Light Tubes Is Not A Wrestling Thread! - - - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
SD! Replay Tonight
As a reminder, Syfy will be airing a replay of this week's live Smackdown tonight in its usual Friday night time slot.

More Details on WWE No Way Out Concept
The following is the description of the DVD release for WWE's No Way Out PPV, which will be returning in June. The description notes that the PPV will indeed feature cage matches with various stipulations in place to "prevent opponents from escaping:"

After a three year hiatus, WWE No Way Out is back and recharged! The annual pay-per-view that became notorious for its brutal, main event Steel Cage Matches gets reincarnated, but this time the Superstars of WWE will take the thematic event a step further, as they find new and innovative ways to prevent opponents from escaping. All stipulations in place, which may include Lumberjack, Strap, Chain, Steel Cage, Handcuff Matches or more will ensure no respite from the chaos inside the ring.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/253071-more-details-on-no-way-out-concept-sd-replay-tonight

How are they gonna do a lumberjack steel cage match?

SD! Replay Tonight
As a reminder, Syfy will be airing a replay of this week's live Smackdown tonight in its usual Friday night time slot.

The following is the description of the DVD release for WWE's No Way Out PPV, which will be returning in June. The description notes that the PPV will indeed feature cage matches with various stipulations in place to "prevent opponents from escaping:"

After a three year hiatus, WWE No Way Out is back and recharged! The annual pay-per-view that became notorious for its brutal, main event Steel Cage Matches gets reincarnated, but this time the Superstars of WWE will take the thematic event a step further, as they find new and innovative ways to prevent opponents from escaping. All stipulations in place, which may include Lumberjack, Strap, Chain, Steel Cage, Handcuff Matches or more will ensure no respite from the chaos inside the ring.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/253071-more-details-on-no-way-out-concept-sd-replay-tonight

Stupid. If anything the WWE needs to get rid of a few PPV events.

Once again the WWE shows it's utter ******ness.

So...much like JR's great words, "No one wins, you merely survive", lol.

If you survive a beat down after you escape, you're the winner? Haha.

BUT...that does make me want a lumberjack hell in a cell where the lumberjacks are inside the cell as well.

Also, No Way Out means that there is a 100% chance that there will be no divas match.

- Mick Foley commented on traveling for WWE this week:

"1,700 driving miles in 3 days has given me a much clearer image of what I am willing, and NOT willing to do in WWE. Fog is finally lifting."

- WWE's DVD on The Undertaker's WrestleMania Streak that comes out in a few months will be a four-disc DVD and three-disc Blu-ray.

- The feud between Kane and Randy Orton will end at WWE's Extreme Rules pay-per-view. No word yet on what's planned for either Superstar. At last word, Orton wasn't scheduled for a World Heavyweight Title feud until later this year.

Source: F4Wonline.com

- WWE will return to Tokyo, Japan for SmackDown events on August 9th and 10th of this year.

- Here is the synopsis for WWE's $10 DVD on John Cena that's a part of the new Superstars Collection. The Cena DVD comes out with the Zack Ryder DVD on July 3rd:

"Since ascending to the pinnacle of WWE superstardom, John Cena has stared down an endless gauntlet of doubters, haters, as well as the fiercest challengers WWE has to offer, and risen above them all. His determination and resilience have earned him legions of fans, and nothing brings the members of Cenation to their feet more than seeing their hero rise to the occasion inside the squared circle. With this special compilation, relive some of the greatest battles featuring the most popular WWE Superstar of this generation, including matches never-before released on DVD!"

- Rumors are that WWE Diva Layla will return to TV once RAW and SmackDown return from the current overseas tour.

- As seen on Tuesday's live SmackDown special, Kane attacked "Cowboy" Bob Orton Jr. and then attacked his son Randy Orton. WWE's website posted a storyline update saying that both Ortons were taken to a local medical facility on Tuesday night for treatment.

According to the article, WWE Dr. Michael Samson examined them before releasing them Tuesday night. Bob Orton suffered bruising and abrasions and the doctor requested x-rays and possibly an MRI to provide further diagnosis. It was later noted by Josh Mathews that Orton's dad suffered abdominal injuries.

Regarding Randy Orton's injury from the attack, they wrote:

"The onslaught Randy Orton suffered to his back and abdomen, thanks The Big Red Monster’s metal pipe, also left visual bruising and abrasions. With the history of WWE’s Apex Predator’s back problems – including a herniated disc injury that took him out of action – Dr. Samson stressed that every precaution will be taken before a more concrete diagnosis is determined."

RVD's TNA Status
According to PWInsider.com, Rob Van Dam is now back full time with TNA following several months of inactivity. RVD made his return at Impact Wrestling last night and was added to the Lethal Lockdown match at TNA Lockdown. It's being said that going forward, TNA will be pushing RVD as a top star in the company.

Carter Says Changes Are Coming to Impact
While speaking to F4WOnline.com recently, TNA President Dixie Carter noted that a lot of changes are coming to Impact Wrestling, particularly where the presentation of the show is concerned. Carter revealed that she had met with SpikeTV officials the day before, and while she could not reveal any specific details, a transformation will be taking place soon and will include "format changes and new elements." Carter added that the company's focus will be on developing young talent.

