The Super Mario Galaxy Anticipation Thread

Brother's friend's son was playing Call of Duty 3 on his Wii the other day. I vomited in my mouth. My PS2 has better graphics than it. What Nintendo did was to take the brain of a gamecube and put it in a trendy new skin.

Oh yeah because we all know the Gamecube was capable of utilizing motion sensor controllers, connecting to the internet, and downloading old games. The similarities are so clear, how did I not see them? :whatever:

BTW, you must have glaucoma if you think the CoD3 graphics on PS2 are better than Wii.

Oh yeah because we all know the Gamecube was capable of utilizing motion sensor controllers, connecting to the internet, and downloading old games. The similarities are so clear, how did I not see them? :whatever:

BTW, you must have glaucoma if you think the CoD3 graphics on PS2 are better than Wii.

What nice features, if only they had given it a seventh gen graphics card.
Have you ever seen an 360 side by side with a Wii? I'm amazed that Nintendo dropped the soap on this console.

If you're playing the Wii, or any console for that matter, solely because of graphics, you aren't a real gamer.

Yes I have. The 360's obviously are better but we haven't seen the full capabilities of the Wii yet.

Please, no more bickering or trolling. This thread is about SMG. Kritish, if you continue to troll, you will be reported. You're welcome to discuss SMG, though.

If you're playing the Wii, or any console for that matter, solely because of graphics, you aren't a real gamer.

Yes I have. The 360's obviously are better but we haven't seen the full capabilities of the Wii yet.

I'm not obsessed with graphics, but I think it should have better graphics for a seventh gen console. Plus I like nintendo and I don't think that it's wise to be ignore real gamers when you're going after newbies and moms.
SMG and Rayman are just fine but they're as shallow as Anna Nicole Smith. I'd like to see more games with depth and more mature tastes.

I'm not obsessed with graphics, but I think it should have better graphics for a seventh gen console. Plus I like nintendo and I don't think that it's wise to be ignore real gamers when you're going after newbies and moms.

SMG and Rayman are just fine but they're as shallow as Anna Nicole Smith. I'd like to see more games with depth and more mature tastes.

Then your negative, asinine comments don't belong in this thread.

You want SMG to have more Depth?!
Are you actually insane?
Have you ever read anything about the game? It's set in space, can you imagin how many themed planets they are going to come up with? We've seen about 10 screen shots and a few clips of gameplay.
you haven't even played it, and you already are asking for more ****ing Depth!?

I, also, think your comments on the graphics on the Wii are silly. Of course Ps3 and X360 have nicer graphics, they're different consoles which are offering different things. Graphics can only go so far... given the choice, would you get a DS or PSP, and not for extras, for games?

Nintendo got it right this gen... good/different console, fun gameplay, gets you of your feet (if you want too), nice price. It's the prefect "second" console for a home, which is why it's selling so well.

Yeah. Gotta hate how Mario games have slipped from their basic tenements of run & jump. Where is the Oscar movie-worthy plot? WHY CAN I NOT FEEL MARIO'S EMOTIONAL PAIN??? :rolleyes:

Mario Galaxy looks like it's going to break my brain.

I think some of these people, when it comes to graphics, are wanting realism in their games. Now if you want a realistic Mario, look no further.
180px-Mariobrothers.jpg

^LOL :woot:

"Swing your arms to side to side,
come on LET'S DO THE MARIO!
Take a step, and then you'll find,
come on, LET'S DO THE MARIO!"

Gotta love the Mario rap.:wow: :word:

SMG, shallow? I disagree a thousand times. The Super Mario franchise has a greater understanding of game mechanics and control than any other franchise in history, short of The Legend of Zelda and Metroid. This is true of most Nintendo games. A Mario game understands how something as simple as "jumping" dramatically changes the mechanics of gameplay; whereas other lesser games add "jumping" as an afterthought, Nintendo takes the time to perfect and capitalize on the mechanic through level design, combat, puzzles, etc.

If you want to criticize a game on the basis of their depth, I think you should look, well, deeper. For example, Gears of War is seen as a hardcore game, but I can go on for paragraphs on the game's shallowness. Think outside the box, is what I'm trying to tell you, and get over yourself.

Super Mario Galaxy November 12th.

the motion censor control is a peripheral, and could have easily been made to fit on a gamecube... the gamecube could have also easily been made to connect to the internet, and thusly, download old games.

and the ps2 version of COD3 looked just as good, if not better than the wii's. there was no excuse for that game looking like that.

the motion censor control is a peripheral, and could have easily been made to fit on a gamecube... the gamecube could have also easily been made to connect to the internet, and thusly, download old games.

But it wasn't.

and the ps2 version of COD3 looked just as good, if not better than the wii's. there was no excuse for that game looking like that.

You're right, there wasn't but that is the developers' responsibility.

BTW, way to respond to something 3 months old.

I gotta say....I've watched the videos...and I just don't get it.

I love my Wii but I'll be passing on this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"