Laurence Fishburne IS Perry White in The Man of Steel

FilmNerdJamie

Obtainer of wrong opinions!
Reaction score
Laurence Fishburne cast as Perry White in 'Man of Steel' -- EXCLUSIVE
by Adam B. Vary
Aug 2 2011 09:40 PM ET

Lois Lane and Clark Kent just got their boss: Laurence Fishburne will play Daily Planet editor-in-chief Perry White in Man of Steel, EW has learned exclusively. White has traditionally been a hard-charging, old fashioned newspaperman, who relies on his ace reporters, Clark and Lois, to get the big scoop.

The Superman reboot, produced by Christopher Nolan and directed by Zack Snyder, stars Henry Cavill as Clark (a.k.a. Superman), Amy Adams as Lois, and Michael Shannon as General Zod. It’s due to begin filming this fall, and is slated for release on June 14, 2013.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/08/02/laurence-fishburne-perry-white-man-of-steel-exclusive/

Awesome casting.

Last edited:
:awesome: you were quicker by a minute!:woot::cwink:

awesome casting!:up:

I'm indifferent on it. Perry's not a hard role so he should be able to pull it off. But I did hope for a charming "papa bear" type, so Fishburne doesn't exactly fit that mold too well.

Ah well. I'm sure he can do the commanding and irritant newspaper chief.

Meh. I never cared for him in anything I've seen him in. Hopefully he'll surprise me this time.

Eh I was hoping for someone else.

We'll see

Oh wow... I dig it.

my first thought was that it seems like they're trying very hard not to make perry white look like a jjj ripoff, despite the fact that perry came first.

love the casting. i became interested in a black perry white when it seemed like lennix was up for the role

Ha! I wanted Denzel but Fishburne is fine!
I'm happy!

Great news!
Awesome casting!

Morpheus is playing Perry? Great Ceaser's Ghost! :awesome:

Good choice, I like it. :)

wow!! interesting choice!!

now we just need Lex and Jimmy!

This is some crazy cast they are putting together

Interesting. My preference would be a more comic accurate Perry, but I actually kind dig this casting. Fishburne is capable of playing the gruff but caring editor in chief of the Daily Planet.

i remember there being a discussion about a black man being cast as Perry White and whether or not it would be a problem. my position was that, while there are plenty of capable white actors for the role, i wouldn't mind if a black actor played Perry.......and i stick by my position.

that being said, i've always like Laurence Fishburne, even in Predators. i thought he was pretty awesome in Mission: Impossible III also. i'm not exactly jumping for joy over this casting, but he's yet another strong actor amongst a slew of great actors.....also another academy award nominee.

I'm glad it's not Hugh Laurie because he's JJJ:oldrazz:

I'v been a huge fan of Of The Fish when I saw Boys in Da Hood. Guy is a good actor and a inspired choice.

Perry is gonna ask Clark to choose between the read or blue pill.

wait whats that yup another oscar nominee:oldrazz:
gif_morpheus.gif

I remember having a nice debate over having a black actor play this role in this movie. Guy said they were a million white actors and they shouldn't look at a black actor since they were a million white ones that could play the part faithfully. Well to that person, I just have to ask?

Wow. The cast in this movie is incredible. I love this casting. He will be an awesome Perry White.

The Fish as Perry?

I'm cool with that.

Hmm...Interesting. I like him, but I'm not sure he'd make a good Perry. No, not because of that. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"