Super Mario Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch exclusive)

I finally unlocked The Wiggler. I'm pretty sure it was a default kart in the Wii U version, but it took about 500 coins to get.

Pretty certain that the Wiggler was an unlock.

I'm enjoying the game. It's fun. I'm getting all the stars for the championships at the moment.

I have three golds stars on everything except 200cc. I'm halfwaythrough with 200cc though. By Monday I'll have three gold stars on all of 'em. Then I'll start the time trials. Hated them the first time on Wii U. Not looking forward to doing it again.

Last edited:

Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe first day sales top 459,000 in the U.S., fastest-selling entry in franchise history
Published 2 hours ago. 48 comments.
Also the highest-rated Mario Kart in 15 years.

MK8D-Fastest-Selling_05-01-17.jpg

Mario Kart 8, which launched worldwide on April 28, is the fastest-selling Mario Kart game in franchise history with more than 459,000 combined packaged and digital sales in the U.S. on launch day alone, Nintendo announced.

The previous record holder for highest first-day sales in the franchise was Mario Kart Wii, which sold approximately 433,900 when it launched in 2008.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has an attach rate of 45 percent, meaning that nearly one in two Switch owners in the U.S. purchased a copy of the game the day it launched. More than 2.7 million Switch systems have been sold worldwide, according to Nintendo.

In addition to being the fastest-selling game in the series, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is also the highest-rated game in the series in 15 years, with its Metacritic score of 93 tying that of Mario Kart: Super Circuit for Game Boy Advance.

Read More

Switch,Mario Kart 8 Deluxe,Nintendo,Racing Games,Sales

source: Gematsu

Last edited:
  • 789 views6 hours ago
Published on 3 May 2017
Today in the Rundown, we examine the new success of Mario Kart 8 on the Nintendo Switch, and what this might mean for the future of Nintendo. We also find out what classic football game might be mutating to the Switch, take a look at the new Marvel and Netflix series The Defenders, find out what other Marvel comic series is coming to Hulu, dive into DC's big screen Aquaman movie, and finally, have some curious hints from Ubisoft about a new Far Cry game!

source: EPN.tv

Last edited:
Two articles from the same place

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Takes #1 In The UK Sales Charts For The Second Straight Week. May 8, 2017 . 5:30am

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has been doing well for Nintendo after having taken the #1 spot in UK software sales for the first time in 2011. The numbers for Week 18 of 2017 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe continues to lead.

4 comments Read >

Also with

This Week In Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Golden Mushroom Boosts Its Way To The Top

. May 8, 2017 . 7:30am

Last week, Japan had a pretty big week with new releases in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X, Gun Gun Pixies, and Cube Creator DX.

9 comments Read >

source: Siliconera

I have three golds stars on everything except 200cc. I'm halfwaythrough with 200cc though. By Monday I'll have three gold stars on all of 'em. Then I'll start the time trials. Hated them the first time on Wii U. Not looking forward to doing it again.
I still have the time trials to do, but I'm focusing on Zelda now. There's been so many times when I've been in first place and an enemy power up has come out of nowhere to make me finish in second or third place. It was annoying at times but I still managed to get all the gold stars.

Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe version 1.2 update now available
Published 13 hours ago. 4 comments.
Latest update includes a number of online changes.

MK8-Deluxe-Update_06-28-17.jpg

Nintendo has released update version 1.2 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, adding a number of online changes to the Mario and friends racing game.

The full list of changes include:

• Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
    • Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
    • In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
    • Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
    • When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
    • Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
    • Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
    • The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
    • Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
    • No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
    • Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is available now for Switch.

Read More

Switch,Mario Kart 8 Deluxe,Nintendo,Racing Games

Last edited:

Switch

[Mario Kart 8 Deluxe version 1.3 update now available
Published 4 hours ago. 0 comments.

Video capture support added.

Mario-Kart-8-Deluxe-Update_10-18-17.jpg
Nintendo has released update version 1.3 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, adding support for Switch’s new video capture system among other changes.

