• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth

I still can't decide if I should see this.

I'm genuinely curious as to what would be pulling you at all to see it? I'm assuming you're a big will smith fan? I learned after seeing Total Recall it's sometimes better to go with your gut and not see a potentially horrible film.

Not worth it, I had only a tiny inclination to see this and regretted it before it was even over.

On the other hand, Now You See Me was pretty good.

I'll see this eventually. Just not in the theater

I'm telling you, "Fresh Prince" reboot with Jayden! Money, money, money!

minus the charisma..and the charm of his father. (Burn)

I didn't hate this...it was great visually but it was just boring and lacked consistent acting

Will Smith does not like when his movie opens in anything less than first-place, so much so that we may not be seeing him in a blockbuster any time soon.

The actor we've come to know as a blockbuster staple revealed in a recent interview with Digital Spy that he's considering moving away from big-budget movies. Speaking of "After Earth" Smith said, "It's been an absolute necessity that the movie be a blockbuster, but I think I'm going to start moving out of that and finding more danger in my artistic choices."

The only dangerous artistic choice the Fresh Prince has made of late was the aforementioned "After Earth," which opened at No. 3 this past weekend with only $27 million. In the Digital Spy interview, which apparently took place before the weekend ended, Smith said that his biggest filmmaking fear was, "the movie opening at No. 2."

Well he did Seven Pounds a few years ago. Seems like he means more of those.

MIB3 was the paycheck. AE was for the son IMO.

Probably did more harm than good. Still can't believe he passed up Django Unchained.

Will Smith does not like when his movie opens in anything less than first-place, so much so that we may not be seeing him in a blockbuster any time soon.

The actor we've come to know as a blockbuster staple revealed in a recent interview with Digital Spy that he's considering moving away from big-budget movies. Speaking of "After Earth" Smith said, "It's been an absolute necessity that the movie be a blockbuster, but I think I'm going to start moving out of that and finding more danger in my artistic choices."

The only dangerous artistic choice the Fresh Prince has made of late was the aforementioned "After Earth," which opened at No. 3 this past weekend with only $27 million. In the Digital Spy interview, which apparently took place before the weekend ended, Smith said that his biggest filmmaking fear was, "the movie opening at No. 2."

If he had bothered watching his own movie, he'd know fear is a choice.

Ugh, I mean, i get it, as an actor Will probably wants to flex his artistic muscles a little more but....lately his choices just have not been good. Will is at his best when he's in roles where he gets to play himself. People want to see him be charming and funny and kick ass at the same time. The dark, serious roles just do not fit him at all. If he wants to move away from blockbusters, fine, but I'd rather we had Will do more movies like Hitch as opposed to Seven Pounds.

If he had bothered watching his own movie, he'd know fear is a choice.

lol what now Will Smith? The film opened at #3~!

Are you going to stop throwing your kid at our faces?

Probably did more harm than good. Still can't believe he passed up Django Unchained.

He's scared to take risks. His career has become pretty bland in that process.

Will Smith is so likable and good humored about everything.

I like that. Smith took it very well. He's still the most bankable star in Hollywood.
Agreed. He's in no danger from this.

Hopefully Shyamalan will take most of the fallout. I'm tired of his defenders.

I think Will Smith might need to go back to a frachise to show people hes number 1 Bad Boys 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"