• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Logan Logan Box Office Prediction Thread

Origins and The Wolverine were in theaters for 19 weeks. Logan is at the start of week 5. $220M is a lock. It'll finish around $226M. $230 isn't even out of the question... though very slim.

Origins and The Wolverine were in theaters for 19 weeks. Logan is at the start of week 5. $220M is a lock. It'll finish around $226M. $230 isn't even out of the question... though very slim.

Yeah, it made 1.8 M on Friday and is predicted to make 6.7 M over the weekend. It'll probably pass X2 sometime next week.

Been a little dead in here lately, so I thought I'd offer and update:

Domestic: $205 million (before Friday estimates); with Friday estimates: $207 million, $571 million WW.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=wolverine2017.htm

Deadline predicting a $6.7 million weekend for a $212M domestic gross so for. This will push it past ORIGINS domestic gross when adjusted for inflation and will pass X2's domestic gross by sometime next week (most likely Wednesday).

http://deadline.com/2017/03/ghost-i...-and-the-beast-weekend-box-office-1202056616/

So yes, $220M+ domestic is very likely at this point.
Just to repost

Overall, a pretty solid performance.

Barring the exception from that nutty kid who eventually somehow got himself/herself banned, it's performing roughly in the range of what everyone here thought it was going to do after experiencing it's first two weeks out.

I'd say "pretty solid" is an understatement. It will end up as the No. 2 R-rated CBM behind Deadpool (it passed 300 last weekend) and likely as the No. 9 R-rated movie of all time overall. A smash? No, but a bonafide hit in my book.

The movie will end with a great number. Nobody has any right to be disappointed. I guess it's legs are pretty short for such a critically acclaimed Superhero film but that's just par for the course for the X-Men series.

Last edited:
The market has been incredibly crowded this month too, so that cut into it a lot. But considering what it actually cost to make and the kind of profit it's turned in, it's been very successful for Fox.

Yeah if it would have opened somewhere where it wasn't crowded like august I think the film would have performed quite differently

For a grim R-rated film with no 3D and opening in one of the most competitive months ever, I'm surprised it reached 500 mil, let alone 600 mil world wide.

You would think after 17 years people would have Wolverine/Xmen fatigue by now. This has actually over performed.

For a grim R-rated film with no 3D and opening in one of the most competitive months ever, I'm surprised it reached 500 mil, let alone 600 mil world wide.

You would think after 17 years people would have Wolverine/Xmen fatigue by now. This has actually over performed.

People will never get tired of the X-Men, they are just too Epic.

For me, in my opinion the X-Men is the best comic book ever made, the best team, best at everything. I like DC and Avengers and Spiderman but I don't really follow them by reading their comic books. I only read the x-men comic books.

Now back on topic. There is a great chance of Logan surpassing X-Men 2 at the domestic box office this weekend.

People will never get tired of the X-Men, they are just too Epic.

For me, in my opinion the X-Men is the best comic book ever made, the best team, best at everything. I like DC and Avengers and Spiderman but I don't really follow them by reading their comic books. I only read the x-men comic books.

Now back on topic. There is a great chance of Logan surpassing X-Men 2 at the domestic box office this weekend.

It will pass it. It's already at $214M domestic. It's behind X2 by less than $1M. It'll pass it today and may end at around $220M domestic.

Probably 400-500. As great as the movie was I think it may struggle a bit more with the repeat viewings that something like Deadpool probably enjoyed.

Happy to be wrong, the movie is approaching 600. Great movie, deserved, and over-achieved in my book.

Not a huge milestone, but Logan has officially crossed $220 million.

Also, Happy Easter!

Logan is now the 4th X-men movie at the Domestic box office in the US, and at Third place in the WW x-men series.

At this point, with only a couple of weeks until the blockbusters start rolling in, it will get close to $625M, but
I doubt it will crack it.

I guess it didn't make any more $ internationally this weekend

Nah,just takes a little later in the day to get international numbers updated. Now at $603 million WW.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=wolverine2017.htm

I was just getting ready to quote my previous post mine and share this.

So never mind :D. And congrats on LOGAN joining the $600M worldwide club. I wish I knew where to find the top 10 grossing R-Rated films worldwide. I can find top 10 domestic; just not worldwide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"