Cast The Daughters of the Dragon movie

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
Who would you cast for a Daughters of the Dragon movie?

Misty Knight
&
Colleen Wing

also from their H4H stint add to the cast

Tarantula (Maria Vasquez)
&
Black Cat (Felicia Hardy)

detail.jpg

You'd probably want cameos from Power Man & Iron Fist, although they have their own thread, this one is for the Daughters alone.

Last edited:
Misty- Sanaa Lathan
Colleen- Maggie Q
Felicia-Minka Kelly
Tarantula- Michelle Rodriguez

Kerry Washington - Misty
Dichen Lachman - Colleen
Amber Heard - Black Cat

Good choices....I'd prefer Amber Heard to Minka Kelly for Felicia.

Why isn't this movie being made?!?!?! Four multi-ethnic hotties in kung fu action is a no-brainer....if Charlie's Angels can get greenlighted for a big feature AND a sequel AND a reboot TV series, then why the hell isn't DOTD at the top of somebody's agenda? :argh:

Misty- Sanaa Lathan
Colleen- Maggie Q
Felicia-Minka Kelly
Tarantula- Michelle Rodriguez

Misty Knight - Yaya DaCosta - Sanaa Lathan isn't dark enough. Misty is dark chocolate. She also needs the big Cleopatra Jones 'fro!
Colleen Wing - Maggie Q is good.

Black Cat (Talulah Riley) and Tarantula should be saved for sequels.

The first movie should be origins and Misty and Colleen becoming friends and starting their PI business together. The can add more dynamics in sequels.

I'll take a crack at it

Misty knight- Rutina wesley or Megalyn Echikunwoke

Colleen Wing- Grace park or Gianna jun

Felicia hardy- amber heard or Yvonne Strahovski

Tarantula- Eva Mendes or Genesis Rodriguez

I'll take a crack at it

Misty knight- Rutina wesley or Megalyn Echikunwoke

Colleen Wing- Grace park or Gianna jun

Felicia hardy- amber heard or Yvonne Strahovski

Tarantula- Eva Mendes or Genesis Rodriguez
Nice, I'll take the bold and Dichen Lachman as Colleen Wing

Although Rutina would be fantastic too.

Last edited:
Yes! Amber Heard for Felicia Hardy! Devon Aoki for Colleen Wing.

Completely agree on Megalyn Echikunwoke as Misty, might I add she's SPLENDID on House of Lies.

Completely agree on Megalyn Echikunwoke as Misty, might I add she's SPLENDID on House of Lies.

what is House of Lies?

in any case, this would be a good movie or TV project.. no one's powers need super-special FX, they can have lots of human thugs and street level crime boss villains.. doesn't have to be a huge-budget affair.. they can cast good character actors rather than blowing $20 million on one personality..

It's a show on Showtime, lets just she's a bit more liberated on the show. :cwink:

Wow lots of great options here, making up one foxy looking cast. Kind of confirms the need for this movie.

Why isn't this movie being made?!?!?! Four multi-ethnic hotties in kung fu action is a no-brainer....if Charlie's Angels can get greenlighted for a big feature AND a sequel AND a reboot TV series, then why the hell isn't DOTD at the top of somebody's agenda? :argh:

Have to agree, another group that fits the mold, and could work as a parallel running movie or tv show to the Daughters of the Dragon , is their crouching brethren The Sons of the Tiger - There's a post for them going here if anyone's interested - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=376273
Can we get them fan-cast too,

Last edited:
awesome designs.. :)

to me, the only potential problem with involving black cat is if Sony calls themselves laying claim to her as a co-villain in a future spider-man film (I don't see Felicia being used by herself).. especially since Catwoman is featured in Dark Knight Rises (and if/when the film is successful), I can see some Sony execs giddy at the prospect of having their shot at creating the same 'vibe' in a sequel (she's sexy! she's a thief! she dresses like a cat! potential spinoff! we can't miss!).. at the same time, I can see a director, unless they're a super-fan of felicia, initially balking at such a bandwagon-hop, but alas, just like Sony wanted Venom in Spidey 3... So let's hope that Columbia becomes content with all male villains..

