Sony Spin-Off Kraven The Hunter

Lol ok did you really need to use my post though. Lmao good for you.

This looks a typical original story plus a lot of gratuitous gore. Guess if it is well made enough it will find a decent audience. I am not that sold yet.

To be fair, Kraven has used animals as weapons. He used cheetahs against Spider-Man in the first Sinister Six appearance and Alyosha used an elephant and gorilla.

Some things from the original story had to be changed, I guess. A man from pre-Soviet Russia alive and hunting people today is corny, as is the fact that he gained powers from herbs and roots. We know Sergei had a soft spot for his mother and we don’t know anything about what he thought of his father.

That said, nothing about this feels like Kraven to me. He doesn’t have an accent, his motivations are wrong and it feels too urban. No costume, not in nature much. This is only the first trailer, so that can change in future trailers. I don’t know what is going on with the lion bite.

I’ll watch it out of curiosity but it looks disappointing.

♫Lion Blood
Lion Blood
Radioactive Lion Blood ♫

In all seriousness, this looks terrible. I may watch it down the road if it's on streaming due to morbid curiosity. But I still don't understand the logic of Sony trying to make piecemeal Spider-Man villain movies.

Also as a side not, between Venom, Morbius and Kraven, it's kinda wild how Sony is able to attract pretty well regarded actors for subpar projects.

♫Lion Blood
Lion Blood
Radioactive Lion Blood ♫

In all seriousness, this looks terrible. I may watch it down the road if it's on streaming due to morbid curiosity. But I still don't understand the logic of Sony trying to make piecemeal Spider-Man villain movies.

Also as a side not, between Venom, Morbius and Kraven, it's kinda wild how Sony is able to attract pretty well regarded actors for subpar projects.
Ha! To your little tune I was thinking the same thing! Can't we be more original than an animal's blood? If that was the case in real life we'd all be mutants by now, lol

at least we will get a more accurate Kraven in the video game coming out in the same month i'll watch my nephew play it and will be more enjoyable than lion man the movie
That Kraven looks really good to me. Thankfully the Spidey games are doing the villains justice.

Some things from the original story had to be changed, I guess. A man from pre-Soviet Russia alive and hunting people today is corny, as is the fact that he gained powers from herbs and roots.

Hmmm sounds familiar... wasn't corny when Black Panther did it
I'd take some holistic concoction over "a drop of lion blood got in my blood" any day

♫Lion Blood
Lion Blood
Radioactive Lion Blood ♫

Amazing what you can do by paying people boat loads of money

Kraven's last hunt is one of better spiderman stories and it was only reason i was vaguely interested in this maybe one day i'll get that but obviously won't be this movie and judging by the reception this is getting it won't be a sequel neither

shame ATJ looks great in certain parts in that trailer

♫Lion Blood
Lion Blood
Radioactive Lion Blood ♫

Yeah, this trash universe is surprisingly well cast. :D

I'd take some holistic concoction over "a drop of lion blood got in my blood" any day
I wasn’t a huge fan of BP but fair enough.

Same here, lol.

Is this what Kraven is in the comics? :funny:

Honestly. Looks more watchable than Venom (which only had Tom Hardy in it’s favour) and Morbius (which had absolutely nothing), if only because it’s a man violently beating the **** out of people instead of bad CG monsters. Looks stupid, inaccurate, cliche, bad, all that. But kinda fun. At least in my opinion :oldrazz:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"