Maleficent 2

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Surprised there wasn’t already a thread for this. Oh well

From https://www.cbr.com/maleficient-2-ed-skrein-villain/

Deadpool star Ed Skrein is in talks to join Disney’s Maleficent sequel.

Details surrounding Skrein’s role in the feature are being kept under wraps, but Variety reports that he’ll be playing a villain. This marks the latest villainous role for the busy actor, as Skrein is coming off of Alita: Battle Angel, where he plays Zapan, a cyborg antagonist with a grudge.

A second one?! Why? The first one was terrible. I wanted to see Maleficent live up to her name.

I have yet to see Maleficent. I really should watch it one of these days.

Because the last one made money.

I have yet to see Maleficent. I really should watch it one of these days.

I have a feeling I may be in a minority here but I enjoyed Maleficent a lot more than I thought I would.

I have a feeling I may be in a minority here but I enjoyed Maleficent a lot more than I thought I would.

It wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t what was wanted either at least not by me.

A second one?! Why? The first one was terrible. I wanted to see Maleficent live up to her name.

It wasn’t perfect (for example they relied too much on a narrator explaining everything) but there were some good ideas and I’m keen for more

Not at all, there’s plenty like us

It wasn’t perfect (for example they relied too much on a narrator explaining everything) but there were some good ideas and I’m keen for more
I like Jolie as Maleficent, but they should do a live action Sleeping Beauty with Jolie still as Maleficent and they don't need to cast a well known name in the Aurora/Briar Rose role, just cast a beautiful blond talented Broadway actress. This is what irked me with the live action Beauty and the Beast - they didn't need to cast subpar singer and actress Emma Watson in the Belle role, they should've just cast a talented beautiful Broadway actress because the actual movie would've sold itself.

Yeah that’s fair. But to be honest a lot of people were excited to see emma as belle

Yeah that’s fair. But to be honest a lot of people were excited to see emma as belle
I would've preferred it if emma ended up playing Cinderella and Lily James played Belle. Only because I've always loved Beauty and the Beast and I'm indifferent to Cinderella.

Michelle Pfeiffer in Talks to Join Angelina Jolie in ‘Maleficent 2’
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/michelle-pfieffer-angelina-jolie-maleficent-2-1202786677/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Michelle Pfeiffer is in advanced talks to join Disney’s sequel of its hit “Maleficent,” starring Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning.

Ed Skrein is also on board to join the cast, with “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” helmer Joachim Ronning set to direct.

If a deal closes, Pfeiffer is on board to play the queen in the movie.

I liked Michelle Pfeiffer in Stardust. Wonder what role she'll play in this.

What are they getting at!
700.gif

How dare they force me to be interested.

I adore the first one. And I say that as someone whom grew up with the Disney animated original as one of his all time favorite Disney films, which is a rarity in my household. I love old musicals from the classic era, but we weren't really a Disney household. We skewed towards Bugs Bunny and his crew let's say.

Still I always loved the original Disney Sleeping Beauty. So you would think I would hate MALEFICENT but... I loved it. I have the original SB if I want to see it anytime. While I get wanting to see material adapted faithfully after a while it's nice to get a curve. They don't all have to be as slavish to the source material as LotR or Game Of Thrones. I mean, as big of a hit as it was, the live action BEAUTY AND THE BEAST has it's fair share of detractors for being a blah remake that didn't add anything to what was already done.

With MALEFICENT, they took the story and turned it on it's ear in a way I found very engaging and entertaining. Jolie was perfect in the role and the other things one judges a film on, production values etc. were top notch in my book. Also, like a good fairy tale it's message was cloaked in the surface narrative but they managed to have commentary about choice, about the vileness of violating another, about how there can be more to love than just romantic/sexual interest. All in all I really enjoyed it for what it was, a retelling that turned everything upside down.

Now... Do I need a follow up film in the least?

I have zero interest in it. ZERO.

Meh... this has Alice Through The Looking Glass written all over it. Not everything needs a sequel and Maleficent was never crying out for one.

However, it's La Pfeiff and they have my attention.

Meh... this has Alice Through The Looking Glass written all over it. Not everything needs a sequel and Maleficent was never crying out for one.

However, it's La Pfeiff and they have my attention.

Somehow thought they might :yay:

How does she manage to make those glasses look so damn hot?!

''Quick guys, who do we make Pfeiffer look frumpy?''

''I know, throw a strand of hair in her face and give her glasses Angela Lansbury would wear in Murder, She Wrote.''

Last edited:
Angela Lansbury never looked like that in them though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"