• Video capture compatibility added. Hold the Capture Button to capture up to 30 seconds of the previous footage.
      • The system must be updated to Ver 4.0.0 or higher to use this feature.
    • Now more difficult to float down using the glider when Smart Steering is ON.
    • Blue Shells no longer hit the second place player when the first place player hasn’t yet crossed the finish line.
    • Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing.
    • Changes made to Online Play prior to Ver.1.2.1 now apply to Wireless Play and LAN Play as well:
      • When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players.
      • No more than one Piranha Plant will appear at a time.
      • Updating to Ver 1.3.0 will prevent users from Wireless Play or LAN Play with users on Ver.1.2.1 or lower.

source:Gematsu

Last edited:
What's everyone's dream Mario Kart roster? I think Diddy Kong, Wiggler, Birdo, and Kamek should make a return and replace some of the clone drivers (I'm looking at you Metal Mario, Dry Bowser, and Pink Gold Peach). Possibly more Nintendo characters as DLC... (*cough* Captain Falcon, Fox, and Samus. *cough*)

Got to have Yoshi too.

So...

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Rosalina
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Koopalings
Dry Bones
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Kamek
Wiggler
King Boo
Shy Guy
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Pauline
One of the Broodals

I would probably take out Baby Peach and Daisy, but Nintendo loves them babies.

Switch

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe version 1.4 update now available
Published 4 hours ago. 2 comments.
Adds Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean language support.

MK8-Update_12-12-17.jpg

Nintendo has released the version 1.4 update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, adding language support for Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean, as well as a couple of other changes.

• Language support for Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean has now been implemented.
      • You can change languages in Settings on your console.
    • An issue has been resolved that prevented background music from playing after you reach the finish line.
    • When you download update data (Ver.1.4.0), you will no longer be able to engage in local play or LAN play with those still using Version 1.2.1 or earlier.

Last edited:
What's everyone's dream Mario Kart roster? I think Diddy Kong, Wiggler, Birdo, and Kamek should make a return and replace some of the clone drivers (I'm looking at you Metal Mario, Dry Bowser, and Pink Gold Peach). Possibly more Nintendo characters as DLC... (*cough* Captain Falcon, Fox, and Samus. *cough*)

I'm glad you asked actually, I reckon they will have to add mayor Pauline to the next one. I would love it if they added Mario as a cheep cheep though. Love the 'stache!

I would also love more Pokemon. Actually Nintendo should just make a Pokemon go karting game!

Charizard, Pikachu, and Mewtwo are shoe ins.

Oh yes that would be pretty cool. Have they added sonic yet? They can do that now I think

Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe version 1.5 update now available, adds Nintendo Labo functionality
Published 7 hours ago. 3 comments.

Race using the Toy-Con Motorbike.

Mario-Kart-8_06-25-18.jpg

Nintendo has released the version 1.5 update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which adds support for the Toy-Con Motorbike from the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit.

In a press release, Nintendo said “Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the first game outside of Nintendo Labo software to receive Toy-Con support, and more titles will be compatible with Nintendo Labo in the future.”

• Now supports the use of the Toy-Con Motorbike from Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit.
      • You can now set whether or not to use the Toy-Con Motorbike from the Toy-Con settings in the top menu.
      • At the screen right before the game begins, please set the Joy-Con inside the Toy-Con Motorbike.
      • When using the Toy-Con Motorbike, the camera will look over the character’s shoulder, increasing immersion.
      • Press the downward directional button to play with normal view again.
    • Addressed an issue where, after setting up a tournament, the “Search by code” feature would stop functioning.
    • Addressed an issue that made it impossible for a player to proceed after colliding with a Star Thwomp.
    • The latest update data is needed to play matches online.
    • Once you have downloaded the latest update data, you will no longer be able to play “Local Wireless” and “LAN Play” matches with other players who have not downloaded this data.

Last edited:

Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to add Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kit compatibility
Published 2 days ago. 2 comments.
More Nintendo Labo functionality on the way.

Mario-Kart-8-Deluxe-Nintendo-Labo_08-24-18.jpg
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be compatible with Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kit when it launches on September 14, Nintendo announced.

The Mario racing game is already compatible with the Toy-Con Motorbike from Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit.

Watch a trailer for the game’s upcoming Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kitcompatibility below.
[YT]JPngtzn_UYo[/YT]

Last edited:

NEWS Bandai Namco And HTC Are Bringing Mario Kart VR To The United States
Yesterday, 9:05pm Mario Kart Bandai Namco VR US
Racing in virtual reality
comments 31

Following a successful launch in Japan and the UK, the Mario Kart Arcade GP VR experience is now on its way to the United States. Bandai Namco and HTC will bring the immersive Mario Kart game to the new "VR Zone Portal" in Washington, D.C. Mario Kart VR allows four players to hop into specially designed karts and race..Read more

source: Nintendolife.com/

Mario Kart 9 needs to bring back double carts. Which items should they bring back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"