Legend of Korra brought to you by Platinum Games

Nathan

Avenger
Reaction score
Platinum Games' The Legend of Korra Coming in 2014

[YT]TyQEsTLcILs[/YT]

Platinum Games is developing The Legend of Korra, a third-person combat game based on the Nickelodeon TV show.

The Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Bayonetta 2 studio and Activision will launch its downloadable Legend of Korra game this fall on PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3.

seyvPor.jpg

Korra scribe Tim Hedrick is writing the story, which takes place between The Legend of Korra’s second and third seasons. As the series' leading lady, players will use the Avatar's fire, earth, air, and water elements in combat to fight familiar enemies such as Mecha Tanks and Chi Blockers, as well as other Benders in the 3-on-3 Pro-Bending arena.

A Webfoot Technologies-developed turn-based strategy version of The Legend of Korra will also hit Nintendo 3DS this year. Where Platinum's action game is all about fast-paced martial-art combat, the 3DS game will "focus on tactically maneuvering Korra and her allies on the battlefield."

Look for more on Platinum's The Legend of Korra game, including our hands-on impressions, later this week.

0iatfyn.jpg

WV9xS4b.jpg

RD9qdiL.jpg

Last edited:

[YT]TyQEsTLcILs[/YT]

Platinum Games Is Developing a New Legend of Korra Game

Bayonetta and Vanquish developer Platinum Games is working on a new game based on the Nickelodeon anime The Legend of Korra. It's a third person action game that will be available on the PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC this fall.Avatar: The Last Airbender and Korra writer and producer Tim Hendrick will pen the game’s story, which is set between the Nickelodeon series’ second and third seasons. Korra will be equipped with all four element-bending abilities, and will square off against series mainstays such as Mecha Tanks, Chi Blockers, and other Benders. IGN’s report also indicates that the 3-on-3 Pro-Bending sport will also be featured in the game.
A separate 3DS version developed by Webfoot Technologies will eschew the action-driven combat Platinum Games is known for (see: Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance) in favor of turn-based strategy.
The TV show’s third season kicks off this Friday.

source:EPN.TV

I hope it plays good!

Wonder if the console version is a small, arena-based fighting game (is that what '3-on-3 Pro-Bending arena' means) or a linear stage-based beat-em-up action game? I'd prefer the latter.

Activision Letting Fans Vote On The Legend of Korra Game’s Digital Art. June 26, 2014 . 8:30am

PlatinumGames’ Legend of Korra game is due out this fall, and Activision are letting fans vote on what the digital “box art” for the download title will look like.

Earlier in the week, it was revealed that PlatinumGames are working on a Legend of Korra game for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. The game is being published by Activision and will be released as a download title this fall.

The game is an brawler where you use Korra’s mastery over martial arts and the elements as part of her combos. The game will also feature her polar bear-dog, Naga, who will be used in “high-speed” traversal segments.

Meanwhile, a separate game with a similar story will be released for the Nintendo 3DS, and this one will be a strategy RPG that sees a retail-only release.

Activision have released the first screenshots of the console Korra game and are currently allowing fans to vote on the game’s digital “box art”. You can vote for that over on the series’ Facebook page.

source:Siliconera

GameSpot - I Played With Fire in Platinum Game's The Legend of Korra

Although combat is the main focus of the game, there are several other parts that attempt to break up the long sequences of battle. There's a good amount of platforming and often secrets are hidden down paths that require skillful navigation of the terrain.

There's also a strange mini-game that occurs after some levels that seems to be Platinum's way of getting Korra's flying mount into the game. Although there is an end, it has the basic mechanics of endless runners, and Korra must collect as much of the in-game currency as possible. You must guide Korra to the end without failing for the main story to advance. I'm intrigued to see how this minigame will mesh with the combat in the final game.

Lastly, Platinum is making a competitive arena mode, where you can take on other benders in 3 vs. 3 matches. Although this seems like an opportunity for online multiplayer, the game is only single-player, and these matches are fought against computer-controlled characters.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/i-...inum-game-s-the-legend-of-korra/1100-6420711/

That was a great read. So looking forward to it.

sounds great. hope this is good.

GameZone - The Legend of Korra hands-on Preview: Retaining Platinum's DNA

One of smartest aspects of The Legend of Korra that also feels practical is its competitive $14.99 price point. This falls in line with the game’s projected playtime of four hours to beat the story. That said, Platinum is making a game that greatly encourages multiple playthroughs as it takes about three replays to unlock everything. There are objects and paths that have elemental barriers, and given that some of the elemental skills are unlocked later in the game, retreading older areas can only be accomplished through a New Game+.

http://www.gamezone.com/previews/20...rra-hands-on-preview-retaining-platinum-s-dna

Feeling good about what makes up the content of this the more I read.

hope this leads to more "Avatar" games.

someone said it in another thread, but an Avatar based RPG would be ideal!!

IGN - Check Out the First Gameplay from Platinum Games' The Legend of Korra - Comic Con 2014

First I heard of the $14.99. Good, I can live with that. Shame this isn't coming to the Wii U, so I could get deluxe points for it, but that's how it goes. I'll keep my expectation tempered, since there's no way this game had the kind of budget or time to become God-tier, I believe in Platinum to deliver a great product even with those limited sources.

Packaging? Is there going to be a physical release?

IGN - Check Out the First Gameplay from Platinum Games' The Legend of Korra - Comic Con 2014

that looks pretty good!

I hope this leads to more "Avatar" games.

would be great if they'd make a full fledged action RPG where you can create and customize your own Avatar. Along the way, you get to learn and master the elements and form friendships as you assemble your team of allies.

That's unfortunately probably never going to happen. Companies just don't seem willing at all to put real money behind licenses, much less licenses for animated shows. There will probably never be a true, full scale Avatar or Adventure Time video game. But having an Avatar game developed by one of the great developers of all time, even on a rushed schedule and low budget, is something to be happy about.

I just watched season 2, and saw this game was coming out. I was interested, but I wouldn't get it cause I knew it won't be that great.

.....now I read it's fifteen bucks, I'm def gonna buy.

That's unfortunately probably never going to happen. Companies just don't seem willing at all to put real money behind licenses, much less licenses for animated shows. There will probably never be a true, full scale Avatar or Adventure Time video game. But having an Avatar game developed by one of the great developers of all time, even on a rushed schedule and low budget, is something to be happy about.

south stick of truth, tell-tales from walking dead, fables, back to the future or rock steady batman

south stick of truth, tell-tales from walking dead, fables, back to the future or rock steady batman

this is what GT had to say about it too, they sorta had the same conversation about a full on avatar game

• The Legend of Korra

SDCC 14: Eyes-On

At long last, a good Avatar game! Michael Damiani has sampled the elements from Korra’s current gen debut and his anticipation has grown stronger.
    Views: 21,571 | Posted: 07/29/2014

Last edited:

The Tell Tales games are, I'm fairly sure, fairly modest budget titles, not exactly what I think most refer to as a AAA experience. South Park and Batman are grand exceptions, since you can name dozens of licenses games that suck.

Also, only one of these are an animated series, like I was talking about, and none of them are considered kid's shows (if you wanna stretch, I guess you could say Batman is, but the Arkham games aren't based on a show).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"