Super Mario Super Mario Odyssey

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Super Mario Odyssey announced for Switch[/FONT]

Published 31 mins ago. 9 comments.
The first sandbox Mario game since Super Mario Sunshine.
Mario-Odyssey-Ann-Init.jpg
Ads by Kiosked

Nintendo has announced Super Mario Odyssey for Switch. It will launch in holiday 2017.

Here’s an overview, via Nintendo:
This is the first sandbox game that allows Mario to fully explore his world since Super Mario 64 on Nintendo 64 and Super Mario Sunshine on Nintendo GameCube. Mario jumps out of the Mushroom Kingdom and embarks on a journey through mysterious new places and new experiences, such as sailing between worlds aboard an airship and the ability to throw Mario’s cap. Super Mario Odyssey is scheduled to launch during the 2017 holiday season.

Watch the reveal trailer below.
[YT]5kcdRBHM7kM[/YT]

Read More

Switch, Clips, Game Announce, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch Presentation 2016, Super Mario Odyssey, Trailers

source: Gematsu

I was grinning throughout this whole trailer. Can't wait!

Waiting for Darth to kill all the fun and hype. :o

Looks fun enough I guess. Not really my favorite type of Mario game though.

Love that we're getting more open environments again, I've loved most of the main games recently but I definitely prefer a more sandbox style to the strict level format we've gotten since Galaxy.

I think it's great that Bowser & company are invading the "real world."

I hope princess peach learns some life skills in the real world so she doesn't get kidnapped as often

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Super Mario Odyssey ‘basic actions’ introduction gameplay[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 3 comments.
Jumps, flips, drops, and hat tosses.

Mario-Odyssey-Footage_01-14-17.jpg
Ads by Kiosked

Nintendo showcased a one-minute gameplay video of its newly announced Super Mario Odyssey demonstrating Mario’s actions during Nintendo Switch Experience 2017 in Tokyo.

The video showcases the three-step jump, long jump, backflip, hip drop into jump, climbing, body attack, and new hat toss action.

Super Mario Odyssey is due out for Switch in holiday 2017.
Watch the footage below. (Starts at 3:33:14, ends at 3:34:32.)''
[YT]D4YrHReUh50[/YT]

Read More

Switch, Clips, Gameplay, Nintendo, Super Mario Odyssey

source: Gematsu

I have a feeling this is going to be the new Super Mario Galaxy.

hqdefault.jpg
[FONT=Roboto !important]02:21
[/FONT]

[YT]Z0VaWqn4Xq8[/YT]
Super Mario Odyssey - First Impressions E3 2017 - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
published 06/16/2017

[FONT=Roboto !important]Super Mario Odyssey is a brand new Mario adventure for The Nintendo Switch and Victor Lucas got his grubby hands on it! Here are his first impressions!

[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

source: EPN.tv
photo.jpg

From the looks of it, each kingdom contains an unknown number of sub-levels which are somewhat like those in the Galaxy and 3D ____ games. One was seamlessly integrated into the kingdom itself rather than being a separate area(the red metal structure with vines growing on it) that Mario warps to, and another was in a castle-like structure(with Mario possessing bullet bills to traverse lava pits).

I'm fine with open-world sandbox Mario games as long as they contain obstacle course-like areas that harken back to Mario's platforming roots(Sunshine could have used a few more of those FLUDD-less levels)

Hey did I read the E3 Trailer ending right and it said Mario Odyssey was built using the Unreal Engine?

Originally Posted by LibidoLoca Hey did I read the E3 Trailer ending right and it said Mario Odyssey was built using the Unreal Engine?

be side the switch thread just examples

• About 114,000 results

10:42
[YT]shpVNBQyqOw[/YT]

Nintendo Switch - Specs and Unreal Engine 4

Commonwealth Realm
5 months ago88,376 views
How powerful will the specs of the Nintendo Switch be? Together with SuperMetalDave we go deep into the specs, Unreal Engine ...

1:43
[YT]4TmQgzWFOus[/YT]

Nintendo Switch Support | News | Unreal Engine

Unreal Engine

3 months ago25,287 views
NOA President and COO Reggie Fils-Aimé delivers a message directly to developers about Nintendo and Epic Games bringing ...

3:42
[YT]y5wGIM8Fc5U[/YT]

Seasons of Heaven - Unreal Engine 4 Nintendo Switch Trailer

TheCrazyHunters Die Spielbande

5 months ago11,003 views
Unreal Engine 4 Nintendo Switch Trailer zu Season of Heaven.

8:01

[YT]MXbAHk35QcY[/YT]​

20 Unreal Engine 4 Games Being Developed For The Nintendo Switch! Is A Big Game Coming?

Spawn Wave

2 months ago43,962 views
A representative for Epic Games Japan talked about the Nintendo Switch in an interview with Automaton. During the interview he .

Last edited:
Day one buy for me. Odyssey seems both familiar and fresh.

^ same for me.

besides, a Nintendo console doesn't feel complete without a Mario game. ;)

Super Mario Odyssey’s Director Discusses The Importance Of Mario Traveling The World . July 3, 2017 . 9:30am

In a new interview, Super Mario Odyssey’s director disscused the importan
ce of having Mario traveling all around the world, on whether Mario is actually human, and more.24 comments Read >

The release of Super Mario Odyssey for the Switch is still a few months off. However, the game’s director, Kenta Motokura, has shared a bunch of new information on the game with Vice. Among the topics discussed was the importance of having Mario traveling all around the world, on whether Mario is actually human, and on nostalgia for older fans of the Mario series.

First off, when asked about the importance of having Mario visit so many different places and travel the world, Motokura had this to say:

“This is a journey following Mario to save Princess Peach, one of his most [beloved], so we wanted to make this an epic journey. As players, we haven’t even gone to all the places that we want to visit, and we haven’t discovered all the places that we can. Through this game, we thought we could do that and bring a different experience to everyone.”

Next, Motokura was asked if Odyssey will feature references to older games to bring a sense of nostalgia for older fans of the Mario series:

“Yes, we definitely thought about nostalgia for players who have previously played other Mario games. This world consists of 3D and 2D and we wanted to mix things up. Therefore, we implemented the 2D aspect as well.”

Additionally, Motokura was asked if Mario was actually human, given the more realistic looking humans that were shown off in the game. Motokura did confirm that Mario is in fact human. In regards to why Mario looks so different when compared to the other humans in Odyssey, Motokura said, “In the world, there are many different types of people, you know.”

To read more from the discussion, you can go here.

Super Mario Odyssey is set to release for the Nintendo Switch worldwide on October 27th, 2017.

source:Siliconera

It seems like Odyssey is a response to every complaint that Nintendo/Mario fans had about the series in the past few years, from complaints that the series had drifted too far away from the style of Super Mario 64 and Sunshine to complaints that certain gameplay tropes are outdated, like lives and game overs.

I found out I'm eligible for a Mario hat because I pre-ordered. Cool. I'll be wearing it while I'm playing. :hehe:

That is an awesome pre-order bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"