• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Lego Dimensions: Skylanders with Legos, Infinity with Everything Besides Disney

That's the one thing turning me off of it. Very expensive. And at least Disney infinity goes on sale very often. In fact the Rise against the empire set is 25 bucks this week at best buy.
The other thing is that the gameplay seems like standard lego. I don't think there's any sort of "free-build" mode. I could very well be wrong, but it seems like a straight up lego game, which I've played many times.
Plus I've heard that these level packs only last 30-60 minutes? Is that true?

My friend has it. Says Simpson pack was over in 15 mins..

two thing with skylanders and the latter article put up today is similar to this thread so..

mqdefault.jpg

[YT]hHquHmhMonk[/YT]
40 views 6 days ago
Going Dark in Skylanders SuperChargers

Like the previous games in the series,
Skylanders SuperChargers has a special Dark Edition that offers darker toy variants with exclusive in-game content.
Marissa has a closer look.

Here's the full show below
EP Daily Full Show – September 21, 2015

Today on EP Daily, we go big with the new King Kong vs Godzilla movie in the Rundown;
we have a behind the scenes look at the heroic new miniseries Heroes Reborn;
Marissa gets her hands on the special Dark Edition of Skylanders SuperChargers;

and an more recent article

source: EPN.tv& GI

My friend has it. Says Simpson pack was over in 15 mins..
Really? Wow, that's pretty sad. It took me 2 or 3 hours to finish the main story for the Infinity Twilight of the Republic set, in multiple sittings. And that's just without the side missions and stuff. There are plenty of side missions, challenges, and places to explore and mess around.
But 30 bucks for a minifigure and even a 1-hour long set just seems like way too much. Especially after paying 100 for the starter pack.

I'm also reading that apparently there's no character unlock at all like previous games, like of minor character who probably won't get a figure (for instance, like the rest of the Mystery Inc crew from Scooby-Doo). I don't know if that's a common thing for these toy-to-life games or not, but I know previous Lego games were always good about having less popular characters. I guess they could still make them, though, if all of the Lego figures are BC with the next game or something and they keep making lines.

Seems right now the reviews and stuff are generally positive, but the buyer response is more mixed because of that as well as the small amount of content each pack gives from what I'm reading. Well, that and I guess it still plays like every other Lego game, so YMMV there haha.

There's no character unlocks? That's the best part of LEGO games, imo. I love unlocking all the extra side characters. Ones that would probably never get made into figures for this game. And if they did, you'd be paying 15 bucks to play as somebody obscure like Black Manta or Velma from Scooby Doo. :p

This is definitely a game I would buy if it wasn't a toys to life game, with such a high price tag. You can buy a brand new full price lego game for 50 bucks, that includes over 100 playable characters.

if Lego fans think 100 bucks is too steep for a Lego game, they can just wait till January 26, 2016 for Lego Marvel Avengers

If you check out Cartwheel, they have a coupon for 35% off all Lego Dimensions starter kits at Target stores. I used it and got a great deal yesterday, but the deal is due today (11/25). Unfortunately, I couldn't get the price match to go along with the coupon, because that employee would only let us pick one. However, I checked online and found out that other people were lucky enough to use both, so I guess it depends on your local Target store.

Target.com has a buy one get one 40% off deal for Cyber Monday right now, and it has free shipping for Lego and $19 and over items as well.

So I picked this up yesterday with Best Buy's sale. Got it for about $38 plus tax after using a $10 certificate.

Any recommendations on character or level packs? I'm trying not to spend too much, but Best Buy's sale, along with GCU make them a reasonable price. I'm currently considering getting Superman tomorrow and the Portal level pack.I'd like the Simpsons pack, but I heard it's fairly short.

From what I hear, most of the level packs are pretty short. I can't say for sure, though.

I finally set up the game and some figures today and I think I'm hooked. I think I'm going to buy a bunch more while they're still on sale at Best Buy.

Just when I though I was done buying figures, they pull me back in!
[YT]LGT9PrwRHdY[/YT]

I don't give a crap about the "new" stupid Ghostbusters.. But Goodies, Gremlins and Sonic? I'm game.

My God, that Adventure Time Lego looks...wrong. What the hell did they do to you, Jake...

I like this game, but man have I spent way too much money on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"