As far as Bruce Prichard is concerned, Carter noted that he has returned to work after suffering a small heart attack. Carter said Prichard had lost 31 pounds and was scheduled for heart surgery prior to the heart attack.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/336331124.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/336330139.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/336331722.php
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/253093-rvds-tna-status-carter-says-changes-are-coming-to-impact

Also, No Way Out means that there is a 100% chance that there will be no divas match.

A divas steel cage match.

Would I be the only one interested in that?

- The feud between Kane and Randy Orton will end at WWE's Extreme Rules pay-per-view. No word yet on what's planned for either Superstar. At last word, Orton wasn't scheduled for a World Heavyweight Title feud until later this year.

I honestly stopped caring about this new Kane after his feud with Cena and Ryder. That pretty much destroyed the idea that the Big Red Monster had returned. Kane should've been built up instead of having his first two feuds from return being against two of the top faces of the brand and just lose cleanly to them besides an awful WM match.

Give me Brothers of Destruction one more time though :up:

Love the thread title. :up: Anybody who sees it but isn't a regular here will think we've all gone insane.

Gimmicks on top of gimmicks? Geez.

Not unless it involved Kharma, Beth Phoenix and/or Natalya. But the WWE isn't smart enough to do that.

Kharma and Beth Phoenix for the Divas championship in a steel cage would be miraculous. It could happen if they keep the title around Beth up until then.

The Sage said:
Yeah, and it's WWE's fault. HHH/Taker/HBK are the last of their kind.They came up at a time when wrestlers used to travel the world or go from wrestling federation to federation, honing their craft. Guys weren't just popping out of WWE development farmhouses.

The booking was better. Guys got the chance to show their skills. Each were given proper time to shine. There's no shaky ground or questions about whether these guys are big names or main-eventers. Belts weren't just hotshotted on people like they are now.

It is definitely the end of an era. I've said this before: CM Punk feels like he came out of there era, like he was in wrestling a few years too late.

Throw Jericho's name in there as part of the last breed. It really hit me a couple of days ago when I was rewatching Edge when he announced his retirement last year.

WWE has gotten a little better about hiring a few indie guys and some guys from over seas but they usually get them before they've had enough experience. And you're right they book them like crap. Vince doesn't want anyone looking too strong.

The big leagues also don't have enough older more experienced wrestlers to teach the younger wrestlers. If they get that its usually on the indies and the quality of those guys isn't always the best these days. I mean...Buff Bagwell is considered a veteran to these kids and its not like someone like him has much to teach compared to a Harley Race or Terry Funk.

Bryan and Punk had the advantage of not only wrestling around the country and the world but doing it for years. They were experienced hands at their craft.

Now WWE gets guys fresh on the indies and sends them to their own farm system. Hopefully Triple overhauls it. WWE needs at least 3 different developmental promotions in different parts of the country to send their new talent to.

Gerweck.net

Still feel this was all BS and was going to end this way no matter what his health is.

Gerweck.net again.

Damn shame if she's back to being F'ed up again. Seemed like she did a lot to clean herself up.

Angle was never going to make the Olympics. It was just over the top self promotion. Darth Hogan would be proud.

As for Sunny...you can't always teach an old skank new tricks. I'm not surprised.

Question...a DVD set was put out in the last few years that had Flair/Steamboat's bout from Chi-Town Rumble in 1989. It was the first of their series. Anyone remember what the set was?

I have the 2nd and 3rd matches one of my Flair collections. But not the 1st, and I liked that match the best.

Kharma and Beth Phoenix for the Divas championship in a steel cage would be miraculous. It could happen if they keep the title around Beth up until then.

Chances of that happening though is 0%. Knowing the WWE, if Beth and Kharma meet for the Divas Title (it rages me when the announcers call the divas title "gold" when it's not gold) it'll be a Lumberjill match.

A divas steel cage match.

Would I be the only one interested in that?

Depends on who's in the match.

I honestly stopped caring about this new Kane after his feud with Cena and Ryder. That pretty much destroyed the idea that the Big Red Monster had returned. Kane should've been built up instead of having his first two feuds from return being against two of the top faces of the brand and just lose cleanly to them besides an awful WM match.

Give me Brothers of Destruction one more time though :up:

A one-time reunion would be cool to see.

Can you say... overkill?

Nothing overkill about a steel cage in a steel cage match, lol.

Question...a DVD set was put out in the last few years that had Flair/Steamboat's bout from Chi-Town Rumble in 1989. It was the first of their series. Anyone remember what the set was?

I have the 2nd and 3rd matches one of my Flair collections. But not the 1st, and I liked that match the best.

I think that is on the Greatest Stars of the 80s series. I'd go check my dvd, but I have them holding up some records right now so I'm not screwing with that setup at the moment.

Here, this confrims it. http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?affiliateid=759&id=12891

Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair - NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match - Chi-Town Rumble 2/20/89

Their match from Chi Town Rumble is on the Rise and Fall of WCW dvd set, Sage.

Chances of that happening though is 0%. Knowing the WWE, if Beth and Kharma meet for the Divas Title (it rages me when the announcers call the divas title "gold" when it's not gold) it'll be a Lumberjill match.

That's it. I'm calling for a lumberjill hell in a cell match between Khama and Beth for the Divas title, haha. That would be insanely awesome, imo.

And yah, the title being called "gold" is ignorant, but what's more stupid than that is the title just being called the Divas championship. I hate that change.

A one-time reunion would be cool to see.

I wouldn't mind seeing that pair against a team under Johnny Ace, if he finally forms a stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"