Heroes For Hire should be made

Joker's Lackey

Civilian
Reaction score
I really want to see this. Wonder what are the chances of Marvel doing a HFH movie? Does anyone else see this as a movie?

What I would like to see is Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, White Tiger and Colleen Wing be the main cast, the rest of the cast can vary from movie to movie. I have no idea who can be the villains.

The casting Choice
Iron Fist - Tomas Jane or Daniel Craig
Shang Chi - Donnie Yen
Luke Cage - Rob Brown
Misty Knight - Yaya DaCosta
Colleen Wing - Rinko Kikuchi
White Tiger - Dania Ramirez

Thoughts?

There's been talk over the years about solo movies for both Iron Fist and Luke Cage. Sweet Christmas, put them together in a "HFH" movie!

With the talk of Luke Cage and Iron Fist movies seemingly going nowhere I really don't get why they don't just put the two together and make a movie out of that. Do we have to wait for Marvel to get the characters back for anything to be done? DOES Marvel have these characters back?

Ving Rhames really was Luke Cage but he's old now so I'm gonna have to go with (if you'll accept a height change) Michael Jai White.

20070704-michael-ja-iwhite-2.jpg

Jensen Ackles for Iron Fist

normal_SR0483_SN2-1466r.jpg

Shang Chi is easily Donnie Yen though. I've always wanted this guy for The Cat (I like Yen more as the bad guy) but if he doesn't appear then Shang Chi it is.

donyen4.jpg

I am also digging the rest of your choices. :up:

I really want to see this. Wonder what are the chances of Marvel doing a HFH movie? Does anyone else see this as a movie?

What I would like to see is Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, White Tiger and Colleen Wing be the main cast, the rest of the cast can vary from movie to movie. I have no idea who can be the villains.

The casting Choice
Iron Fist - Tomas Jane or Daniel Craig
Shang Chi - Donnie Yen
Luke Cage - Rob Brown
Misty Knight - Yaya DaCosta
Colleen Wing - Rinko Kikuchi
White Tiger - Dania Ramirez

Thoughts?

Rob Brown for Luke cage? Are u sure about that? cause to me he has nothing in common with Luke cage!

As for Iron fist it would be great to have a real martial art like Ray park but its just a detail.

I don't like the idea of MJW as Cage. MJW's strength as an actor is his martial arts ability. But Cage isn't a martial artist, he's a massive bruiser.

Henry Simmons (NYPD Blue, Shark) IMHO is the best choice right now for Cage. He's a solid actor, and at 6'4, he's very close to Cage's listed height (6'6") and Simmons is in great shape.

0000025745_20060921200911.jpg

I'd get Aunjanue Ellis (Undercover Brother, Ray) as Misty Knight.

220px-Aunjanueellis.jpg

That's the name I was looking for. That guy would make a great Luke Cage. Just grow out the goatee. He'd have to act pretty ghetto though because Luke Cage IS and always has been the token black guy at Marvel since the 70s. I wouldn't be surprised if he threw around the N word a lot. He may be offensive but he's Luke Cage and someone's gotta get him right. Now it's character's like Falcon and Black Panther that are pretty well mannered.

dude ray park as iron fist. Gotta be. And for luke cage just find a huge black dude with attitude.

Uhh...no. On both counts.
ok then get whoever you want for luke cage. I'm just sayin Ray Park would be a terrific Iron Fist and I am a man what stands by his convictions. Persuade me? Why no ray park?

ok then get whoever you want for luke cage. I'm just sayin Ray Park would be a terrific Iron Fist and I am a man what stands by his convictions. Persuade me? Why no ray park?

Well Park might be good after some intensive acting lessons.

Luke Cage SHOULDN'T be a black dude with an attitude?

Matt Mortem seemed to think any random big black dude would suffice. I disagree. Call me crazy, but I like good acting to go with my action. Put me in the Henry Simmons for Cage camp.

Here's an idea. How about a "trilogy". Luke Cage, followed by Iron Fist, and then Heroes for Hire to end it. Luke Cage can be about a thug who gets a second chance and decides to help out his community by becoming a hero for hire while Iron Fist can pretty much be a straight adaptation of the current arc with the secret of his family and the tournament. Bring it all together in Heroes for Hire where Luke Cage has fallen on hard times so they team up to fight some big deal villain team up like Silvermane and The Steel Serpent or something.

come on why not him? :grin:

powermanx.jpg

Man, that costume should definately be modernized. Give him some heavy blue jeans, some light colored Tims, a black t-shirt, a yellow winter jacket, a beanie, and a chain.

That costume made sense in the 70s/80s and all but even then it didn't look cool. Very nice manip though. :up:

Actually for Heroes for Hire I was thinking that Luke Cage and Iron Fist can start out fighting each other. Maybe Silvermane hires Cage to protect him from Iron Fist whom he convinces is evil and is actually Danny Rand trying to forcefully take over his company. This is of course Silvermane just trying to get Iron Fist out of the way so that he can take over his company to do whatever the hell it is that he wants to do.

Supposedly Tyrese Gibson from 2Fast 2 Furious is attached to the Luke Cage movie. This early on anything can happen though.

Here's an idea. How about a "trilogy". Luke Cage, followed by Iron Fist, and then Heroes for Hire to end it.

You could really stretch it to four, IMHO, because after an HFH, you could always introduce the Daughters of the Dragon in a followup.

Morris Chestnut can work actually. Portman I'm not so sure about...Kind of...generic. I was thinking Jewel Staite who in my opinion fits the character much more.

Jewel_Staite.jpg

Here's an idea. How about a "trilogy". Luke Cage, followed by Iron Fist, and then Heroes for Hire to end it.

This is interesting idea and would probably work out really well, but I am holding out for an Iron Fist movie more like the current arc in Invincible Iron Fist about the martial arts competition and the crazy characters involved in the tournament. Just something different from the ordinary superhero storyline. I fear that if they try to set up a trilogy with Cage then Fist then H4H, they might try to sync up the tones and styles when the tournament arc needs a totally different tone from whatever Cage is doing (most likely)

As far as casting Morris Chestnut for Luke Cage is a great idea, and Jewel Staite could work pretty well. As for Iron Fist, I find it very difficult to cast him. I am not very confident in Ray Parks actual acting ability. I think it might be worth it to not cast a martial artist.

appearance wise that Henry Simmons guy is the perfect casting choice

I like Henry Simmons for Cage. But i think Morris Chestnutt and Jensen Ackles would make a great combo.
Just don't give the role of Cage to some no-talent rapper (step away from the script 50 Cent!) or a Wayans.

This is such an obvious film for Marvel to do that I can't see it not turning up on their slate of films sooner rather than later.
I'm sure some imaginative writer can find a way to link Cage's origin to Fist's in the movie.
But Shang-Chi shouldn't be in it! The Master of Kung-Fu should be a film on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"