M. Night Shyamalan's 'Reincarnate'.

Paroxysm

Superhero
Reaction score
Media Rights Capital and M Night Shyamalan have set the next thriller to be made under their Night Chronicles banner. And once again, Shyamalan won't be directing. Instead, The Last Exorcism's Daniel Stamm will helm Reincarnate, scripted by Chris Sparling (Buried). Production will begin in 2011, and MRC is producing with Shyamalan. This latest is bout a jury haunted by supernatural forces while deciding the fate of an accused murderer. Today's deal comes on the eve of this weekend's release of Devil, the first pic from Night Chronicles, formed to generate genre films hatched by Shyamalan which he doesn't have to helm
http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/m-night-shyamalan-mrc-bedeviled-with-reincarnate/

So is that M. Night's thing now? "Hatching" movie ideas? If it keep him out of director chair then I'm cool with that. :woot:

This screams of ''Wes Craven Presents." more so than ''Alfred Hitchcock Presents"

I heard The Last Exorcism was a bad film.

I would think people would be happy with this chronicle series since they hate him as a director.

I hate him as a writer more then as a director... but I just hate him because of what he did to the last airbender. I own 4 of his movies, and love them, but the guy has lost his mind. I'm actually a little sad that he gets to take all the credit for these movies, when he isn't even writing or directing them... I got an idea... give me money!

you think this movie will be made? i guess Devil didnt make enough money ?

i actually liked the last exorcism..except the ending (sort of.. i didnt hate it like everyone else) just the main character had a great arc and it didnt really pay of well by just killing him.

it got great reviews from critics too..

btw Devil made 62mil.. it prob only cost like 15mil to make (if even lol) so it did very well.

m night should be doing anything BUT writing films...

M. Night should be doing what he did with Devil. Think up some insane idea and then let someone who hasn't lost his marbles handle it.

M. Night should be doing what he did with Devil. Think up some insane idea and then let someone who hasn't lost his marbles handle it.

Ah yes, the movie where it sprung "from the mind of M. Night Shyamalan". It's more like "ripped off from Agatha Christie's novel, And Then There Were None". :o

Looking forward to this as I really liked Devil and The Last Exorcism as well as Shammy's own work, aside from the truly awful The Happening and Airbender, which I have not seen. Also I heard the third one in this Night Chronicles trilogy is based on the unused script for the Unbreakable sequel.

I actually didn't mind The Happening, I know a lot of people dislike it but I dunno for some reason it just thought it was hella creepy.

Also I heard the third one in this Night Chronicles trilogy is based on the unused script for the Unbreakable sequel.

I don't think there is such a thing as an actual script that was written for an Unbreakable sequel, but he did say that he was going to use the idea for the villan that was to be in the sequel. So, it will be interesting to see what their schtick is, whether they have superpowers or what. I guess they probably will have, given that it'll be a supernatural movie most likely, and he already used the villan without superpowers in the 1st one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"