Lebron James wants to do Space Jam sequel..

CJ

Sidekick
Reaction score
It's been 16 years since Michael Jordan teamed up with the Looney Tunes to take down a team of aliens who had stolen the talent from some of the NBA's most prominent players in the live-action animation hybrid Space Jam, but the official website is still up and running, and it seems there might be some desire from one influential fan to get a sequel off the ground. NBA All-Star basketball player LeBron James recently posted on Twitter (via The Film Stage) that he was a big fan of the original film and would love to do a sequel. So could the Miami Heat player be gearing up for what could be the best sequel of the decade?
Sadly, Warner Bros. isn't officially in development of a sequel, but with James' expressed interest out in the public eye, maybe we can get the studio on board. The first film is a childhood staple of mine so much that I even bought the flick on Blu-Ray. Though I'm not a big sports fan now, I was huge into basketball in grade school, collecting basketball cards, knowing entire team rosters (I still know dozens of mid-90s basketball players long since retired), so Space Jam was the perfect movie for me. Nowadays, a sequel would be pretty fun. A new generation of basketball stars could step up, and as long as Bill Murray comes back, I think we have the makings of another classic on our hands here. What do you think?

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/whoa-nba-all-star-lebron-james-wants-to-do-space-jam-sequel/

No. Just.. no. :dry:

I don't see why not. I too loved Space Jam growing up, I don't see any harm in doing another one. It's sure to be better than the live action movies with that other guy that played in the Mummy movies. Those movies sucked but Space Jam was/ still its awesome!

The chances of Bill Murray doing a Space Jam 2 are close to zero, we are safe.
To the poster above : The Rock is fine and sure is a better actor than any basketball player, at least I find him funny.

54f35755e98d8a7a11911350d579bd8ed033c6a.gif

I don't see why not either, this could be harmless fun. Lebron seemed funny with those The Lebrons commercials. To be honest, I think Lebron will probably be a better actor than Jordan. Lets be honest with ourselves as a kid, Jordin can anything, but now that we all matured, we watch Space Jam again, we can't help but cringe at moments to Jordan's acting. BUT, Space Jam is still a classic, it didn't need some awesome acting from Jordan, it just needed a Jordan being himself and having fun. Which he did.

image.jpg

let's compromise... he can do a Kazam sequel

I just noticed his twitter username is "kingjames" LOL, how narcissistic can you get?

They can do it, but without Lebron James. The original Space Jam worked because Michael Jordan was a more iconic and sympathetic figure (at the time, at least) than James will ever be.

If Bill Murray did this and not Ghostbusters 3, I would officially lose all faith in life.

That said, I probably wouldn't go see a Space Jam 2, but it felt like a big deal way back when it came out, o I have to say if the could recreate that hye, I wouldn't be against this sort of thing.

The only Space Jam 2 I would be interested in would be one featuring Michael Jordon...... and even then, after all these years, the interest would be minimal...

The only Looney Tunes film I wanna see is one based on my own idea;

An old black and white cartoon, bitter about been forgotten in the transition to colour and in particular the popularity of Bugs Bunny, kidnaps Bugs and threatens to 'rub him out'. With no more money coming in the Warner Brothers have a new but knowledgeable animation assistant who witnessed the kidnapping team up with a small team of Toons - Daffy, Foghorn, Wyle E, Porky and Sylvester to go search the Warner cartoon vaults and save Bugs

The only Space Jam 2 I would be interested in would be one featuring Michael Jordon...... and even then, after all these years, the interest would be minimal...

The only Looney Tunes film I wanna see is one based on my own idea;

An old black and white cartoon, bitter about been forgotten in the transition to colour and in particular the popularity of Bugs Bunny, kidnaps Bugs and threatens to 'rub him out'. With no more money coming in the Warner Brothers have a new but knowledgeable animation assistant who witnessed the kidnapping team up with a small team of Toons - Daffy, Foghorn, Wyle E, Porky and Sylvester to go search the Warner cartoon vaults and save Bugs

Interesting idea. In a good way, it kinda reminds me of Buddy vs. the Animaniacs.

The sequel won't have the awesome soundtrack that the first film had.

[YT]kFN3l2NuoE0[/YT]

[YT]YrMOxASAmP0[/YT]

They can do it, but without Lebron James. The original Space Jam worked because Michael Jordan was a more iconic and sympathetic figure (at the time, at least) than James will ever be.

This.

Jordan was as big of an A-hole as James (bigger, actually) but he carefully created a public persona of being this really nice, likeable guy. So people who weren't even fans of the Bulls liked him (at least until the Bulls came to town kicked the crap out of your team).

People might not hate James as much as they did around the time of "The Decision" but I still think the general opinion of him is fairly negative. There's no denying his talent, but I'm not sure that is going to make people suffer through his bad acting in a movie the way they did with Jordan. Even kids these days are tougher critics than they used to be.

And besides, Gary Oldman and the Actors Against Acting Athletes (AAAA) will do everything they can to boycott this movie if it goes into production, creating more negative press.

If they really did a sequel to Space Jam, wouldnt it make more sense to have them play like baseball or football just so it can be a little different?

If they really did a sequel to Space Jam, wouldnt it make more sense to have them play like baseball or football just so it can be a little different?

Football = Spacedown

Baseball = Spaceroids

Hockey = Spacewhocaresexceptcanadians

MMA = Spacedouche

How about some Olympic Space Jam?

Water Polo - Space Bonnets

Curling - Space Brooms

Diving - Space Crotch

Speed Skating - Space Thighs

Rhythmic Gymnastics - Space Ribbons

Beach Volleyball - Space Wedgie

Race Walking - Space Pace

As much of a cash grab as that movie was, we all loved the entire basketball game portion. That **** was just awesome seeing them all interacting like that.

And some trivia, apparently Ivan Reitman ghost directed this but put Joe Pytka on the credits as director.

Lebron would take his talents to Moron Mountain halfway through the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"