• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Action-Adventure Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

The MCU reigns in their directors so much it feels almost like a sidenote who directs them these days though. I would also like another Mad Max film but maybe a change of scenery in it? Go to some new places see some new faces.

Gotcha! Well, Thor films tend to film in Australia lately to appease Hems, so if The Wasteland can actually move forward, could always maybe move right into that once Thor 5 is finished filming or vice versa. But it feels like The Wasteland is just stuck there in development hell
I think they have The Wasteland already on the tracks to get it green lit, from my perception of things it seems that they are just waiting to see how Furiosa will perform BO wise to finally give it the go ahead.

From what we know they always had material for 3 movies. FR was the mais focus, then Furiosa had a strong base to go from and The Wasteland was the one that needed more time and polishing but GM seems more than happy to do that next.

Anyways back to the topic at hand. ;)

If someone is interested in continuing that T5 discussion I guess there’s more appropriate places to go on about that…

Sequels - Thor 5 - News

giphy.gif

Ragnarok was great.
Thor 1 was fine and it still holds up.
Thor 2 was meh at best.
Thor 4 was a misfire, a ton of potential and as many missed opportunities.

As far as I’m concerned they are 2 for 2 with the franchise and the character deserves better so I would gladly welcome a T5 and it will eventually be announced, it’s just a matter of time…

You lost me at Ragnarok was great.

FURIOSA A MAD MAX SAGA cast interviews
00:13 Anya Taylor-Joy - Furiosa
04:12 Chris Hemsworth - Dementus
08:06 Tom Burke - Praetorian Jack
10:50 Alyla Browne - Young Furiosa
11:28 Lachy Hulme - Immortan Joe / Rizzdale Pell
14:24 George Shevtsov - The History Man
16:34 Charlee Fraser - Mary Jabassa

Really interesting to hear from the other cast and crew point of view.

FURIOSA A MAD MAX SAGA crew interviews
00:14 George Miller - director / co-writer / producer
05:29 Colin Gibson - production designer
06:20 Tom Holkenborg / Junkie XL - composer
09:38 Doug Mitchell - producer

I hope we get at least one more movie with Max though. I don't mind doing this one about Furiosa's origin but if he does another one I'd love for it to have Max. Whether he can work with Tom Hardy again or it needs to be recasted who knows?

I hope we get at least one more movie with Max though. I don't mind doing this one about Furiosa's origin but if he does another one I'd love for it to have Max. Whether he can work with Tom Hardy again or it needs to be recasted who knows?
We’re heading towards that and yeh Tom Hardy will likely return to reprise the role.

Chinese poster. Furiosa is going to be release over there while FR never did. Hopefully it can click with their audience and generate a good chunck of change for the worldwide box office.

GNik_0RWoAAib-B

Promotion in Thailand.

Can’t wait to see this bat**** crazy character. His costume and look is top notch and that unhinged portrayal should be a treat to witness. Finally CH getting his due. Really happy for him. 👍

*Apologies for the quadruple post.

Last edited:
Not a Furiosa post, but for context, I just watched the very first Mad Max movie for the first time. I greatly enjoyed it, Mel Gibson was great in it, and there was some insane action. But now I'm curious to see the rest of the films because what little I knew of this franchise was based on how big of a deal Fury Road was, and I was surprised to see that the first film is fairly grounded by comparison.

So I'll probably find out through watching, but I'm just curious how the series goes from a fairly grounded film not unlike The Terminator (even compared to its future installments) to where it ends up in Fury Road.

Not a Furiosa post, but for context, I just watched the very first Mad Max movie for the first time. I greatly enjoyed it, Mel Gibson was great in it, and there was some insane action. But now I'm curious to see the rest of the films because what little I knew of this franchise was based on how big of a deal Fury Road was, and I was surprised to see that the first film is fairly grounded by comparison.

So I'll probably find out through watching, but I'm just curious how the series goes from a fairly grounded film not unlike The Terminator (even compared to its future installments) to where it ends up in Fury Road.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with "So I'll probably find out through watching."
But a quick rundown; The first Max Max was set either right before or right after the "apocalypse" or "collapse" occurred, I've read it both ways over the years. The 2nd film in the franchise Road Warrior takes place a bit after that with much more of the post-apocalyptic feel. We never actually see the apocalypse/collapse occur, but Road Warrior is very much more in line with Fury Road (those two films are the most similar in the franchise IMO). Beyond Thunderdome is a fun film as well and kind of does its own thing in the first half and feels similar to road warrior in the second half. Amazing franchise and I've been a fan of it since I was a kid.

Last edited:
Well, its official, I took Friday the 24th off from work and plan on catching an early show! I cannot wait for this!

I'm excited to see Miller talking about the next potential film for the franchise as well with Max.

Last edited:
The red carpet for Furiosa has started. Here’s a link for the English commentary. We should be seeing the cast and crew soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"