Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

Another wave of reactions:

These legit Brazilian reviewers said the following:
- Both liked it but the guy in black liked it a lot and even more than Fury Road.
- It was great that the 3 actresses playing Furiosa seemes exactly the same person.
- ATJ is really good and her physicality as well.
- There’s a lot of story, more cared for, detailed, explained… A lot more than FR.
- Incredible action.
- They liked a lot the overall look because it was different, more polished also because it takes place earlier in the Wasteland timeline.
- George Miller took the stuff we saw and liked in FR and brought new things to it. Different fight sequences…
- Expanded the Mad Max world and explained it better.
- Dementus goes through several transformations. A really fun character and CH seems to have a blast doing it. Very good character and he looks good.
- The way George Miller does his shots and the production/design of it all, the visuals are very big in scope, very cinematic…
- Everything you see from FR like the cars, the make up department, the costumes… is all better in Furiosa. It’s another level and an evolution. Incredible.

Last edited:

Got my tickets for the 21st!!!

tumblr_pmh9ufkjlY1ro1e7ko1_540.gif

“Let’s party!!!” :D

Let’s go!!! Can’t wait to see this.
Of course they are using FR as a marketing tool for Furiosa. I don’t blame them, that damn film is incredible and Furiosa is directly connected to it with very much the same crew and of course Mastermind George Miller is back to his favorite sandbox and that in itself is a joy to witness.

A few takeaways:
- That epic Fury Road music is played at the beginning! I’m sure we’ll get some hints at it in Furiosa which is super exciting.
- So one of my favorite characters vehicle is seemingly back because we see The Peacemaker right at the beginning. Unfortunately the actor who played The Bullet Farmer passed away in 2019.
- Dementus biker gang seems like a blast. A giant horde of misfits wrecking havoc in the Wasteland.
- The action looks Mad as expected in this crazy Wasteland.

EDIT: And I have a feeling that the leftover vehicles/parts from the carnage in these battles are repurposed/reused by Immortan Joe, The People Eater and The Bullet Farmer to what we eventually see in Fury Road.

Last edited:
Seemingly WB has spared no expenses in the marketing for Furiosa and it’s incredible to see the sheer amount of stuff they have put out everywhere around the world.

A while back i wondered how they were going to tackle the marketing for this, they seemed to be holding on to a lot of stuff early on and that made me a bit anxious, but then after some test screenings and likely a few adjustments and the realization of what they had on their hands, WB really opened up the marketing floodgates. Now I can happily say, from what I’m seeing, that WB feels pretty confident in the final product and they are trying to get as much people on board as possible.

Something else worth mentioning is that I’ve seen several reviews and read from several people that have seen the film who say that the trailers don’t do the film justice at all and that in context it’s so much better than what is being advertised.

We’ll see soon enough but so far the word of mouth seems pretty good/great to me as a massive FR fan. 👍

Btw if you use the hashtag #Furiosa on Twitter, it is now followed by the traditional fiery steering wheel with the skull in the middle, the symbol from the War Boys. 👍

Anya looks like she has put a bit of weight back on and looks all the better for it.

Looks great here. :cool:👍👍
Good orange colouring throughout and consistent imagery. That’s what we want to see.

Pre-Sales Report: Breaking Down FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA's First Day

According to the folks at BOT:
Just two weeks from release, tickets for Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga went on sale Wednesday, May 8 and the early results are encouraging.

They have been forecasting a minimum of 40M at the opening weekend. Also earlier in the month, Deadline had their own range between 40-50M.

Previously I said that if the reception was decent/good it could pick some steam and finish even higher. Now after seeing the early reactions I think it’s likely the reception is going to be more towards the good/great range so I’m gonna say it’s gonna be 50M+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"