Locke & Key

Funny how they made Duncan gay, but then conveniently have his partner leave the country so they don't actually have to show it... :whatever: (same with
Scot's new friend who's barely a character
)

Last edited:
Not surprised given the kid who plays Bode is growing up fast and Kinsey was just in Academy Awarding film Coda.

Started this recently while trying to get some work done so the slow early pace worked well for that. Wasn't expecting to like it too much but it's growing on me as it gets further into it. Also enjoyed reading the history (in this thread) of how this was first proposed more than a decade ago and went through a lot of troubles before finally getting a release.

Damn, this is a lot more sinister than I’d imagined. I’d thought it was a light fantasy Narnia type thing. :D

Did Covid affect the production of season 3? Everything just feels so small. Most of the episodes take place at the house, the cast seems to be smaller, no more school stuff, less special effects, etc. Or maybe Netflix just cut the budget for the final season?

I'm glad we got an ending, but the whole thing just seems kind of pointless. We still don't know anything about the monsters and that other world. The captain who was supposed to be like a God was somehow a way weaker villain than Dodge. He just seemed like some random guy... what was the point of the keys? Season 3 feels rushed.

Also weird how they showed Eden's dead body so explicit. I was sure she was coming back because of that, but it never happened. And what about her parents? They just threw her off the cliff, and that's the end of that...

Did Covid affect the production of season 3? Everything just feels so small. Most of the episodes take place at the house, the cast seems to be smaller, no more school stuff, less special effects, etc. Or maybe Netflix just cut the budget for the final season?

I'm glad we got an ending, but the whole thing just seems kind of pointless. We still don't know anything about the monsters and that other world. The captain who was supposed to be like a God was somehow a way weaker villain than Dodge. He just seemed like some random guy... what was the point of the keys? Season 3 feels rushed.

Also weird how they showed Eden's dead body so explicit. I was sure she was coming back because of that, but it never happened. And what about her parents? They just threw her off the cliff, and that's the end of that...

I would assume they cut the budget. All those keys and only like 3 were used?

This is just one of those shows like a lot of Netflix shows that honestly peaked at Season 1. I'm not saying the later seasons aren't worth watching but they definitely felt like they were missing something compared to the first season and I guess that could have a lot to do with the lack of budget.

It's a shame because I really felt like the series had potential in the beginning if they focused more on the fantasy stuff and the worldbuilding and hopefully this isn't a sign of what's to come if Netflix decides to cut corners like this with The Sandman if that even gets more seasons which I hope it does.

So... Did the Locke kids been that dumb in the comics, too?
Anyway the last season was a bit disappointing, though the 2nd season wasn't great, too.
The finale was too long and...
What did happend to Dodge body in the end? Is it still under Bode's bad?

So... Did the Locke kids been that dumb in the comics, too?
Anyway the last season was a bit disappointing, though the 2nd season wasn't great, too.
The finale was too long and...
What did happend to Dodge body in the end? Is it still under Bode's bad?

Well about
Dodge... her body was sent back in time when the hourglass ran out. They probably should've filmed something, or at least mention that the body was gone. They did explain the hourglass, but it was weird how nobody talked about it after. (To make it clear for the audience)

I binged all of season 1 and am into season 2. It’s kind of addictive, way more so than I expected.

Finished this today. :)

A very good final season, I thought they left things nicely wrapped up. No loose ends.

I’ve finished season 2 and will binge season 3 likely tomorrow. Still unexpectedly loving this show. I only put it on as I thought I’d be able to get work Simone during it - was only mildly interested and thought it was going to be a lot cheesier. Instead I’ve totally fallen for it lol.

Damn you Body! You just couldnt keep away from the annoying child trope could you?
He was always kind of annoying but the writers really did his character dirty this season. I don't blame the young actor but the material they gave his character really made it hard for me to like him.

They really lean into the naïve kid with zero understanding of consequences architype with Body.

havn't got the the end yet, but, one thing I questioned so far...
the clock key... as Duncan explained it, "anything/anyone taken from the past will disappear" after a certain amount of time (okay makes since, it avoids temporally paradoxes)... Dogde came from the past so I get them disappearing, but shouldn't it been just their body/ghost that disappeared not Bode's body who the ghost happen to be processing at the time? I feel like the scene still would have played out the same, since being removed from Bode's body still would have prevented them from getting close enough to using the the key on Gideon...

havn't got the the end yet, but, one thing I questioned so far...
the clock key... as Duncan explained it, "anything/anyone taken from the past will disappear" after a certain amount of time (okay makes since, it avoids temporally paradoxes)... Dogde came from the past so I get them disappearing, but shouldn't it been just their body/ghost that disappeared not Bode's body who the ghost happen to be processing at the time? I feel like the scene still would have played out the same, since being removed from Bode's body still would have prevented them from getting close enough to using the the key on Gideon...

I questioned the same thing. It didnt make much sense

Blasted through the rest of this on the weekend. They do overuse the bodyswap thing way too much but I still enjoyed it a lot as I like the characters a lot. Don't know if I would say it's high quality TV but I found it very addictive to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"