Sequels Maguire and Raimi returning for SM4, maybe 5 (back to back)

Sony is taking its time officially hiring the movie's villain since principal photography doesn't start on Spider-Man 4 until next fall because of the recently postponed May 2011 release. kirsten-spider-3.jpgI am told, however, that "once you find out who the villain is, you'll know who's playing it."

:eek:

So it's either a villain from a previous film - Ock, I hope - or Vulture.

maybe Vulture seeing as how he was supposed to be in number 3.

nonononononononono! </shia labeouf>

*sigh* Oh well, at least Tobey can do a decent job, but I'd rather he'd try to improve maturing the character and take the wineiness out.

As far as this statement is concerned...
Sony is taking its time officially hiring the movie's villain since principal photography doesn't start on Spider-Man 4 until next fall because of the recently postponed May 2011 release. I am told, however, that "once you find out who the villain is, you'll know who's playing it."

I immediately thought of either Dylan Baker as the Lizard or Ben Kingsly as Vulture. I'm leaning towards the former though.

:eek:

I must be stupid! The Lizard didn't even cross my mind.

OMG!!!!! That's awesome! I'm so glad Sam Raimi and Tobey will most likely be returning and it seems as though the Lizard could be in S-M4! :wow::wow::spidey::up:

Excellent news! It's easy to say that Lizard is in. Who else would it be with that clue? If not, then it'd have to be Kingsley as Vulture.

or maybe they'll go for an albino dude to play tombstone

:confused:

after spectacular, i definitely wouldn't mind a bit of tombstone.

the spiderman films lack a real sense of temptation and spiderman's role with regards to the law. he needs to do some crime boss fighting. a complete non sympathetic villain

OMG. And what is funny is that the ebay thread that got closed was actually real it now seems.

Do you guys think Vulture will be in the film also? Hopefully that if they do, they cast Ben Kingsley.

I wouldn't mind a Lizard & Vulture villian movie but NO TEAMING UP PLEASE :mad:. But I do think Lizard and Kraven are a far better combo.

Well I'm glad Tobey is back, I'm used to him as Spidey any ways. Guess they gave him the money he wanted LOL. Filming Spider-Man 4 and 5 back to back eh? Makes sense. I saw the Lizard being the villain for the third a mile away, that's what the fans want any way. Is Kristin coming back? I hope not, her screaming is sooo annoying...They can just kill off her character and bring in some other new love intrest for Spidey.

Edit;

Vulture being a villain would be ok by me.

Ok, I have just digested the news and here is what I think. I did want Raimi and Tobey back for SM4 to see if Raimi and co. could redeem themselves for SM3 and go back to the quality of SM2 and SM1. Now it seems that they will film SM4 and SM5 back to back which is fine with me. However, I want to see Tobey actually want the role and begin to work out like he did for SM1. SM3 was no excuse and he wasn't built at all. Also, please Raimi do not put your entire family in this movie either and do take into account what critics and fans said about SM3. Vanderbilt taking the writing helm will be interesting to see how these movies play out.

I do hope these two films will be a good end because it looks like we won't be getting another Spidey now for a long long time after these two.

I wouldn't mind a Lizard & Vulture villian movie but NO TEAMING UP PLEASE :mad:. But I do think Lizard and Kraven are a far better combo.

Same here. Have Spidey try and deal with two seperate threats at once. That should be interesting.

And Lizard/Kraven for the win. :liz:

The stories that could be made involving Spidey, Lizard, and Kraven is really awesome to think about.

Same here. Have Spidey try and deal with two seperate threats at once. That should be interesting.

And Lizard/Kraven for the win. :liz:
I have always wanted to see two villians fight each other and Spidey. I do like the idea of two seperate threats and Lizard/Kraven and Lizard/Vulture could do that. Anyways, when Lizard is fully going, he is primal and cannot be reasoned with anyways. I do hope they go that route and not make the Lizard consciously bad but unconsciously bad like a werewolf. I also want to see his transformation and it be slow and painful.

I have always wanted to see two villians fight each other and Spidey. I do like the idea of two seperate threats and Lizard/Kraven and Lizard/Vulture could do that. Anyways, when Lizard is fully going, he is primal and cannot be reasoned with anyways. I do hope they go that route and not make the Lizard consciously bad but unconsciously bad like a werewolf.

I would like to see a steady de-evolution in the Lizards mind. Talking at first, then an all out feral monster as time goes on.

I would like to see a steady de-evolution in the Lizards mind. Talking at first, then an all out feral monster as time goes on.
Yeah I don't want it to be in 1 minutes time. I just don't want a talking Lizard:o As the serum takes effect, he would hide himself and be absent from class. But I was saying once he is the Lizard...I don't want any part of Connors in him. I want a feral beast and I want us to see that last painful transformation as he turns into the Lizard.

Wow this is great news. Glad that Raimi has been given another chance to redeem himself

or maybe they'll go for an albino dude to play tombstone

:confused:

after spectacular, i definitely wouldn't mind a bit of tombstone.

the spiderman films lack a real sense of temptation and spiderman's role with regards to the law. he needs to do some crime boss fighting. a complete non sympathetic villain

if you put a crime boss as the main villain you can put a bunch of lower level henchmen villains in there too.

Shocker, Scorpion, Rhino, Vulture, etc.

Well if they are doing them back to back then it works... I think they are doing a Sinister Six setup... Lizard over two films wouldn't make sense. At the very least Vulture/Electro combo for SM5 or something. Raimi has expressed interest in the Sinister Six so I don't want to hear it from anybody that they aren't going to do that.

Kingpin will never be in a Sony owned Spider-Man movie.

Excellent! :up:

I can't express how happy I am right now. I trust Nikki Finke completely (been a fan of the site for a long time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"