Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

I think Dawn is still widely considered the “best one”. But they’re all pretty top notch.

I still do love Rise the best though. And I miss that its theme is never reprised in the sequels.

1. Rise
2. Dawn
3. War

And throwing in the originals for good measure.

1. Planet of the Apes
2. Conquest
3. Beneath
4. Escape
5. Battle

Of the originals, I only watched the first one (amazing) and Beneath all the way through. Beneath was basically just the same movie with a different actor until like the last 20 minutes, when it went completely insane. I’ve only seen clips of the one where the apes go back in time; it was so silly lol.

Nothing is worse than the Wahlberg one though. That dude makes any franchise suck.

Apart from the Rise/Dawn/War trilogy, I've only ever watched the original and the Tim Burton remake. I didn't like either of them as much as the more recent Caesar-centered movies. I do actually think that the Burton version could have been better with someone other than Wahlberg as the lead since all the actors playing apes earned those paychecks. The original is good in its own right but since the ending is so iconic and I had it spoiled for me years before I actually watched it, it kind of took some of the bite out of it.

I'm going to see Battle tonight for the first time but as it stands now:

1. War - 5/5
2. Dawn - 5/5
3. Rise - 4.5/5

The original series:

1. Planet of the Apes - 5/5
2. Conquest - 4/5
3. Beneath - 4/5
4. Escape - 3.5/5

I need to check out some of the orignal sequels. I've seen the original, the Tim Burton film and the new trilogy.

Conquest goes hard.

357eafd6dc627cafe72fc9561ba9f7b1fce94b89.gifv

Ranking the latest trilogy:

1) WAR
2) DAWN
3) RISE.

Love all 3, but I find War an exceptional movie.

Just watched Rise again to start my re-watch of the Caesar trilogy before Kingdom.

Rise still holds up pretty well. Though the CGI is showing its age a bit. The movie is 13 years old now though. Rise still has the best score of the trilogy.

I have greatly appreciated the new Planet of the Apes trilogy. I hope this new installment will further expand the narrative and build upon something continuous, provided it's crafted with the same attention to detail as the previous films.

Even though social media reactions aren't an accurate barometer, seeing some positive reactions to Kingdom so far.

I'm happy that the budget wasn't insanely bloated for a movie like this.

I've got my tickets to watch this tomorrow -- can't wait.

Seriously can’t wait for 4DX showing tomorrow. One of my top four favorite film franchises of all time next to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Jurassic Park.

I would say Marvel, but there it’s confusing due to it being franchises within a franchise, top favorite among them being Captain America.

'Rise' should have easily won in 2011. The competition was stiffer in 2014 and 2017, but I wouldn't have been mad about them beating 'Interstellar' or '2049', as excellent as both those winners also are.

Seriously can’t wait for 4DX showing tomorrow. One of my top four favorite film franchises of all time next to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Jurassic Park.

I would say Marvel, but there it’s confusing due to it being franchises within a franchise, top favorite among them being Captain America.

I feel your excitement! I'm seeing it in IMAX on Saturday, and I can't contain myself! My wife is getting tired of me talking about it. RISE, DAWN, and WAR surpassed BTTF and The Dark Knight series, as my all-time favorite trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"