Luke Cage & Iron Fist - HEROES FOR HIRE movie thread

Charlie Hunnam or Ryan Gosling for Iron Fist. :up::up:

I'd rather see this than an individual Luke Cage or Iron Fist film. It'd be like a superhero version of lethal weapon.

Iron Fist can solo, although it gets turned into a fantasy-myth film like the critically acclaimed last comic series. A recipe for disaster if Marvel brand ain't strong enough even though the movie is good.

Cage on the other hand can't solo. At least without a good script, good director and charismatic actor.

It would make a good TV series... This is where Marvel needs to go next. Prime Time TV.

I'm so with you Rich. I think maybe as a live action tv series starring Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Misty Knight, Black Cat, & the Scott Lang incarnation of Ant-Man would be PERFECT. Any ideas of casting?

a heroes for hire tv series would be good. maybe even a punisher one too.

Iron Fist has all the potential for a solo movie. Let me just say these words...Kung Fu Billionaire.

Last edited:
Batman is ninja billionaire, Iron Fist is kungfu billionaire with lightning bolts coming out from his fist.

Iron Fist I could see. THey're even some good choices for casting. Charlie HUnham, Cam Gigadent, maybe even Ray Park

Luke Cage will be alot harder I think he has . I really can't think of an actor who would embody Cage well. I know Idris Elba and Henry Simmons but I can't really see either in the role. Then there is the costume thing, and I think it would be alot harder to right a good script for Cage

But if they do get their stuff together I would love to see a solo film for each and then a Heroes for Hire film

I know he is too old at this point (40)... but Terry Crews was the man for Cage.

"Kung Fu Billionaire" is what Matt Fraction says to describe Iron Fist.

4fvaqq.jpg

Cage will get be in the movies somehow somewhere down the road.

Right now I agree "Heroes for Hire" would play better on ABC Family.

Jeph Loeb's quote was in reference to using them in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon on Disney, though.

Keep in mind this project [Ultimate Spider-Man] started almost three years ago and at the time we were looking forward to who might be the next big characters, the next big franchises. Just like we just announced Guardians of the Galaxy, we are certainly looking at the Heroes for Hire franchise which is Luke Cage and Iron Fist and Nova is very important to us; he happens to have a new comic book series starting in February which is oddly enough written by me. And White Tiger is, again, a character we just saw real possibility with. And of course each character had to have a unique voice and have their power sets to complement each other. The costumes need to be distinct enough from each other so you recognize them even in motion. We wanted a superteam that kids and families could look at and look up to, relate to.

But I like the fact that he said that they're "certainly looking" at Heroes for Hire, and that Nova is "very important" to them. With any luck, they might qualify for movies or TV soon.

I'd rather it be a movie. I don't want Danny, and certainly not Cage considered B-Grade heroes.

I could see Ryan Gosling now, since he's a Hollywood darling now.. we'll see..

I'd rather see an Iron Fist solo film. Immortal Iron Fist was just too cool and awesome not to use as a source. They could do a Heroes for Hire movie partnering Luke Cage with the Daughters of the Dragon or Shang-Chi or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"