Mario and Sonic ATOG a BAD choice????

GregComicFan

movie and comic buff
Reaction score
Hi,

When it was announced that Mario and Sonic were FINALLY going to be in a video game together, I was astonished and excited....

....then I found out it was going to be a mini-game game based on Olympic Events, and I felt...well...kinda "blah" about the whole thing.

I'll reserve judgement until the game comes out, because it would be unfair to judge a game before I even played it. However, was anybody else but me disappointed that THIS was the game that would mark this historic first meeting of these two video game icons? I would have preferred hearing that a top secret Mario/Sonic platform game (combining the worlds of Mario and Sonic) was being produced. That would have been a video gamer's dream come true....but instead this is just like saying that Sonic and his pals are being thrown into the next Mario Party game....

yeah...

Greg

I don't.

I love this mini Game compilations far more than a platform game....I am actually pumped about this...it's in my top three most anticipated games right behind Smash Bros and Mario Kart

I wouldn't write it off so quickly. It won the award for best Wii game (beating out Super Mario Galaxy and Wii Fitness) at the Leipzig Games Convention.

I think it looks awesome, and is a nice way to test the waters to see if casual and newer gamers would still be interested in a Sonic/Mario platformer...I'd love to see the gameplay of the two mixed in a platformer eventually myself though, imagine Mario with fast shoes, or Sonic getting the racoon suit...and this game opens the door to that possibility.

I think it looks awesome, and is a nice way to test the waters to see if casual and newer gamers would still be interested in a Sonic/Mario platformer...I'd love to see the gameplay of the two mixed in a platformer eventually myself though, imagine Mario with fast shoes, or Sonic getting the racoon suit...and this game opens the door to that possibility.

Thats how I see it. Not to mention that the characters that will be appearing from both worlds respectively. Tails, Luigi, Knuckles, etcetera. :D I'm excited.

But at the same token, I know where Greg is coming from, because it does seem that Sonic and Co. are just being extra characters to a Mario Party 9 or something. If anything this should've been a back burner game to something bigger that (as Greg said) could've been a Mario meets Sonic game where we venture both worlds to stop King Koopa and Eggman.

Eh, I don't think a Mario/Sonic platformer would work very well.. But I am all for Sonic being in SSB and slowly being integrated into the list of Nintendo regulars.

The thing is we already knew there was going to be an official Olympics game of some sort...there is every time the olympics are about to begin.

They usually sell very well. Since Sega was given the official license to work with this year, it just seems logical to do what you can to make it the best selling Official Olympics title ever sold.

How do you do that?

By bringing together two of the biggest rival mascots in the history of videogames. Personally I'll be buying it. And the reason for that is because it's meshing the Mario and Sonic franchises for the first time in history.

Plus it looks like it will be a friggin blast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"