Comics Loeb and Finch on Amazing?

Red

King Littlefinger
Reaction score
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/index1.htm

Watch Steve Do A Howling Back-Peddle

Not really. This column deals in rumour, speculation, and even gossip (Yay! I win the Redundancy Award for the day! Thank you, thank you). Even though I try to remain consistent, it could be that one instalment I may tell you something and the next I could be contradicting myself. This is one of those moments. See, new information I’ve come across points to Jeph Loeb and David Finch taking over Amazing Spider-Man after their work on Civil War – Fallen Son: Spider-Man. Yet another source told a gnome of mine that the team of Loeb and Finch is “RED HOT”… which is supposed to hint at what’s in the cards for them.

Do I retract my previous reports that Ed Brubaker or Brian Reed will take over writing duties on ASM once JMS leaves the title? Nope. Oh, I’m cheap, aren’t I? I’m just throwing everyone’s name out there, yeah? Honestly, I’m just publicly saying that my eggs are not all in one basket and never really were. Don’t you Spidey fans worry, I’ll keep close tabs on this and maybe I can get something more solid before New York Comic-Con. No promises, sadly.

Honestly I'd prefer Brian Reed over Loeb.

I like Loeb(Big fan of Hush), but Finch's art makes me want to throw up :csad:

And does Brubaker really need another comic book to write??? It's like the guy's competing with Bendis

What if it's Loeb and Campbell, and this is that big project they're working on? I'd like that.

O god, not Finch. Please not finch. (His art pisses me off. It's not bad, but it'll be late.) Doesn't even matter, gave up Amazing already.

What if it's Loeb and Campbell, and this is that big project they're working on? I'd like that.

So would I.

We've hardly heard a thing about this since it was announced.

Loeb...Brubaker...Reed....

I'll be estatic if ANY of them are chosen! :wow: :up:

why does everybody hate Finch? his art on New Avengers and Ultimate X-men was tha bomb! I love his style, it reminds me of jim lee's style a little. I would love for him to do amazing.

if amazing could be on time i'll take almost anyone writing it or drawing it except ramos who use to draw the peter parker vol 2...looked like sh* t

I like Loeb, but finch does so much, Im not a fan of his art. Good thing he usually doesnt stay on books long.

What happened to classic comic art?

I miss classic art, like from the 70's and 80's. I want it back.:csad:

This team would suck ass. Its one thing if Loeb writes (is he the new Bendis at Marvel now?), but completely another if trash like Finch does the art. His faces look like utter crap.

Loeb...Brubaker...Reed....

I'll be estatic if ANY of them are chosen! :wow: :up:
Personally, I think there'd be a better than even chance that I might consider picking up Amazing again if Brubaker started writing. The guy's great.

But he already has too much on his plate.

Wow, wow, i really dont understand why everybody hates Finch, i love the way he draws faces, especially during action scenes. The faces have so much anger and emotion, but i dunno i guess it depends on taste really, but i dont see why everyone's calling his art "trash", far from it. His run on Ultimate X-Men was awesome, and i loved the new avengers stuff, my only complaint is that he draws Spidey too scrawny, he looks like a wimp. If he does Amazing he would have to kick it up a notch.

His art is to dark for me. Then again, that could be the colorist's fault.

I like Loeb, and he's shown in the past he at least has some grasp of the character, Finch I'm less enthusiastic about - Too many sucking on lemon faces

Like others Finch does not rock my world.
I would love Loeb/Dodsons on ASM, that would rule.

Well maybe the Loeb/Campbell run is an ASM run, I think it would coincide with JMS leaving. I don't mind Loeb on a Spidey title, but I hate Finch's work and wouldn't come on board for it.

Loeb is amazing, such a good writer, Im v happy if this is true and will actually buy amazing again for the 1st time in 10 years

I'm really not sure how to feel about Loeb. He's written some of the best comics ever, of course, but he's really been slipping lately. I really hope it was just a dry spell, rather than a total loss of his quality.

Finch I really only like on dark, moody titles like MK. So yeah, I'm not too happy about that.

I'm really not sure how to feel about Loeb. He's written some of the best comics ever, of course, but he's really been slipping lately. I really hope it was just a dry spell, rather than a total loss of his quality..

Well, his son passed away about a year ago, iirc, so im sure he's still quite mentally and emotionally distracted...:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"