Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars

I always wanted this matchup between these two.
Star Wars all the way.
:boba:

LOTR is probably one of my top favorite trilogies.

But Star Wars is the iconic movie that paved the way for everything else.

Star Wars, it's not even close.

so basically, the rule is.....if it comes first, it's automatically better? that's what some of the posts here read like.

I prefer Empire to A New Hope so, no. :)

But, I grew up with Star Wars, and in terms of effect and being embedded in our culture, LOTR can't really touch that.

Well Rings came first unless Lucas wrote Star Wars in the 30's which i am sure he didn't.
But Star Wars no question is the greatest Science Fiction film ever created.
And many will say i am wrong but when it was made Star Wars was a sci-fi movie not fantasy.
Indiana Jones is The Best Action Movie Trilogy ever made. It too is a top trilogy often ignored to these two franchises.
Pirates is the best Supernatural trilogy saga made in resent years but in my own opinion which is that my own opinion LOTR is the greatest trilogy ever written or made and pawns all other trilogies since its creation to film.
I grew up on Star Wars and liked the Prequel films too but Rings and The Hobbit was my inspiring beliefs as a child by wanting to write.
So when i saw Rings in film form done by someone who gave great care too it the films shot up to my favorite trilogy.
I have the extendeds so length didn't bother me cause hey thats what teh stop or pause button is for.
Thats a lazy excuse for not liking them for Harry Potter and Pirates were tailbone breakers too.
Will it be thE greatest trilogy of all time too me. With Potter , Batman Begin reboot and Narnia unfinished who knows?

It just seems with every new movie, LOTR, Matrix, even Pirates, everyone is looking for the Star Wars of this generation. The fact that they are referencing Star Wars, should be an indication.

I think when most movies get into the Trilogy mark, they feel the need to compare.

Lord of the Rings has better acting, dialogue, scripts, and action than both Star Wars trilogies combined. i would even go so far as to say it had better music also.

Star Wars will always be awesome, but even Star Wars drew influence from the Lord of the Rings books.

Agreed 100%.:up:

It just seems with every new movie, LOTR, Matrix, even Pirates, everyone is looking for the Star Wars of this generation. The fact that they are referencing Star Wars, should be an indication.

all that's true...but i feel that just because Star Wars did it FIRST doesn't mean they did it BEST. i love Star Wars and i'll always be a life-long fan, but more heart and love went into making Lord of the Rings and it shows.

yeah, a lot of hard work and heart did go into LOTR, too bad they were as boring as an old man sitting on a park bench.

all that's true...but i feel that just because Star Wars did it FIRST doesn't mean they did it BEST. i love Star Wars and i'll always be a life-long fan, but more heart and love went into making Lord of the Rings and it shows.

I love LOTR, I have the DVDs even one of the action figures.

I think Star Wars even though it was a different time has and will have a far more reaching appeal.

And for as good as I think LOTR is, I still put it behind Star Wars and even Indiana Jones but even as my #3, I think it's in good company.

yeah, a lot of hard work and heart did go into LOTR, too bad they were as boring as an old man sitting on a park bench.
rinse and repeat......come back when you have something to say other than that LotR was boring. just because something actually requires a viewer to pay attention and isn't a.d.d. friendly doesn't mean it's boring...

I think Star Wars even though it was a different time has and will have a far more reaching appeal.
once again...agreed, but also...i, personally, don't think that just because one thing is more appealing to a wider audience that necessarily makes it a better product. more popular? of course...but not necessarily BETTER. it's no secret that Star Wars is more popular and more appealing than LotR, but does that make it better? not in my book...

I'll always think Star Wars is the better trilogy than LOTR, whether it's because of nostalgia or I like the characters more, or I like the themes better, the musical score, the special effects. Star Wars will always win out with me.

Hey I don't have a.d.d., I just couldn't get into to them. The fellowship was interesting, two towers, was pretty good, but return of the king couldn't catch my attention I really just wanted it to end.

That and I believe Star Wars is more of a science fiction film and LOTR is more fantasy and stuff. I more of a Science fiction person.

I think when most movies get into the Trilogy mark, they feel the need to compare.

G.I. Joe really could have been the Star Wars of this generation BUT... they're blowing it.

Hahahaha.

I'm not sure if you are being facetious or not but I find that funnier than when Pirates fans were calling Pirates this generation Star Wars after just DMC. :o

yeah....seriously, there's no way G.I. Joe could've been this generation's Star Wars. if there's any series that had that chance it was Transformers. even though it was successful as hell...TF blew it's chance at being as epic.

Lord of the Rings..is astonishing..I don't think it will ever be matched on a level of epic pwnage.

Star Wars has such a clamp on people's brains these polls really aren't even fair. Sad, really.

Back To The Future ftw!

Sad? You make it sound like Star Wars is some flash in the pan movie.

The first trilogy, while having horrible effects (for this day and age), has a more intriguing story when viewed with the prequel trilogy. LOTR had some good stuff, but I prefer SW to LOTR in terms of story.

i can watch star wars again and again . i cannot say the same for lord of the rings (which was a remarkable achievement ) lotr is too long for its own good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"