Iron Man 2 Mandarin's rings: A solution?

How about this crazy idea

10 rings made from advanced alien tech imbue a man with amazing powers.

Hey that sounds catchy. As long as little crystal skulled men dont show up. ....skull skull skrull skrullS

Don't know how they can do the rings. The rings could be fueld by new technology or something.

If only the comics gave us a way to explain the rings...darn.

I thought, after Iron Man, it was clear, that the Mandarins rings were only metaphorical rings and not actual jewellery. the rings are a Al Quaida-esque loose organization led or inspired by whoever the Mandarin is.

I thought, after Iron Man, it was clear, that the Mandarins rings were only metaphorical rings and not actual jewellery. the rings are a Al Quaida-esque loose organization led or inspired by whoever the Mandarin is.

You thought that was "clear". I had no inclination to read that from the naming of the terrorists as the Ten Rings. I figured that it was either a name selected because their benefactor had the actual 10 rings... or it was at the least, a tribute to the Mandarin (like the call sign for the F22s being Whiplash).

You thought that was "clear". I had no inclination to read that from the naming of the terrorists as the Ten Rings. I figured that it was either a name selected because their benefactor had the actual 10 rings... or it was at the least, a tribute to the Mandarin (like the call sign for the F22s being Whiplash).
I guess you have to watch movies more careful :hehe:

It wasn't 100% clear. If anything it was vague. You were given some information, not all of it.

If it was metaphorical, and it represented 10 "cells" of terrorists... are we down to 9 Rings now???

Or if the Rings meant 10 international resources (i.e. Raza for his foot soldiers, and Stane for his weapons supplies), then are we down to 8???

Maybe the IM2 is about Tony tracking down the other 8, which he discovers belong to the ghost of Liberace, who has risen to go after the 2 that were stolen that were stolen by rap artists on a bling rampage.

Last edited:
If it was metaphorical, and it represented 10 "cells" of terrorists... are we down to 9 Rings now???

Or if the Rings meant 10 international resources (i.e. Raza for his foot soldiers, and Stane for his weapons supplies), then are we down to 8???

Maybe the IM2 is about Tony tracking down the other 8, which he discovers belong to the ghost of Liberace, who has risen to go after the 2 that were stolen that were stolen by rap artists on a bling rampage.

Maybe. Or maybe they could just use The Mandarin as he actually is in recent comics: a brilliant scientist and beyond brilliant kung fu grandmaster who is evil but not remotely silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"