Sony Spin-Off Kraven The Hunter

Why not just make a Spider-Man 2099 movie or a Ghost-Spider/Spider-Gwen movie?
tumblr_n6f9a5xbEc1rtgyhfo1_400.gif

I hate how Sony keeps burning Spidey villains into thin air.
I don't think it looks horrible (JC Chandor is a great filmmaker... beats me why is he doing this though) and what appears to be real locations is a big bonus for me. But I don't know, man. I've been fooled too many times.

Is Russell Crowe permanently stuck in that voice now or something? Thor Love and Blunder really did a number on him.

Why not just make a Spider-Man 2099 movie or a Ghost-Spider/Spider-Gwen movie?
Those could be a big success if done right, but I kind of don't want Sony to waste them.

It's kind of amazing how for a moment Sony was at the top of the world. Glowing audience and critical reviews for the greatest superhero film of the year, only for them to remind everyone that they are in the business of SLOP just a few weeks later. They are doubling down too, as El Muerto apparently starts filming in August.

Sony, never change...

I think what helps this film is that Kraven isn't overly CGI, unlike Morbius.

It's kind of amazing how for a moment Sony was at the top of the world. Glowing audience and critical reviews for the greatest superhero film of the year, only for them to remind everyone that they are in the business of SLOP just a few weeks later. They are doubling down too, as El Muerto apparently starts filming in August.

Sony, never change...
They get all the plaudits in gaming and now animated films after SV, and then their modern live action stuff is a clown show. :funny:

Pretty cool poster, I'll say that but otherwise big yikes. I'll still go see it but it looks so lifeless. I don't know that there'll be one good thing about it

Cool poster though looks a bit cosplay.

From the trailer, it definitely looks like this one has a smaller budget than Morbius. I didn't find Morbius cheap looking. I thought the production values were at least presentable, but this one, yikes. I had flashbacks from Origins Wolverine, a couple of shots looked like from a b movie. Alarming!

It also reminds me how cheap looking Welcome to Raccoon City was and it was under Sony Pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"