Yeah, realistically, I'd see Black Cat showing up eventually in a Spider-Man movie, and Misty Knight and Colleen Wing showing up in a Heroes for Hire joint, rather than a movie devoted specifically to the DotD or SotT. Hell, maybe some or all of them will show up in that "aka Jessica Jones" TV show, that's still sitting in development hell at ABC....

awesome designs.. :)

to me, the only potential problem with involving black cat is if Sony calls themselves laying claim to her as a co-villain in a future spider-man film (I don't see Felicia being used by herself).. especially since Catwoman is featured in Dark Knight Rises (and if/when the film is successful), I can see some Sony execs giddy at the prospect of having their shot at creating the same 'vibe' in a sequel (she's sexy! she's a thief! she dresses like a cat! potential spinoff! we can't miss!).. at the same time, I can see a director, unless they're a super-fan of felicia, initially balking at such a bandwagon-hop, but alas, just like Sony wanted Venom in Spidey 3... So let's hope that Columbia becomes content with all male villains..

If the filmmakers know how to market and approach Black Cat properly, nobody would mistake it for Catwoman. The action heroine image is pretty much a cliche now, but a cat burglar is still something you can play with. Since the Spider-Man villains are so different from Batman's I'm sure she can face one of them in movie. Example: Mysterio, Chameleon, the HobGoblin.

Megalyn Echikunwoke is still too light IMO.

I'll stick with Yaya DaCosta... Misty Knight

I challenge someone to find an actress with a better looking 'fro.
antm-yaya13.jpg
yaya-dacosta.jpg

Megalyn Echikunwoke is still too light IMO.

I'll stick with Yaya DaCosta... Misty Knight

I challenge someone to find an actress with a better looking 'fro.
antm-yaya13.jpg
yaya-dacosta.jpg

:wow: OsGom, you've just given me a new fantasy wife.. what all films/TV has she been in? :fhm:

:wow: OsGom, you've just given me a new fantasy wife.. what all films/TV has she been in? :fhm:

She's a Top Model who turned actress and most recently she was in "The Kids are All Right". She was pretty good and got naked in the film which was excellent. She was also in Tron: Legacy and In Time this past summer.

Misty Knight - Yaya DaCosta - Sanaa Lathan isn't dark enough. Misty is dark chocolate. She also needs the big Cleopatra Jones 'fro!

I don't think Sanaa should play her but it has nothing to do with her skintone (all black people have the same skintone in the comics, for the most part), I think they should go with someone younger (not that this movie is ever going to happen, heh heh).

Ok, here's what I got for the two clans.

daughtersofthedragoncas.jpg
Marvel_Daughters_of_the_Dragon_cast-1.jpg

Daughters of the Dragon-

Colleen Wing - Devon Aoki
Misty Knight - Yaya DaCosta
Felicia Hardy (Black Cat) - Alice Eve
Maria Vazquez (Tarantula) - Daniella Alonso

Sons of the Tiger -

Lin Sun *- Chang Chen*
Abe Brown - Nate Parker*
Bob Diamond -Jensen Ackles
Hector Ayala - Adam Rodriguez

Either as a Movie, or now two TV series running concurrently -

Sons%20of%20the%20Tiger%20%20Daughters%20of%20the%20Dragon%20-%20TV%20-%20Movie%20.jpg
[/IMG]

If nothing else this should definitely be a couple of Marvel comics mini-series.

Last edited:
First Forget Black Cat and Tarantula. Start with an origin's film. Let's have Justin Lin direct with Rza doing the music. Have John Byrne and Chris Morgan pen the script. As for the Cast. Really like the Yaya Dacosta as Misty suggestion. For Colleen I would go with Rinko Kikuchi.

Director - Justin Lin
Score - Rza
Writers - John Bryne and Chris Morgan

Misty - Yaya DaCosta http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1861624/
Yaya.jpg

Colleen - Rinko Kikuchi http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0452860/
mrDC_426112.jpg

does yaya and rinko have tweet accounts? folks can start pitching them with comics-images.. they may not even know about the characters..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"