• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Iron Fist The daughters of the Dragon

A buddy cop series with Misty and Colleen would be beyond awesome. Hopefully it'll happen.

I know this is going to be an upopular opinion here but I feel like both Nia Long and Kerry Washington are too old for Iron Fist's love interest. Neither are too old to be a super hero but when you consider that Iron Fist is supposed to be in his 20s, I'm not comfortable with him dating somebody old enough to be his mom.

Yaya Dacosta for Misty Knight

Jaime Chung for Colleen Wing

I know this is going to be an upopular opinion here but I feel like both Nia Long and Kerry Washington are too old for Iron Fist's love interest. Neither are too old to be a super hero but when you consider that Iron Fist is supposed to be in his 20s, I'm not comfortable with him dating somebody old enough to be his mom.

Kerry doesn't seem to age though so I don't think it would be that big a deal. It would be like Amy Adams and Henry Cavill

Naturi Naughton for Misty Knight and Jamie Chung for the Daughters or NOTHING!

Yaya Dacosta for Misty Knight and Janice Man for Colleen Wing!!!

YayaDaCostaFilm.jpg

Janice+Man+Midnight+After+Press+Conference+IDPRHtejggBl.jpg

I'm not sure if misty and colleen should be more in the Luke cage series than the iron fist series. Iron fist has the other immortal weapons plus jeryn and maybe even the older iron fist, can't remember his name (Oswald or something?)

I was assuming (and hoping) the series would at least partially focus on the relationship between Danny and Misty. Maybe not full on Heroes-for-Hire-bionic-arm-kicking-ass-with-Colleen Misty Knight, but she's got to be in the series at some point.

It's funny. When it came to Marvel I was always a huge fan of Daredevil, Cage, Iron Fist and Daughters of the Dragon--and even Jessica Jones to a lesser extent. So I am real excited that this slice of the Marvel mythos is getting the screen treatment. But how do you have Luke, Danny, and Jess and not have Colleen and Misty show up?

Personally, I would like to see dedicated Daughters of the Dragon Netflix series. That would be the crowning jewel for me.

It's weird how a lot of the actresses being fancasted for Colleen Wing are older. Marvel casts their action heroes in their 30s, and with Simone Missick being in her 30s as well, I want a Colleen in that age range too.

We already have our Misty Knight and Hogarth. I'd cast Maggie Q as Colleen Wing and as her father cast... Jackie Chan as Professor Wing. Iron Fist is a wuxia series so you may as well cast some of the actors who are most associated with that genre in smaller roles.

Yeah, I highly doubt they would get Jackie Chan for such a role. Doubt Chan would be interested either.

after redford, close, and douglas? nothing is off limits

if anything i think chan would be interested, he's expressed frustration before in typecasting for action parts in hollywood and wants to do "regular" acting with dialogue, character-building, etc. (part of it b/c he's too old for crazy stuff) netflix would be a great place for it

I don't see Jackie Chan being in a Marvel Netflix show. A Marvel movie I think he would be interested in.

after redford, close, and douglas? nothing is off limits

if anything i think chan would be interested, he's expressed frustration before in typecasting for action parts in hollywood and wants to do "regular" acting with dialogue, character-building, etc. (part of it b/c he's too old for crazy stuff) netflix would be a great place for it
Yeah those were in $200 million movies, not a TV series with a fraction of the budget. Not sure Iron Fist would be one of those regular acting type roles for him.

Well the point still stands. I want to see an old martial arts actor play Professor Wing.

And I also want to see Thunderer played by Bolo Yeung of Sammo Hung. He's also an old Chinese guy who trains elite hand to hand fighters.

We need to honor the old masters here. Iron Fist wouldn't exist without them and it's only fair to offer them a role.

I'm pretty sure whoever they get, there will be talented actors attached. Has the Netflix casting let us down yet?

I don't see Jackie Chan being in a Marvel Netflix show. A Marvel movie I think he would be interested in.

Yeah, that seems like something he'd be more interested in. After all, he did say he'd like to play Iron Man.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/i-want-to-play-iron-man-says-jackie-chan

Well the point still stands. I want to see an old martial arts actor play Professor Wing.

And I also want to see Thunderer played by Bolo Yeung of Sammo Hung. He's also an old Chinese guy who trains elite hand to hand fighters.

We need to honor the old masters here. Iron Fist wouldn't exist without them and it's only fair to offer them a role.

That's like saying Luke Cage wouldn't exist without people like Richard Roundtree or Fred Williamson, so we have to give them parts in his show. And that's clearly not the case. I think Marvel will focus on getting the best actors for the role.

Donnie Yen would be a cool choice, if they could get him.

Yeah, that seems like something he'd be more interested in. After all, he did say he'd like to play Iron Man.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/i-want-to-play-iron-man-says-jackie-chan

That's like saying Luke Cage wouldn't exist without people like Richard Roundtree or Fred Williamson, so we have to give them parts in his show. And that's clearly not the case. I think Marvel will focus on getting the best actors for the role.

I'd be up for Fred Williamson doing a cameo in Luke Cage, even if it's just for Season 2. He's underrated.

Wait... why are people still 'casting' Misty Knight? She has been cast for a while, now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"