Iron Fist Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Edit: Damn double post

Maybe she's playing Brenda Swanson from Iron Fist: The Living Weapon? That would be my first guess.

Hopefully next season improves. I'll be watching.

Yeah I will give next season a shot. Iron Fist S1 was flawed, but it had its good points. I think critics were overly harsh. IMHO even Jessica Jones and Luke Cage had flaws, but they didn't become more apparent until the second half. For Iron Fist it was the reverse. A really weak first half, but a stronger second half.

However, I'm also concerned about Raven Metzner. Can he really take on this show and reverse a lot of the harsh views against it? I loved Sleepy Hollow early on, but the later seasons sort of killed it for me. When did he come on to Sleepy Hollow?

Also, he co-wrote the 2005 Elektra movie.

Raven joined the writing staff in season 2.

Yeah I mean I hope he can acknowledge and see the flaws of the first season and make some course corrections without making things worse for Iron Fist. However, if he's going to take an oblivious attitude toward what didn't work in the first season, it's going to be tough.

IMHO, season 2 of Sleepy Hollow is sort of when the show started getting derailed. It seems they didn't know what to do at all after they killed off Moloch and the show lost direction.

So IMHO it's too early to say if he will be the fix Iron Fist needed.

Hard to imagine it being any worse than the first :sly:
Haha. The main problem was the casting of the lead which obviously won't be changed lol. I liked the guy in GoT but he's not really Iron Fist (in any way). Plus the martial arts was for the most part terrible and unconvincing. That said and for all its faults and it being a far cry from the other Marvel Netflix series, I was still enjoying it and able to get through it pretty quickly. A hell of a lot of room to improve though!

I agree the martial arts in the show was weak in regard to Finn Jones, but he was 100x better in Defenders. I think Iron Fist season 2 will look better with the fighting. That said, I still liked season 1. Oh yeah, it had issues, but it also had many elements I liked.

I agree the martial arts in the show was weak in regard to Finn Jones, but he was 100x better in Defenders. I think Iron Fist season 2 will look better with the fighting. That said, I still liked season 1. Oh yeah, it had issues, but it also had many elements I liked.

From what I've heard Finn Jones had no time to really train before production began and he had to learn the stunts only minutes before having to preform it. The problem wasn't necessarily him but the poor planning and scheduling. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones got by because their fight scenes were never meant to be as acrobatic and intricate. Daredevil got by because the mask made it easier to swap stunt men for longer shots with more impressive stunt work. Hopefully they take the criticism to heart and focus more of the production on the action scenes.

Season one was bad but certainly not beyond saving. Finn Jones is good when he's not brooding or trying to be stoic. But when he's relax, playful, and cocky he does a good job. If they keep the brooding and "serious" moments to a minimum (and have those moments well written) it'll make the character seem a lot less whiny. Keep him more light heart and optimistic, at the very least to make him stand out from the other defenders.

I would like the idea that with the Hand destroyed his parents avenged would bring him a certain amount of peace of mind. Allowing him to be less high strung and more mello.

Synopsis for season 2

In the second season of “Marvel’s Iron Fist,” Danny Rand, The Immortal Iron Fist and Colleen Wing set off on a new adventure as the protectors of Chinatown in NYC – where death, action and surprises await them around every corner.

I hope this means it takes a more stylistic approach. Luke Cage was at its best when it embraced some 70's blacksploitation and I feel like Iron Fist should do the same, only with 70's king-fu movies. The drunken master fight was a rare highlight of season one so they shouldn't be afraid to down that path.

I hope this means it takes a more stylistic approach. Luke Cage was at its best when it embraced some 70's blacksploitation and I feel like Iron Fist should do the same, only with 70's king-fu movies. The drunken master fight was a rare highlight of season one so they shouldn't be afraid to down that path.

Agreed. This show I think was best during that part and the episode where Danny accepts the Hand's challenge and fights their champions. I have rewatched that one a couple times.

