Julian died so they decided to end the show. I would love to see a remake of the show for two reasons: 1) The source material has a lot of depth to it. I also liked vampires that could turn into wolves. 2) To wash away the stupidity of Twilight vampires.

I would love to see a remake. Shows like True Blood and Vampire Diaries are examples of how vampires are once again "fashionable".

I'm sure that if this series is brought back it can be a hit.

Oh man, I loved this show

Me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"