What was the Most Emotional/Heartfelt Moment in "Man of Steel"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
Alright, so I’ve seen a thread dedicated to the “Little Moments” that we enjoyed along with what could have been worked on more, but I don’t seem to recall seeing a thread dedicated to discussing about what we thought was the most “Emotional” (Heartfelt) moment within the film.

Now based on most of the posts that I’ve read, here are some of the moments that I’ve listed as choices and top contenders for the spot:

• Jor-el and Lara saying their final goodbyes to an infant Kal-el.

• Lara witnessing the destruction of Krypton on her own.

• An adolescent Clark learning to control his senses through the wise words of his mother.

• Pa Kent revealing Clark’s spaceship to him.

• Pa Kent sacrificing himself to the tornado in order to protect Clark’s secret by telling him not to save him.

• Clark emerging from the Scout Ship after having donned the Superman suit for the first time and mastering his ability to fly.

• Superman and Lois having their then supposed final moment together in the desert before Faora arrived.

• Jor-el encouraging Clark that he can save both Lois and the rest of humanity.

• Superman thrashing Zod with several punches after Zod had threatened his mother.

• The U.S. soldiers lowering their weapons at Superman as he emerges from the rubble and Col. Hardy acknowledging that he is not their enemy.

• Superman racing against time to destroy the World Machine with all of his might as Perry and Steve attempt to save Jenny from being killed.

• Superman having to kill Zod in order to protect an family from being incinerated by his heat blast and screaming out in agony afterwards due to his decision before being comforted by Lois.

• Martha revealing to Clark that Jonathan knew about what Clark would become someday based on the flashback of seeing him as a child running around with a red cape.

• Final Montage and Closing Scene at the Daily Planet.

Of course there might have been another scene that I forgot to mention here that captured your attentions enough to deem it being an emotional scene for you. Discuss away folks!

I wouldn't post links to bootlegged materials. That could get you in trouble here.

Lots of fantastic moments in this film.

Superman flying up the beam of the World Engine while Perry stays with Jenny to comfort her is my favorite moment of the film, but it was not the most heartfelt for me. The closing scene at the Planet is another favorite moment of mine but I would categorize that as more exhilarating (Not saying either of these could be heartfelt for others).

The most heartfelt, for me, would be young Clark running around with the cape.

You could probably also add Martha's reaction to Clark's news about finding out who his real parents are and Clark reassuring his mom that he wasn't going anywhere.

A lot of scenes got me pretty emotional, but I think the tornado scene had the most emotional impact on me personally.

Lois and Clark stuff. For sure.

You guys are just making polls for everything :funny:

Lots of fantastic moments in this film.

Superman flying up the beam of the World Engine while Perry stays with Jenny to comfort her is my favorite moment of the film, but it was not the most heartfelt for me. The closing scene at the Planet is another favorite moment of mine but I would categorize that as more exhilarating (Not saying either of these could be heartfelt for others).

The most heartfelt, for me, would be young Clark running around with the cape.

You could probably also add Martha's reaction to Clark's news about finding out who his real parents are and Clark reassuring his mom that he wasn't going anywhere.

I have to agree with that. too bad it's not an option. :csad:

That part had me tearing up.

lol; it is, I just shortened it in the Poll area above but when I wrote "Superman racing against time to stop the world machine", I also meant everything that was included in that sequence, including Jenny and Perry.

Jenny had one of the most underrated scenes and performances in the movie IMHO. As for the poll, let me think. THIS...is a hard one haha....:word:

Zod's speech before the final fight where he says "Now I have no people..."

I get a bit teary eyed everytime I see it (5 times now). And also the howl Clark lets out after he kills Zod is still very impactful.

Well the tornado scene invoked the most emotional response from me- one of fury for its sheer stupidity. It's pretty unforgivable to me for Clark to let his dad die just because he was told to. It almost ruined the movie for me. The scenes that were actually emotional for me were Jorel and Lara having to send their baby away and kid Clark with his red cape at the end.

Nothing really hit me in the feels. I'm a cold man, I know.

Regarding Jonathan's death scene, I can understand why some have issues with it, I mean I found myself thinking on why Clark didn't just start moving towards Jonathan sooner before he turned around to look at the crowd and looked back at his dad as he was getting ready to go there and help his dad.

But Kevin really sells the idea that went into that moment of why he allowed himself to die in order to protect Clark's secret...that look on his face just said it all and the music that accompanied it along with Cavil's acting made a lot of people in my theater cry at that moment.

I thought Cavill's reaction when his character kills Zod was beautifully done... you never saw Superman convey that sense of remorse in a film before.

I honestly cant just pick one, especially after only seeing the movie once, I will see it again soon so I will have to decide then, but all of them were great to me.

I thought Cavill's reaction when his character kills Zod was beautifully done... you never saw Superman convey that sense of remorse in a film before.

Absolutely. Such a sad and powerful moment.

supermanyelling.jpg

The scene that I couldn't help but well up was Lara's final dialogue before she witnesses Krypton's destruction. :csad:

Such a lonely way to die.

Is it weird that i started to tear up right when the movie starts just because the movie was finally here ?

Definitely "Flashback with Clark in the red cape as a child".

Tornado scene followed closely by "This man is not our enemy"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"