Logan Logan Box Office Prediction Thread

It should also pass Passion of the Christ once it opens in Japan.

I was just getting ready to quote my previous post mine and share this.

So never mind :D. And congrats on LOGAN joining the $600M worldwide club. I wish I knew where to find the top 10 grossing R-Rated films worldwide. I can find top 10 domestic; just not worldwide.

Just eyeballing the WW numbers from the top 10 domestic list, it looks like it will finish third behind Deadpool and Matrix Reloaded WW.

Surprised it's still doing so well.

It's no longer playing anywhere around me, it didn't have the pop culture appeal of Deadpool, and its grim tone and finality don't exactly make it rewatchable.

Patrick Stewart's presence no doubt was a major contribution here, giving some of the gravitas he brought to DoFP and other instalments.

It's still showing at my local Cinemark but it looks like Thursday is the end.

It's no longer playing anywhere around me, it didn't have the pop culture appeal of Deadpool, and its grim tone and finality don't exactly make it rewatchable.

Patrick Stewart's presence no doubt was a major contribution here, giving some of the gravitas he brought to DoFP and other instalments.

Patrick and Hugh are both big draws for these X-Men movies especially if they are marketed as the leads. Too bad future X-Men movies that won't feature Deadpool won't have them or at least Patrick.

Patrick and Hugh are both big draws for these X-Men movies especially if they are marketed as the leads. Too bad future X-Men movies that won't feature Deadpool won't have them or at least Patrick.

Who needs Deadpool in other X-Men movies when Ryan is pretty much Deadpool without the costume in his mother movies such as The Hitman's Body Guard

I'm not surprised. Logan is still playing at all major cinemas in my area at least 3-4 times per day, and I have to disagree about it not being rewatchable. I've seen it more than 5 times and several colleagues and friends have seen it at least twice and they aren't even huge X-Men fans. Every person I've spoken to in my every day life loves the movie. The only people I've observed not liking the movie were online.

Also, wouldn't you say this being Hugh Jackman's last time playing Wolverine is probably also a major contributing factor here? I agree that Patrick Stewart's presence was a major contribution to people seeing Logan, but many people I've talked to who went to see it didn't even watch the trailer or know Patrick was in it. They went to see it because they heard it was Hugh Jackman's last time putting on the claws.

logan has made per box office mojo 607 million ww.it's third highest grossing film ww in series.unadjusted domesticly it's 4th with 225 million behind deadpool,the last stand,and DOFP.if you adjust for inflanation it's 6th behind deadpool,original triloly,and dofp.

intresting thing is logan has still done less in foregin box office than apocalypse.apocalypse did 388 million overseas while logan has done 381
million ww.

Logan is yet to open in Japan, I think.

Logan is yet to open in Japan, I think.

cool.very unusual it's on digital and this week will hit blu ray and dvd yet it's still hasn't opened in same terroritys.so it may rise after japan.

Well looking at past numbers, more likely it'll be between $7-$9 million in Japan

It's off to a weak start in Japan, but sounds like it will at least have enough gas to get past Passion.

01 (01) ¥287,000,000 ($2.6 million), -18%, ¥10,325,000,000 ($91.5 million), Beauty and the Beast (Disney) WK7
02 (---) ¥175,000,000 ($1.6 million), 0, ¥225,000,000 ($2.0 million), Logan (Fox) NEW

>Logan had a pretty disappointing start on Friday, and its weekend business isn't looking much better. It's unlikely to reach even ¥200 million over the weekend frame itself, which will make reaching the ¥1 billion ($10 million) milestone rather difficult. However... the X-Men franchise hasn't been performing well as of late (despite the growth seen by most other superhero series'), and it might come in above some of its recent predecessors, so... there's that silver-lining.

http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55322&start=8950

I don't know if this is the final numbers but this is the most up to date one and should be close to final numbers.

In Release: 112 Days Domestic - 133 Days Worldwide (Late Japan Release)

Opening Weekend: $88,411,916

Total Domestic Gross: $226,277,068

Total International Gross: $392,127,850

Total Worldwide Gross: $618,404,918

http://pro.boxoffice.com/movie/25329/logan

The 3rd Highest Grossing R-Rated Movie of All Time behind Deadpool and The Matrix Reloaded.

According to the poll, considerable amount of people had a nice guess and the most voted option won. 20% of the voters were overly optimistic and 51% of the voters were overly pessimistic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"