That was one of the better episodes last season.

From what I've heard Finn Jones had no time to really train before production began and he had to learn the stunts only minutes before having to preform it. The problem wasn't necessarily him but the poor planning and scheduling. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones got by because their fight scenes were never meant to be as acrobatic and intricate. Daredevil got by because the mask made it easier to swap stunt men for longer shots with more impressive stunt work. Hopefully they take the criticism to heart and focus more of the production on the action scenes.

Season one was bad but certainly not beyond saving. Finn Jones is good when he's not brooding or trying to be stoic. But when he's relax, playful, and cocky he does a good job. If they keep the brooding and "serious" moments to a minimum (and have those moments well written) it'll make the character seem a lot less whiny. Keep him more light heart and optimistic, at the very least to make him stand out from the other defenders.

I would like the idea that with the Hand destroyed his parents avenged would bring him a certain amount of peace of mind. Allowing him to be less high strung and more mello.

Great post. I wholeheartedly agree and very well said

why didn't they give Danny a mask? it'd have been so much easier for the stuntguy to do some of the martial art moves that Finn obviously couldn't.

why didn't they give Danny a mask? it'd have been so much easier for the stuntguy to do some of the martial art moves that Finn obviously couldn't.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-...efenders-will-complete-iron-fist-origin-story

“The thing with all of these shows is not that we’re shy to bring the costumes. It’s that we want them to feel authentic when it does happen,” Jones said. “Danny’s on this journey to understanding what his responsibility is. And throughout all of [Iron Fist] season 1, he was in no state of mind to put a suit on.”

Jones went on the explain that having him cop a costume right from the get go would have been “ridiculous” as he didn’t have the right to put on a superhero costume quite yet.

“He needs to work his sh-t out,” explained Jones. “And certainly by the end of The Defenders, it will feel right.”

http://www.gamesradar.com/netflixs-...ring-his-costume-or-even-a-mask-anytime-soon/

“There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume. Because Danny Rand is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be, so he’s not yet ready to put on a mask or a costume.”

Yeah I will give next season a shot. Iron Fist S1 was flawed, but it had its good points. I think critics were overly harsh.

Agreed. Overall I gave season 1 a 7/10 score.
My scores for the other Netflix shows.
DD S1 9/10
JJ S1 9/10
DD S2 10/10
LC S1 9/10
TD 10/10
TP10/10
So I loved pretty much all of the Netflix shows but Iron Fist I thought was just good/okay. But even those I thought were great I recognized have flaws as well.

Last edited:
Filming started a few weeks ago. Looks like we will see this in early 2019

Hopefully next season improves. I'll be watching.

Scott Buck is planning to have Danny Rand hurt his hand for the whole season that he can't use his Iron Fist. :o

And he'll develop skin allergies so that any costume material or mask will make him itch so that he can't wear one. :o

Scott Buck is planning to have Danny Rand hurt his hand for the whole season that he can't use his Iron Fist. :o

And he'll develop skin allergies so that any costume material or mask will make him itch so that he can't wear one. :o

A season long plot will also be that Rand struggles to pay for a cheese sandwich splitting it up into 10 instalments, 1 for each episode. He forgets his name is Rand and that he has billions in the bank.

so will it have 10 or 13 episodes?

I kinda figure they might need cameos from Luke and DD to help boost fan interest.

They didn't announce Danny would be appearing in Luke Cage season two into well into filming so we probably won't get word on if Luke will show up for a while.

Misty is confirmed for season 2.

I think Daredevil is probably going to continue being slightly less connected to the other Defenders shows in regards to Matt probably not crossing over much to other shows.

J-Money Hogarth and Foggy will probably continue dealing with any legal issues Cage and Fist get into (which makes sense as her male comic counterpart was their business partner and mentor in the comics).

would be better if they combined Iron Fist with Luke Cage for future seasons and called the series with a new name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"