• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Man of Steel vs Batman Begins

BH/HHH

You Are My World
Reaction score
It's simple, which one was better?

For me Man of Steel, I felt they just did the whole origin better and I preferred that it was done in highlights like a comic book. I love Batman Begins but it does drag a little at times, also comforting the endings which are both great but Man of Steel is just such a more satisfying finale. As for the very end, again Man of Steel wins for me, it was so much more hopeful in my opinion. Lastly MOS wins cause I am biased towards Superman :woot:

To make an analogy...If this poll/topic is Iron Man 2...Batman Begins would be Tony Stark, and Man of Steel would be Justin Hammer.

I loved both so much. But I am more of a Batman fan, and I was in 5th grade when BB came out, it was seriously one of the most exciting moments in my life to see that in theaters. I had grown up watching all the films and the animated series since I was 4, and when Batman Begins came out after not having a Batman film for 8 years, it was just the best feeling.

The third act of BB gets boring for me, and i think MOS may have more rewatchability, and the MOS fight scenes are unbeatable. But BB's narrative flows better, MOS's scenes seemed to be all over the place, I wish there would have been more scenes on Krypton, everything on Krypton happened too fast.

I've gotta go with BB. I believe it did what it set out to do better.
Still really like MoS.
Batman Begins: 8.8
Man of Steel: 8.0

I like both the movies think Begins was much better but then I'm a more of a Batman fan. So I'm little biased here I'm gonna go for the Bat obviously. Both great movies never the less.

To make an analogy...If this poll/topic is Iron Man 2...Batman Begins would be Tony Stark, and Man of Steel would be Justin Hammer.

:lmao:

Obviously I disagree but that was quite funny

Is this poll on which one you liked better, or which one has better writing, drama, and character arcs?

Begins. I think it's better-paced, better-acted, and more emotionally captivating. MOS has some off the charts action, some of the greatest superhero action put on screen, but the thing I truly loved about Begins was that if felt like a homemade movie that utilized mostly practical effects and achieved a very tactile sense of reality. It felt like something that could have been made in the 70s, and that was so refreshing. MOS ends up succumbing to that pervasive "video game" feeling a bit towards the end, even though there is some truly impressive carnage on display. I wanted to see more of Cavill and Shannon in the action.

A lot of this comes down to the fundamental differences between the two characters and the type of action they require, but I've always been more of a Batman fan. I went into MOS hoping for it to surpass Begins though, and for me it didn't come close.

This is a tough one. I love both films, and I think they're pretty much equal in terms of quality and character-building. And I go back and forth with Bats and Supes over which one is my favorite superhero. But I have to give the edge to MOS for one key reason: Lois Lane is a much, MUCH better female lead than Rachel Dawes. And not only because Amy Adams is 10 times the actress that Katie Holmes is... the character was much more interesting and likeable.

Batman Begins has my vote but I give both BB and Man of Steel a 9/10.

I have to wait until I watch MoS again on bluray to make a final decision. I hated Begins at first but it became one of my favourites watching it a second time. I thought MoS was good but not great so at the moment Batman Begins for me.

I think both are very similar. Very strong concepts with some serious problems.

I am certainly undecided here. I'd say I'd rate both more or less the same.

This is a tough one. I love both films, and I think they're pretty much equal in terms of quality and character-building. And I go back and forth with Bats and Supes over which one is my favorite superhero. But I have to give the edge to MOS for one key reason: Lois Lane is a much, MUCH better female lead than Rachel Dawes. And not only because Amy Adams is 10 times the actress that Katie Holmes is... the character was much more interesting and likeable.
I absolutely agree, although I still prefere BB.

Lois Lane > Rachel Dawes
Martha Kent > Martha Wayne

Faora > all

I'm more of a Batman fan, so I prefer BB. That said, I thought MOS was a fantastic movie and I loved it.

BB was probably technically a better movie but I prefer MOS.

MOS was really good but I'm going to have to go with BB for now.

Batman Begins is my all time favorite comic book movie, but MOS is a close second only because I like Batman more than Superman.

Begins. I think it's better-paced, better-acted, and more emotionally captivating. MOS has some off the charts action, some of the greatest superhero action put on screen, but the thing I truly loved about Begins was that if felt like a homemade movie that utilized mostly practical effects and achieved a very tactile sense of reality. It felt like something that could have been made in the 70s, and that was so refreshing. MOS ends up succumbing to that pervasive "video game" feeling a bit towards the end, even though there is some truly impressive carnage on display. I wanted to see more of Cavill and Shannon in the action.

A lot of this comes down to the fundamental differences between the two characters and the type of action they require, but I've always been more of a Batman fan. I went into MOS hoping for it to surpass Begins though, and for me it didn't come close.

It's funny because I consider myself a Batman comics fan more than a Superman one, but I felt that MOS got the personality of its titular hero better.

Huge Superman fan and I really think MOS COULD have been the Superman movie I was waiting for my entire life, but the better movie is very easily Batman Begins. I probably like it a little better too.

MOS' editing, dialogue, pacing, and develop/characterization is what I take issue with.

Last edited:
Seeing as Batman Begins is the single best CBM imho MoS didn't surpass it. And I'm a huge Superman fan, and generally find Batman boring. I don't really like Batman at all, but it's hard to deny that BB was a superior film. My list:

1) Batman Begins
2) Man of Steel
3) Avengers
4) The Dark Knight
5) Iron Man 1

I'd like to request all threads comparing any superhero origin film to Batman Begins be deleted until such a time comes when we actually get one as good as Batman Begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"